GUILTY TN - Yair Carillo, 4 days old, abducted, mom stabbed, Antioch, 29 Sept 2009

11232335_BG2.jpg

What a precious angel!

Several stab wounds, in multiple locations on her body, but none of them are life-threatening?

IMO these sound self-inflicted.

Hope I'm wrong.

Is she still in the hospital? I noticed she looked like she was in a hospital gown in front of the hospital.

Maybe she escaped before she could be stabbed severely. Maybe the woman who took the baby was using a slicing motion rather than trying to stab her deeply.

I just don't know what her motive would be. She seemed happy to have a new baby .......even having a stork in the yard to show she had a new baby.

She has a three year old and they were unharmed.

I am just hoping that the beautiful baby boy is found alive and well.

imo

what bothers me is I didn't see her cry at all and I keep asking myself what has really happened here. Wonder if they checked the wal mart camera to make sure the baby was with her when she left.

I hope I'm wrong, but after watching her my hinky meter has gone off, not only did someone steal her baby, but just the fact of being attacked by someone with a knife, Imo I would expect much more emotion coming from her. I wonder if she has been medicated?

VB

OK, I have not noted there is conflict in her story first she told the neighbor that the lady was going to kill her baby, then in the interview she says the lady said nothing about the baby.

my wife just asked me where the father is and it dawned on me that i have heard no mention of the father. I have looked through the posted links and cant find anything mentioned. I am probably just missing it, but has anyone else know what the fathers situation is? Seem to me that the police are gonna want to talk to him right?? Could be the dads girlfriend or something.
Just strange that there is no mention.

my wife just asked me where the father is and it dawned on me that i have heard no mention of the father. I have looked through the posted links and cant find anything mentioned. I am probably just missing it, but has anyone else know what the fathers situation is? Seem to me that the police are gonna want to talk to him right?? Could be the dads girlfriend or something.
Just strange that there is no mention.
I noticed that too. Something seems very off about this situation, imo. If the woman who allegedly took the baby is caucasian with blond hair, it seems she wasn't intending to pass the baby off as her own as obviously the baby is dark skinned. So either she did it for someone else, or maybe the incident didn't happen as the mother is stating. I also find it odd that a knife was grabbed from somewhere inside the house as if the alleged kidnapper didn't plan on any confrontation from the mother. Sounds suspicious, imo. MOO

Police Pursuing Lead in Amber Alert Case

Investigators are seeking information on a late model Kia Spectra sedan that was in the parking lot of Wal-Mart at Nolensville Road and Harding Place between 11 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Tuesday morning.

The car entered the parking lot at about the same time as Yair and his mother, Maria Gurrolla.

The Kia parked near Gurrollas car.

The driver never got out, but followed Gurrollas car out of the parking lot and onto Nolensville Road.

Surveillance video showed one person was in the Kia, which appears to have an out of state license plate.

More: http://www.wztv.com/newsroom/top_stories/wztv_vid_1538.shtml

Investigators are seeking information on a late model Kia Spectra sedan that was in the parking lot of Wal-Mart at Nolensville Road and Harding Place between 11 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Tuesday morning.

The car entered the parking lot at about the same time as Yair and his mother, Maria Gurrolla.

The driver never got out, but followed Gurrollas car out of the parking lot and onto Nolensville Road.

Surveillance video showed one person was in the Kia, which appears to have an out of state license plate.

This does lend credibility to the abduction later happening at the house, but with the description given, it still seems to me this woman was acting on behalf of somebody else. I'm still confused as to why though. MOO

Could the kidnapper be someone the biological father sent?

imo

This does lend credibility to the abduction later happening at the house, but with the description given, it still seems to me this woman was acting on behalf of somebody else. I'm still confused as to why though. MOO

I hope they send the surveillance tape to the FBI to see if they can greatly enlarge the license plate on this vehicle.

imo

I hope they send the surveillance tape to the FBI to see if they can greatly enlarge the license plate on this vehicle.

imo
I agree. It seems this baby in particular was being targeted, but ~ why? :waitasec:

Missing Newborn: Why So Long To Inform The Public?

Time is of the essence when tragedy strikes and no one understands that more than a South Nashville mother.

Maria Gurrolla's newborn baby was stolen right from their home Tuesday when a woman, whom Gurrolla says pretended to be an INS agent came to her front door, stabbed her and stole Yair Anthony Carillo.

So why did it take almost three hours for authorities to alert the public that there was a baby in danger?

Metro Police spokesman Don Aaron said, “The first 911 call came in around 2:40 in the afternoon.”

More than two and a half hours later, an Amber Alert was issued. Metro Police say they faced several obstacles while working the case.

More: http://www.wsmv.com/news/21166863/detail.html

Two and 1/2 hours IS a long time...but that's actually pretty quick for an AMBER Alert. Unfortunately.

For those with questions about the father, this link says that the father was at the home after the abduction, later Tuesday night.

It also says that she did have some threatening injuries, including a collapsed lung and deep stab wounds to the neck.

No one, including family, has been ruled out. But nothing indicates it is anything other than a stranger abduction.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gkK5oh8WPdl_GJTDNDG4DRWvrmlQD9B1UJI00

For those who are interested or follow the astros, I have put in a request for a chart to be done for Yair.

Newborn snatched from Tennessee home missing

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Eric Peterson heard a bang on his door in his quiet Nashville neighborhood and opened it to a woman covered in blood.

She pleaded with him to go rescue her children. She said she had left them at her house a few doors down to get help after a woman stabbed her with a kitchen knife. By the time Peterson got to the home, the baby was gone.
Authorities are searching for the baby boy and the woman his mother says was posing as an immigration agent and snatched him from her home.
Maria Gurrolla told reporters she had never seen the woman before she showed up at her door Tuesday evening. She said the woman got a knife from the home and stabbed her several times.
"I need my baby back," the 30-year-old mother said Wednesday through an interpreter outside Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
Gurrolla said she did not see the woman take the baby because she ran to Peterson's home. Peterson told The Associated Press she was "covered from her head to her toe with blood" with gashes on her neck and upper chest.

More at link. http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20090930/US.Tenn.Newborn.Snatched/

For those with questions about the father, this link says that the father was at the home after the abduction, later Tuesday night.

It also says that she did have some threatening injuries, including a collapsed lung and deep stab wounds to the neck.

No one, including family, has been ruled out. But nothing indicates it is anything other than a stranger abduction.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gkK5oh8WPdl_GJTDNDG4DRWvrmlQD9B1UJI00

For those who are interested or follow the astros, I have put in a request for a chart to be done for Yair.

I sure hope and pray they find this little boy alive and unharmed.

imo

Thanks for posting in the Missing forum, too! There is a longer thread in the Crimes in the News section, if anyone wants to check it out.

Praying that this baby comes home safe!

It doesn't make sense the woman would run to the neighbor's for help and leave her baby and 3year old daughter in the house with the white woman posing as an INS agent. Why leave the children open to potential harm? Most women would either scream from the house or use a phone there to call 911, not leave the children behind in the house to go to the neighbor's for help.
Something doesn't add up in this story..
I wish they would elaborate on what they meant by the birth being "complicated"; was the baby born with a disability due to the complication? As the mother seems to be alright after the birth.
Also the woman grabbing a knife while inside the house is odd. It's almost like she didn't come to the house with her own knife, she found one there. IF there even was a woman who came to the house and kidnapped the baby... this story has too many questions left unanswered..

Maybe the mother has PPSD and was tired and depressed and did the unthinkable (to most of us here anyway). The information we've been given so far sounds a bit hinky. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back