Toddler's Mother/Peaches/Jane Doe #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, help me out here. I clearly recall the post mortem interval for Baby Doe being approximately 1 year. Is my memory faulty on this? If I am remembering correctly, how on earth could this child's mother be Peaches (and please, don't suggest someone kept Baby Doe in a freezer for 14 years) ?

Read it as "at least" a year. I think the Namus guy spoke to that on WS radio this past tuesday as in I think somebody specifically asked him about that. Or I read it here. Or both.

151UFNY.jpg
151UFNY_tub.jpg
151UFNY_pillow%20case.jpg
151UFNY_towel.jpg

l to r: 2 inch peach/heart tattoo on left breast; Rubbermaid container held torso of black female; floral pillowcase and red towel also found inside container

Hempstead Lake State Pk, Lakeview
Nassau County, NY

28 June 1997

West side of Lakeside Drive, 200 yards north of Peninsula Boulevard, Hempstead Lake State Park. -- Black female torso. Arms, head, and legs below the knee severed, found in green Rubbermaid container, with red towel and floral pillow sham, 16-30 years old.

She had an abdominal scar from a cesarean section and a tattoo of a peach in the shape of a heart with a bite taken out of it and two drips falling from its core on her left breast.

Dead up to three days.

"With no leads to the woman’s identity, the police published a picture of the approximately two-inch wide tattoo in a national tattoo magazine, in the hopes of finding the artist who did the work. They received a call from a man in Connecticut who claimed he remembered giving the tattoo to a woman.

The artist said he remembered the customer as a young black woman, about 18 or 19 years old, who was accompanied by two women, an aunt and a cousin. During the session, he also claimed she told him she was from either the Bronx or Long Island and that she was in Connecticut because having trouble with her boyfriend at the time. It is possible the woman had other tattoos on her arms or lower legs that the killer did not want found." (Doe Network)
“'They call her Peaches,'” Nassau County Medical Examiner Eric Smith says of his law enforcement colleagues, as he thumbs through photographs of unidentified bodies in the back room of the county morgue—some battered, swollen faces, others clay reproductions with glass eyes.

Her official name is U-037859772."

"A scar on the woman’s lower abdomen showed she had given birth by Cesarean."

"An autopsy revealed she had been dead no more than three days when she was found." (LI Press)

Doe Network 151UFNY

Shadowraith's Map

The tattoo artist said She had been visiting from the Bronx, but told him that she was from Bristol. He told the police this.
his story at: http://m.centralctcommunications.co...888-38a0-11e5-b906-3393be745a91.html?mode=jqm

IMO... Its leaf veins "Take a bite out of this sweet peach" .. She may have some type of relation to Georgia as in "Georgia Peach" find that unlikely but could be possible. Do believe the tattoo is meant to be of a term a sassy lady would say being cute.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had originally thought this too, then decided it must have been in reference to her surname, because she was actually from Bristol. http://m.centralctcommunications.co...888-38a0-11e5-b906-3393be745a91.html?mode=jqm

Gave it another try and sharpened up the leaf without adding any more noise. I worked with PS CC15 and Topaz:

Steps

Layer
High pass filter, radius 3 pixels
Topaz Denoise in Topaz labs, higher value smooth
Smart sharpen in PS
Settings amount high, radius3, noise low 5
Linear blending mode into linear light opacity 55
Flatten

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice work clearing up this image. Do we know the approximate dimensions of the tattoo?

Baby Doe would have been born sometime between 93-96. Even though the record says "Estimated postmortem interval 1 Years." That means "dead for no less than one year." I spoke to Todd Matthews of NaMus yesterday to get clarity on this because I was confused too. So that statement is more of a umbrella to say we know she's been dead for at least a year but could be much longer. Hope that helps.

I believe that Peaches IS the mother of Baby Doe.
Rachel

Bump.

Hi Evey. According to the Esoteric Codex-Unknown Serial Killers by Royce Leighton , the baby is a girl and the daughter of Jane Doe number 3. (Pg 71 I think) I do not know if anything in the book has been proved or disproved. You can read it online.

If it is then it's a horrible job covering it up. And usually for a cover up dark colors are used to mask the previous tattoo. So let's say she came in and said she wanted that covered she would have him design something that would have heavy dark colors there to hide the old one.

I don't believe it's that bad of a cover up job. Without the tattoo image being enlarged, you would not even notice the lettering there.

Not much of a revelation, I guess, but I have never heard of a hotel using red towels or floral sheets. You can't bleach them. That leads me to believe these came from someone's home.

JMO

But there are clearly initials...I think it may have been a cover up tattoo. Probably TBR initials of an ex.

The pillowcase screams 1980s country decor. Dusty blue and mauve? Late 1980s. Makes me think discount store knockoffs of laura ashley. I can't tell if it is faded (cotton) or just stained (poly). The lower right corner is dark.

My husband would only have something similar if his mom gave it to him, I bought it, or acquired it for free. Eta: Or... was living with his mother.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/974dfoh.html

I found this missing persons report who had a tattoo on her upper left breast. When I looked up what race peaches would be, I found african-american. I observed the photo and thought she was mixed race and the tattoo could be a cover up of another tattoo. I see where letters could be and that makes me think it was an ameteur tattoo that was covered. Hamilton, Ohio where this young woman was last known to be is a 12 hour drive to Suffolk County and a straight shot on the highway. She was apparently a drug user and it is thought that she relapsed and when she called her parents to pick her up they lived outside of Ohio. This information is not known, I'd have to do more research, as well as if she had any children or was caring for a relatives child.
I also have to wonder if Peaches is from Georgia and she relocated to New Jersey or another state closer to the area where her remains were found.

I 100% believe its a coverup tat , a heart with initials by it , my daughter did the same w/ roses , my 2 cents :)

Peaches may be the nick name of a Patricia. It is a more modern name as opposed to using the old fashion name of Patricia or Patty.
I have know Patricia's over the years that have the nickname of Peaches or Patches.

I am not a tattoo girl. However I do not know anyone that would have the tattoo artists put thier initials on thier Tattoos. I believe a really talented tattoo artist would know how to encrypt his initials into a tatoo without anyone knowing. I also think people are reading into the leaf when they are purely tattoo dark strokes that may look like letters but really aren't. If the customer requested initials they would want it clear and visible not slopped up in a leaf. (people also got away from that as well with tattoos.)

This has probably been brought up before, but I wonder if anyone ever asked Lowrita Rickenbacker if she could identify any of these women. She was a prostitute and drug-addict who carried on a sexual relationship with James Burke in the 90s. She could have known these women.

Lowrita Rickenbacker is still in Long Island and on Facebook. She was a local prostitute at the time I wonder if she has been questioned by the FBI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125