GUILTY TN - Yair Carillo, 4 days old, abducted, mom stabbed, Antioch, 29 Sept 2009

Cops analyze evidence from Tenn. newborn abduction

Nashville investigators are collecting evidence at the home of a newborn snatched after his mother says she was attacked by a woman posing as an immigration agent.

Police spokesman Don Aaron says new leads are coming in every hour in the abduction of Yair Anthony Carillo, who will be a week old on Friday and has been missing since Tuesday.

A crime scene analyst has been to the home looking for evidence that could lead to the suspect.

More: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gkK5oh8WPdl_GJTDNDG4DRWvrmlQD9B2HLDO0

Search Continues for Kidnapped Baby

It is law enforcements top priority, but there's still no sign of a kidnapped baby boy.

"It's vitally important that we know of a child that inexplicably has come into someone's custody or possession," says Don Aaron, with the Metro Police Department.

Investigators say new leads are coming in every hour, in search for six-day old Yair Carillo.

More: http://www.wztv.com/newsroom/top_stories/wztv_vid_1553.shtml

BBM. So did mom give birth at home and docs checked to verify she had recently given birth?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gkK5oh8WPdl_GJTDNDG4DRWvrmlQD9B2HLDO0

(snip)
In Gurrolla's case, Dr. William Dutton said she had a penetrating chest wound and her lung had collapsed. He said she also had deep stab wounds to her neck, but was in stable condition. She still has physical signs of having given birth recently, and Dutton described the birth as complicated but declined to elaborate.

Let me preface this by saying I don't want to seem judgmental in what appears to be a mother's worst nightmare.

If this family was targeted, then the kidnapper didn't plan it out very well and is either:

- a crazy woman wanting a baby who will surely be caught very quickly OR

- someone who is a minion in human trade & got paid to grab a baby (still not planned very well & still will likely get caught but with less chance of recovery of the baby). IMO

The thing that strikes me though, and what I'm hesitant to type, is that the mother ran from the house with her infant & toddler inside. My first thought is that wouldn't the maternal instinct keep a mother with her children or attempting to take them with her? (even if she didn't think they were in danger?)

My second thought: It's possible she didn't have a phone & thought she had to run to the neighbour b/c she needed medical and wouldn't be able to protect her kids anyway in that condition ... just exploring possibilities BUT

this is another scenario I have:

- what if the woman is a jealous g/f of the husband who lost her mind when she found out he not only was not going to leave his wife for her but that his wife just gave birth?

- what if the mother was targeted in a very personal way & perhaps she doesn't know who the attacker is but the husband might?

I don't know - just throwing things out there ...

MOO

I hope I'm wrong, but after watching her my hinky meter has gone off, not only did someone steal her baby, but just the fact of being attacked by someone with a knife, Imo I would expect much more emotion coming from her. I wonder if she has been medicated? VB
I would think she has been pain meds for the collapsed lung and maybe even xanax for nerves.

my wife just asked me where the father is and it dawned on me that i have heard no mention of the father. I have looked through the posted links and cant find anything mentioned. I am probably just missing it, but has anyone else know what the fathers situation is? Seem to me that the police are gonna want to talk to him right?? Could be the dads girlfriend or something.
Just strange that there is no mention.
This is a link that was on this is thread already where he is mentioned. This happened after he left for a job interveiw.http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090930/NEWS03/90929084/1009/NEWS02/UPDATE++Police+believe+woman+not+involved+in+kidnapping++search+for+baby+continues

Let me preface this by saying I don't want to seem judgmental in what appears to be a mother's worst nightmare.

If this family was targeted, then the kidnapper didn't plan it out very well and is either:

- someone who is a minion in human trade & got paid to grab a baby (still not planned very well & still will likely get caught but with less chance of recovery of the baby). IMO

The thing that strikes me though, and what I'm hesitant to type, is that the mother ran from the house with her infant & toddler inside. My first thought is that wouldn't the maternal instinct keep a mother with her children or attempting to take them with her? (even if she didn't think they were in danger?)

My second thought: It's possible she didn't have a phone & thought she had to run to the neighbour b/c she needed medical and wouldn't be able to protect her kids anyway in that condition ... just exploring possibilities BUT

- what if the woman is a jealous g/f of the husband who lost her mind when she found out he not only was not going to leave his wife for her but that his wife just gave birth?

- what if the mother was targeted in a very personal way & perhaps she doesn't know who the attacker is but the husband might?

MOO

They had a phone the father reported weird phone calls starting 2 days before the kidnapping page 2 of the article in the link posted above in this post mentions the father ,the phone calls and how long they had been together,Altho I do not remember if they are married. I agree with you this was not well planned out . I think the woman assumed she would hand the baby over to INS and didnt expect her to fight. I wonder if this woman got their phone number from a job application the father has filled out in while with the babys mother and this woman saw them there. It would of have his address and phone number and if a connection it is even possiable that show would ok know about a job interveiw.

BBM. So did mom give birth at home and docs checked to verify she had recently given birth?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gkK5oh8WPdl_GJTDNDG4DRWvrmlQD9B2HLDO0

(snip)
In Gurrolla's case, Dr. William Dutton said she had a penetrating chest wound and her lung had collapsed. He said she also had deep stab wounds to her neck, but was in stable condition. She still has physical signs of having given birth recently, and Dutton described the birth as complicated but declined to elaborate.

The link you posted has a pic of mom and baby...the baby has a hospital ID band on his wrist.

The link you posted has a pic of mom and baby...the baby has a hospital ID band on his wrist.

I was so concentrated on the article I didn't even notice mom's pics. And I never paid attention to the bracelets on the baby. I wonder why the doc made the comment he did?

Police Not Sure If Kidnapped Baby In Tenn.

Mom Discharged From Vanderbilt

Metro police said Thursday they're not sure if a now-6-day-old boy taken from his mother Tuesday after she was stabbed is still in Tennessee.

Police spokesman Don Aaron said that there are several promising leads in the case. The task force searched the family's house again Thursday.

Police met with Tennessee Bureau of Investigation agents Thursday afternoon to discuss the case. Out-of-town FBI agents who specialize in child-abduction cases are in Nashville.

More: http://www.wsmv.com/news/21171762/detail.html

Does anyone remember a few years back, in Florida, a baby was kidnapped from a mother on the street? I don't remember if they ever found that child, but I think the speculation at that time was that the parents owed a "coyote" money for getting them in the country and they stole the baby to sell as repayment. Anyone remember?

I was so concentrated on the article I didn't even notice mom's pics. And I never paid attention to the bracelets on the baby. I wonder why the doc made the comment he did?

I wonder too... psych issues maybe? She sure did seem to have an odd and flat affect in the video.

Sketch Released

A sketch was released late Friday morning of a person of interest in the case of a newborn taken from his mother.

Yair Anthony Carillo, who turned 1 week old Friday, was abducted Tuesday. His mother, 30-year-old Maria Gurrolla, said a heavyset white woman with blond hair came to her home posing as an immigration agent, attacked her with a knife, then took the boy.

Helm said Gurrolla told police the woman spoke some Spanish but was likely a native English speaker.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said Friday that they will post the sketch and information about the case on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.

Since the Amber Alert was issued Tuesday evening, the TBI has received numerous leads. The amount coming in has slowed down a bit, said TBI spokeswoman Kristin Helm.

"We have every reason to think that this is a stranger abduction," Helm said.

Photo of sketch at link:http://www.wsmv.com/news/21181964/detail.html

Also at the link, there's a video of the TBI news conference from this morning.

I don't even know what to think about this one. That car following them in the parking lot is really, really suspicious. Also, could the attacker have gotten the small knife out of her pocket? It doesn't seem likely that there would be a knife just lying around to "find" with a 3 year old walking around. I'm sure when you're being stabbed, it's hard to think clearly which could also be the reason she ran from the house, leaving her babies behind.

I wonder if the attacker (or the mother for that matter) got the idea from the Sandra Cruz-Francisco case?

Does anyone remember a few years back, in Florida, a baby was kidnapped from a mother on the street? I don't remember if they ever found that child, but I think the speculation at that time was that the parents owed a "coyote" money for getting them in the country and they stole the baby to sell as repayment. Anyone remember?

That was Bryan dos Santos-Gomes. Unfortunately, he still hasn't been found :(

http://fortmyers.floridaweekly.com/news/2007/0802/top_news/003.html

MOO

That's what i don't get; why did she leave her children to run to the neighbor's for help? That's not showing maternal instinct especially if she was stabbed, she knew the children would be in harm's way..

Also, are they sure that Kia is from out of state? What if someone just stuck out of state tags on it to make it look that way? That's an easy thing to do and it would throw off where they were searching.

According to the video, the Kia stalked them from the parking lot and according to the father they were getting phone calls 2 days prior to the event.

Sounds like they were being stalked. Is LE working to check their phone records to see if they can trace the threatening phone calls that came in? That would be a first step..

Is there any other witnesses who saw the white lady aside from the mother?
I know they have a Kia on tape, what about the white lady though?
Anyone could have been behind the wheel in a Kia, and anybody could have put whatever state's license plates on it.

Is there any other witnesses who saw the white lady aside from the mother?
I know they have a Kia on tape, what about the white lady though?
Anyone could have been behind the wheel in a Kia, and anybody could have put whatever state's license plates on it.

From what I understand, the woman/person driving the Kia didn't get out of the car. The person followed the mother into the parking lot, parked near her, then waited in their car until the mother returned from inside Walmart then followed her car out of the parking lot. That's why no body saw the driver (other than from the grainy surveillance photos of the Kia which show the drivers outline) anywhere.

I'm in a rush and can't find the link, but I read in a news article that the kidnapper had been found, but not the baby. <sigh>

Hoppy

They had a phone the father reported weird phone calls starting 2 days before the kidnapping page 2 of the article in the link posted above in this post mentions the father ,the phone calls and how long they had been together,Altho I do not remember if they are married. I agree with you this was not well planned out . I think the woman assumed she would hand the baby over to INS and didnt expect her to fight. I wonder if this woman got their phone number from a job application the father has filled out in while with the babys mother and this woman saw them there. It would of have his address and phone number and if a connection it is even possiable that show would ok know about a job interveiw.

Maybe he mentioned to someone how much he really needed a job because his wife had just had a baby...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back