Tony Lazzaro's testimony

I noticed a lack of real concern and search involvement among most of the young adults that were friends with ICA, right from the start (day 31). There wasnt a real intense involvement in the searches, nor were most putting up posters, etc.(I remember even sawgrass apts didn't have posters up and i thought that unusual considering.).I'm sure a couple did get involved, but most just seemed to be shocked, annoyed at the intrusion, and then went on their way without assisting in the searches. Compared to the teens and young adults in other cases, i was expecting more from these kids, but never saw it.

Maybe that's because they believed she was dead from start after hearing about the car trunk smell from the media. I bet they all thought it was a lost cause.

Trying to figure what AL is so upset about. The fact that he was put in this situation? An inconvenience for him? Or just what Casey is accused of doing?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think the first 2 that you've mentioned.

but...
I've softened a bit about Tony. I think that as time when on and he got familiar with the workings of the court, he relaxed a bit and was less "LongIslandy". I was born at the Good Samaritian Hospital on LI, and lived in West Islip (Happauge) for a bit. There is a certain LI attitude for sure.
Somewhat like a Bronx additude also, with all due respect. I don't mean anything negative about demographic manners; it's just an observation.

He did admit he felt lied to and betrayed by the defendant, and I think he has every right to feel that way. He was lied to and betrayed by the defendant, IMO.

What I question is the reason why ie: sweetheart Caylee, he felt that way. I hope that makes sense. Even though part of the messaging back and forth with the defendant Tony does ask about Caylee, I still question if he had any fondness for Caylee. I wondered if contacting LE had to do more with "payback" for feeling betrayed and lied to all the while.

I have no idea why I'm being so hard on Tony. He does remind me of a guy I had a relationship with when I was younger. Maybe that's the reason?

At this point in my life it's unusual for me to take someone's inventory. I try and keep the focus on my own conduct and behavior.

What's important is that the jury focus on the content of his testimony.
The only thing I care about is justice for Caylee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think the first 2 that you've mentioned.

but...
I've softened a bit about Tony. I think that as time when on and he got familiar with the workings of the court, he relaxed a bit and was less "LongIslandy". I was born at the Good Samaritian Hospital on LI, and lived in West Islip (Happauge) for a bit. There is a certain LI attitude for sure.
Somewhat like a Bronx additude also, with all due respect. I don't mean anything negative about demographic manners; it's just an observation.

He did admit he felt lied to and betrayed by the defendant, and I think he has every right to feel that way. He was lied to and betrayed by the defendant, IMO.

What I question is the reason why ie: sweetheart Caylee, he felt that way. I hope that makes sense. Even though part of the messaging back and forth with the defendant Tony does ask about Caylee, I still question if he had any fondness for Caylee. I wondered if contacting LE had to do more with "payback" for feeling betrayed and lied to all the while.

I have no idea why I'm being so hard on Tony. He does remind me of a guy I had a relationship with when I was younger. Maybe that's the reason?

At this point in my life it's unusual for me to take someone's inventory. I try and keep the focus on my own conduct and behavior.

What's important is that the jury focus on the content of his testimony.
The only thing I care about is justice for Caylee.

I hear what you're saying, Wysteria. It doesn't surprise me TL didn't have this overwhelming bond with Caylee that would shine through during his testimony. He was a young guy who happened to hook up with a single mother. I respect that he didn't intrude on Caylee's life if he had no intention of being involved in it for the long run.

I don't expect a young man who saw this child a handful of times to cry on the stand for her. He didn't have that kind emotional connection to Caylee. What's that saying? Men become fathers when their children are born? He had no biological connection to Caylee. I'm sure he's sad she's been lost.. but I won't hold it against him for not being more emotional about her death. I don't blame him for wanting to get out of dodge.

He is just a kid...

He was getting laid...he was having fun...he was falling for Casey...

she was cheating, lying, using, stealing,

I think his attitude on the stand is aimed at Casey, that's why he comes off flip.

would you want to be there...? what a drag...what a horrible situation for him.

he's doing the best he can...the whole thing is devastating...and I get that from him...I get his deep disgust...and he for sure wants Casey to feel that.

I hear what you're saying, Wysteria. It doesn't surprise me TL didn't have this overwhelming bond with Caylee that would shine through during his testimony. He was a young guy who happened to hook up with a single mother. I respect that he didn't intrude on Caylee's life if he had no intention of being involved in it for the long run.

I don't expect a young man who saw this child a handful of times to cry on the stand for her. He didn't have that kind emotional connection to Caylee. What's that saying? Men become fathers when their children are born? He had no biological connection to Caylee. I'm sure he's sad she's been lost.. but I won't hold it against him for not being more emotional about her death. I don't blame him for wanting to get out of dodge.

He had only seen Caylee a couple of times. He showed more concern for her than her own Mother did anyway....
I think if I'd been in an affair with a guy and then found out he'd been arrested for child neglect, lying to LE and obstructing their investigation I might be shocked to the core too and outraged with him too. I don't blame him being angry with her still. She brought all this c**p down on his head and he has to spend years living it down.

You stole my answer. :crazy:

But seriously, I do think some people are expecting a whole lot out of a young guy who had only been dating ICA for a month or two, and who barely knew Caylee. He seemed genuinely upset, to me. I'm sure there was also a boatload of shock thrown into the mix too.

I'm more than willing to cut the guy a break.

You stole my answer. :crazy:

But seriously, I do think some people are expecting a whole lot out of a young guy who had only been dating ICA for a month or two, and who barely knew Caylee. He seemed genuinely upset, to me. I'm sure there was also a boatload of shock thrown into the mix too.

I'm more than willing to cut the guy a break.

ITA! Also he showed more concern today for her well being than ICA showed in three years!:banghead:

Is Tony finished now or will he be called back yet again?

Tony's testimony has improved. He's less flip and more serious. He's been very respectful; I have no problem with his lack of emotion. I think he cooperated with police and was truly upset thinking Casey was his girlfriend and she didn' tell him her daughter was missing. And, I too don't blame him for wanting to distance himself from this madness. I like him better day 3. Day one was a bit sketchy.

When her defense asked Tony:

To take the trash to the dumpster....blah blah blah....
do you have to place it in your car to get it there?

answer yes....
I:crazy: say yes but who keeps other people's garbage in their trunk?

Tony's testimony has improved. He's less flip and more serious. He's been very respectful; I have no problem with his lack of emotion. I think he cooperated with police and was truly upset thinking Casey was his girlfriend and she didn' tell him her daughter was missing. And, I too don't blame him for wanting to distance himself from this madness. I like him better day 3. Day one was a bit sketchy.

I really would like to know this though?

After watching the two movies rented from BLOCKBUSTER.
" What did you and Casey discuss about the movies?"
Did you like the movies, and why?

(snipped for space)

Why in heaven's name is this young man getting kudos? For what? His cooperation? He didn't sell photo's? His life is ruined for ever and ever? The inconvenience of it all. He was dragged by the hair and forced to have a relationship with the defendant. Evidently, he was using some other part of his anatomy other than his brain, not unusual. I feel that he was smug and arrogant. He wants to get out of Dodge and forget about this whole mess?

This entire post explains why I feel the way I do about Tony and that is...

What about Caylee? What about Caylee? His entire testimony lacked any emotion regarding Caylee Marie Anthony.

EXACTLY! I thought he came across as a little cocky myself. Did you all see the clip of him swaggering and grinning coming out of the GJ? (I think that's when it was...) I do agree with your assessment of him, and I will add that he was a little too.... fake. JMO.

As sad as it may sound (I shoulda been out playin' on a Saturday night :rocker:), but instead, I was reviewing this weeks testimony and the early on interrogation tapes/911 calls. :waitasec:

As I was watching those tapes, I was reflecting on Tony's testimony yesterday. My first feeling was that he was REPULSED by ICA and that is the thing I felt the most by his response to the questions. Completely disgusted and repulsed by her. At one time, I thought he was going to cry- In fact, I started to tear up for him. I got the impression he could not wash the stench of ICA off of himself for the past 3 years and here he is, all this time later- life completely interrupted by a bad memory. I can imagine he will have a hard time erasing this from his memory bank.

After listening to the jail tape with Lee and Lee is running down a list of people ICA trusts and who he should trust, ICA has the nerve to say she is unsure of Tony- she thinks she can trust him, but not sure. :mad: At this point, she was still thinking maybe Tony had her back.

Even the call with Christina, when ICA calls home for the first time and is demanding Tony's phone number (cuz he's her booooooyfirend), she was so enamored with her own story telling, she actually thought Tony would stand by her.

He was REPULSED and to this day, still is. He would not acknowledge her in any way. I was very impressed with Tony. I wonder how I would have handled this kind of thing at that age. Probably not nearly as well as some of these young people have.

Anyway- I hope Tony can put this all behind him. I can't imagine how sickening is must be for him to think possibly Caylee was dead in ICA's trunk while he laid in bed with her all day. It must give him chills. :sick:

When her defense asked Tony:

To take the trash to the dumpster....blah blah blah....
do you have to place it in your car to get it there?

answer yes....
I:crazy: say yes but who keeps other people's garbage in their trunk?

Well, we never put other peoples trash in our car, but where we used to live my DH had an awful awful habit of putting our trash in the trunk. We had to take it to the dump (no trash pick up in the mountains). He'd get sidetracked, and there it would sit. After a couple of day I'd notice a smell and go OFGS he did it again. I'd quickly take it to the dump. Mind you, this trash often contained cat poo-poo.

It only took a day, maybe 2, to air out the car. I didn't need an entire bottle of Febreeze, or dryer sheets either.

This is what makes me convinced there was something more sinister in that car than a pizza box and other miscellaneous trash. They could have at least thrown in some cat poo!

MOO

Mel

I have been looking for anything about the texting that was not allowed in to which SA said was to show motive. Is there a separate thread regarding that? I'm wondering if the SA can still get it in.

I too felt Tony did very well .....I'm sure he was a bit nervous when he was first up but looked more relaxed after that. When asked how this affected him, he paused and answered "everything at once"....you could see it in his face. He was shocked, upset not to mentioned puzzled by ICA actions.

One thing that surprised me is that TL said he had told Casey he loved her...surely in response to her saying it, but still...this seems like a very whirlwind-type relationship, just a matter or a month or 6 weeks before July 15th? Most guys manage to avoid saying that or deflecting it, at least. He did really seem to care about her. I guess I thought he would be loathe to admit it.

I was impressed that once everything fell apart and during the texting session, his only question to her "how the F could you not know (where your daughter is) no matter what drivel she was spouting...

In his 5/28/11 testimony, when Tony was read some of the text messages he and Casey exchanged after he found out Caylee was missing, I was a little surprised at the content. He was in a 3 week fast-forward relationship with a party girl with a kid. I wouldn't expect him to be very bonded with Caylee in that time. So, when he wrote to Casey, "why didn't you tell me... I was your boyfriend and I cared for you and your daughter..." it surprised me a bit.

Last week, he seemed kinda proud in his testimony that Caylee could count in Spanish (thanks to Dora the Explorer) and then his 5/28 testimony indicated he was more concerned about Caylee than Casey when he found out Casey was in trouble for Caylee being missing. It made me wonder if he expressed fondness for little Caylee as their relationship was moving forward. That probably wouldn't have been Casey's full motive, but just another straw on the camel's back. It made me think of what Casey told Jesse Grund and her seeming competitiveness with her own daughter. JMO...

In his 5/28/11 testimony, when Tony was read some of the text messages he and Casey exchanged after he found out Caylee was missing, I was a little surprised at the content. He was in a 3 week fast-forward relationship with a party girl with a kid. I wouldn't expect him to be very bonded with Caylee in that time. So, when he wrote to Casey, "why didn't you tell me... I was your boyfriend and I cared for you and your daughter..." it surprised me a bit.

Last week, he seemed kinda proud in his testimony that Caylee could count in Spanish (thanks to Dora the Explorer) and then his 5/28 testimony indicated he was more concerned about Caylee than Casey when he found out Casey was in trouble for Caylee being missing. It made me wonder if he expressed fondness for little Caylee as their relationship was moving forward. That probably wouldn't have been Casey's full motive, but just another straw on the camel's back. It made me think of what Casey told Jesse Grund and her seeming competitiveness with her own daughter. JMO...

I have seen many comments about TL just wanting this or that, ect. Sure young hormones at work, yadayada. Caylee, and all children, are always endearing and as a man you become endeared to a child regardless of intentions at times. I could go on and on about my experiences dating women but I am not on trial here. What is sad, is that she exposed them to the litany of men she dated. It happens, certainly, and weak men try to endear themselves to a woman (via the children) they are interested in that has children. Sometimes it is thrust upon you, nevertheless, it is not the child's fault for that endearment. Children are a wonderful thing. Innocent. Fun to be around. Men can still aim for certain things, but the children should be left out of the equation until all know there is a future. I think TL had Caylee thrust upon him. He didn't push ICA away for having a child, he just likely didn't want the attachment to interfere with common sense on dating ICA. If ICA was truly smart, she would have forced TL to have more of a bond with Caylee than she did regardless of his words. Hard to accept a child into your life when the bond between two adults doesn't work out and you lose two or more, not one. Just sayin... I like the guy. I think he is flummoxed on the whole situation. Men are not bad just because they have desires.

not understanding the TL paper?
The writing?
was it the paper that was on her front seat when the car was found?Or in the garbage bag?Lost I am on that and what it means to this case?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keziah16
Back