Tommy has no recollection of Joe dumping Haleigh's body

..."So my question would be, what's the chance of Ron having a federally registered, approved and tax paid automatic weapon?..."

None Papa....but what about the ex-military gun collector neighbor who showed rc his extensive Gun Gallery?

..."So my question would be, what's the chance of Ron having a federally registered, approved and tax paid automatic weapon?..."

None Papa....but what about the ex-military gun collector neighbor who showed rc his extensive Gun Gallery?

Hi Whisp, it's me Peli waving.. :)

I'd be fairly certain former Military are aware of the regulations. I see another question raised which seems to be how did Ron come across this automatic weapon, whatever it is?

Hi butterfly, the time first reported in some newscast was the yelling was heard coming from the direction of 202 Green Ln at 2:27am. Doubt I can find a link but I do remember the time because it was so precise.

you are correct on the time .. I remember that

Hi Whisp, it's me Peli waving.. :)

I'd be fairly certain former Military are aware of the regulations. I see another question raised which seems to be how did Ron come across this automatic weapon, whatever it is?

probably like he did all his other twenty something guns

IMO, LE knows that JO had nothing to do with Haleigh's death, otherwise he would be locked up right now for her murder. I bet if you took Misty's and ToC's stories and inserted "Ron" everywhere they say "JO" we might have a better idea of what really happened that night.[/quote]

[bbm]

ITA & that's a great idea!

who's up for the task? anyone? :D

Werter needs to hurry up and find this gun he keeps talking about before it grows into an anti aircraft cannon. On May 14, 2010, on NG, Werter indicated it was a hunting gun:

Now his investigator, Steve Brown, says it's a full blown WWII, "Mow down the Nazi's", fully automatic machine gun!

Well, Papa, I for one can buy the idea that Ron owned a machine gun. And, here's why. I think Ron was fascinated with the Godfather series of movies. He uses the phrase "Keep your enemy closer," which is a line from the first Godfather movie.
I imagine Ron saw himself as the Godfather of the Satsuma area. He pictured himself as a tough guy with the charm and cunning of a gangster. Of course he woud drool over owning a machine gun, the treasured choice of the gangsters of the 1920 and 30s. And, somehow he owned one, which of course was not registered with the Feds, as the law requires. That's why he kept it a secret, but still loved showing it off. That gun set him apart and fit the image he had of himself.

I know that may sound like something out a move plot itself, but hey wild ideas seem to be where we have ended up with this case. And, didn't you produce a video with Ron as the Godfather?

jmci (just my crazy idea)

Well, Papa, I for one can buy the idea that Ron owned a machine gun. And, here's why. I think Ron was fascinated with the Godfather series of movies. He uses the phrase "Keep your enemy closer," which is a line from the first Godfather movie.
I imagine Ron saw himself as the Godfather of the Satsuma area. He pictured himself as a tough guy with the charm and cunning of a gangster. Of course he woud drool over owning a machine gun, the treasured choice of the gangsters of the 1920 and 30s. And, somehow he owned one, which of course was not registered with the Feds, as the law requires. That's why he kept it a secret, but still loved showing it off. That gun set him apart and fit the image he had of himself.

I know that may sound like something out a move plot itself, but hey wild ideas seem to be where we have ended up with this case. And, didn't you produce a video with Ron as the Godfather?

Not so crazy at all AZ... The National Firearms Act.

Purpose

The purpose of the NFA was to regulate what were considered "gangster weapons" such as machine guns and hand grenades. Then U.S. Attorney General Homer S. Cummings recognized that firearms could not be banned outright under the Second Amendment, so he proposed restrictive regulation in the form of an expensive tax and Federal registration. Originally, pistols and revolvers were to be regulated as strictly as machine guns; towards that end, cutting down a rifle or shotgun to circumvent the handgun restrictions by making a concealable weapon was taxed as strictly as a machine gun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Firearms_Act#Registration.2C_purchases.2C_taxes_and_transfers

Not so crazy, AZW. Well...not by me, anyway, FWIW. i posted on this subject some months back when there was a discussion here about Ron and his grandfather, and how according to GGS they used to watch old movies together. I don't remember the specifics right now, but I speculated that Ron associated romantic ideas about gangsters wth childhood memories of times spent with his grandfather. In fact, now that I think about it, there was quite a bit of discussion regarding quotes from Ron that paralleled to dialogue fromGodfather movies.

IIRC, ron's former neighbor was the gun collector and rc was very fond of him. Didn't this particular neighbor tell us the rc was going to bring the gun to his house after the tim m. incident. Wasn't the the same type of gun Tim M described, the one that ron kelt down and put in his mouth and threatened to kill himself and take others with him??
:yes::bow::yes::bow: :yes:
And wasn't this same neighbor the one who bent over backwards defending Ron and Misty??? :lipssealed: Okay, it's safe to cap me off now. Seventeen months of pressure building up around that idea has been relieved.

IMO, LE knows that JO had nothing to do with Haleigh's death, otherwise he would be locked up right now for her murder. I bet if you took Misty's and ToC's stories and inserted "Ron" everywhere they say "JO" we might have a better idea of what really happened that night.[/quote]

[bbm]

ITA & that's a great idea!

who's up for the task? anyone? :D
I have a suspicion, (but in my defense, I suspect everybody), that there is some truth to Tommy's story, but he needs to insert his own name in place of Joe's. & I think it's possible that he & Misty somehow worked the story together, & she's been lieing for him. I doubt she knows everything, & that's why LE was coming down on Tommy. because their stories weren't meshing. I can suspect Ron, til the cows come home, but there's no explanation for Tommy to accuse Joe & protect Ron. I see Tommy protecting himself. I would guess that Joe was involved, but Tommy hasn't been honest about who did what. I'm thinking that maybe Joe came clean on the gun story, Ron knows it, & that's what is holding up his deal. If Ron gets that sweet deal, & isn't made to give MAJOR information, I'm gonna be irate. I surely hope, as Shoemaker hinted, that this isn't a reward for isolating & then divorcing Misty.

(sigh) The things I wanna say, the things I can't. This isn't over, and even though I'm weary, I never forget about HaLeigh. Poor HaLeigh. :(

ETA: Well... if KSH is there stating it then... lol

IMO, we've always known Haleigh's death is either a gun story or a drug story that these cowards covered up.

BTW, nice that your neighbors will take your guns in a pinch...especially when you have kids in the house and LE breathing down your neck and such.

If you guys are going to discuss another WS member's information that was posted, please link to those posts. And please don't discuss any more than what the other member has stated. Thanks!

Like virtually every word of the "Joe done it" story, this "gunpoint force" makes very little sense. Why would JO force Tommy or anyone else to go to the river with him?

(A) He knew how to get there apparently. Seems like everyone who knew him in Putnam County is now saying they were at the dock fishing with Ronald, Joe, and hordes of alligators!

(B) As this convoluted story goes, surely if this JO could lug a 30 lb cinderblock up the ramp to prop open Misty and Ronald's back screen door, he could handle a 40 lb burden at the dock!

Another thing I'm not real clear about, according to the PI who "solved the case", Mr. Steve Brown, Ronald Cummings was in possession of a full bore WWII fully automatic machine gun! Misty knew all about it, Tommy knew all about it, but yet all three of these individuals said they were afraid of Joe Overstreet! How the hell is that possible?

Give me one of those and rest assured Custer would still be standing at Little Bighorn, and I could have taken care of Santa Anta's army at the Alamo WITHOUT Davey Crockett and Jim Bowie!

But these three ALL have said they're afraid of a 125 lb, 19 year old kid. And I'm supposed to believe this fairy tale?

Papa, I have trouble picturing Joe "putting Misty up with a knife" in one hand, pointing a gun of any size and/or knife at Tommy with the other hand, dragging cinderblocks and rope with another hand, while toting the child in his fourth hand, with absolutely no assistance from the frightened Croslins. Yes, tiny Joe somehow has four hands attached to his small frame. How else could he manage so many feats? Depending which version we believe, Joe would have no less than three very skeery hands. With a gun that grows like Pinocchio's nose with each telling, young Joe must be one powerful dude. He could hold off Misty, force Tommy to go to the river, plus he carried a gun/knife, child, blocks, rope. Arnold Schwarzenegger should be that strong!

Yes, somebody told the Joe "went wild" story several times. Haleigh was either killed by Joe after he went wild, or he found her dead in the bedroom and went ballistic, depending on which version was being told. :innocent:

IIRC, ron's former neighbor was the gun collector and rc was very fond of him. Didn't this particular neighbor tell us the rc was going to bring the gun to his house after the tim m. incident. Wasn't the the same type of gun Tim M described, the one that ron kelt down and put in his mouth and threatened to kill himself and take others with him??

If you guys are going to discuss another WS member's information that was posted, please link to those posts. And please don't discuss any more than what the other member has stated. Thanks!

Kimster, since you asked, here’s a few of the member in question’s posts, some of which discuss machine guns:

“it is illegal to own a machine gun by ordinary citizens”

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4281536&postcount=1132

“From a folding stock semi-auto hunting type weapon to a Military fullautomatic machinegun escapes me”

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4289958&postcount=26

“There are military weapons which have full machingegun capabality ,pull the trigger and it shoots until you rum ou or 'unpull'”

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4281443&postcount=1102

“I do believe that he had a long gun for hunting”

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3423440&postcount=681

“Guns don't kill people.. People kill people.”

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4281470&postcount=1112

He doesn't seem to be aware of the PI who "solved the case", Steve Brown's new information that Ronald owned a WWII fully automatic machine gun.

Some of my posts about this machine gun have probably came across as somewhat sarcastic, which is EXACTLY as they were intended, primarily due to the quoted source being Mr. Steve Brown.

I believe that the only case Steve Brown solved was how to get on television.

I don't for a minute believe that Ronald Cummings owned or possessed a fully automatic WWII machine gun. A gun of that nature would cost THOUSANDS. Just the transfer tax alone is $200.00!

When your application to Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms is submitted there is a $200 transfer tax per item to be paid for machine guns, short bbl shotguns, short bbl rifles and silencers and a $5.00 transfer tax for AOW.

http://www.autoweapons.com/pagelinks/buyandsell.html

Sounds like cousin Joe has a couple of real sticky hands. I think that Tommy is easily led. When Joe came by because he wanted to take Ron's gun...he just tells Tommy to come on we're going to get Ron's gun and Tommy just follows like a dumb sheep. I'll bet that is how he has always been. Just take him by the hand or just say "come on Tommy" and he follows right along. I wonder if it was Joe who hurt Haleigh? He isn't being looked at that we know of. I just don't think that LE is ever going to find out who did it.

IMHO..LE knows who did it and no, I do not believe it was Jo O who hurt Haleigh.. Don't believe Tommy or Misty did either...My money is on Ron C being the culpret..JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back