Toronto mayor admits crack use

There seem to be so many branches to this story, many suspicious avenues to pursue. I worry there is more to this story than just Ford's addiction problems.

Well so far there are insinuations of a close personal and professional relationship with a drug dealer, a missing woman, and a possible hacker for hire. I believe the raids on those buildings in Etobicoke back in the spring have also been linked to this. None of it proven of course. Well except for the fact that the video did exist and that he has now admitted to engaging in what is seen in the video...during a drunken stupor of course. :rolleyes:

And his brother calling for the resignation of the Police Chief is just absurd. Although RF did try to cover there by stating yesterday that his brother did not know about this incident.

I'm sure there are going to be a lot more revelations in the coming weeks.

MOO

An embarrassment

And apparently making headlines all over the world

First I have heard about Jaclyn Dawe

NatalieCTV Natalie Johnson 9m
Wrestler Iron Shiek arrives at the Mayor's office to challenge Rob Ford to an arm-wrestle

BYaaE5cCIAACje-.jpg

https://twitter.com/NatalieCTV/status/398175026165186560/photo/1/large

Things just got weirder.

He's probably not in the office. Doesn't spend much time there these days. :floorlaugh:

Torontonian here... sometimes there are just no words. :banghead:

What did bring me here was a search for a missing woman who might be tangentially connected to the crack scandal.

Jaclyn Dawe has been missing since February 2013. She went missing from an address that is listed as one of the places surveilled as part of the investigation into Ford's associate Alessandro Lisi.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...still_more_bombshells_in_police_document.html

Here's a link to the police new release originally published in relation to her disappearance. It appears her car was found abandoned.

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/pdfs/25667.pdf

Has anyone been following the case of this missing woman? Has anyone heard of it? I haven't and there doesn't seem to be too much info online.

I don't want this post to imply that Ford is connected to her disappearance. The larger case against Lisi seems to link to a multitude of criminal activities, independent of the Ford connection. I just thought it would be good to put her story out there.

More documentation is going to be released on Friday. Perhaps these will flesh out the connection between the house on 51 Benway and Jaclyn Dawe, if there is even one to begin with.

Can you start a thread on Jaclyn in the missing forum? Thank you for the info. I hadn't heard of this woman or that she is missing since Feb. xo

I've been avoiding this topic and this thread too. I love Toronto. This guy - the term "an abomination" seems to have been coined especially for him.

I want to give Jon Stewart credit. Yes, he lampooned Ford last night, but then he finished by saying he could go on further (which he could have), but that what was more important was that Ford get help.

I really am worried that this man, a fellow human being, is going to self-destruct. It's not about politics now, it's simply a sad sideshow.

Here's hoping that this man can get help, and stand back and recognize that he did accomplish much of what he set out to do. (This, from someone who has never been a fan.) When he said yesterday that this confession lifted 1000 pounds off his shoulders, I believe him. Hopefully he will lift the next 1000 pounds off too, by taking a break from politics.

I agree Mayor Ford's actions need to be scrutinized to ensure he is capable of running the City of Toronto, but I have to question Blair's actions as well. Arial and ground surveillance of the Mayor and no charges?

There are many unsolved crimes in Toronto - are they getting the same attention and use of resources as Mayor Ford did? This line from the Spec article made me chuckle - 'Lisi and an Etobicoke drycleaner are the only people charged in the case.'
It doesn't exactly make me forget the G20 mess and outright violation of citizens rights perpetrated by Blair - who then handed out awards to his subordinates who detained innocent people for no reason and tried to lay bogus charges.

Blair refused to trim his budget when ordered to do so by Mayor Ford last year. Ford eventually let the 10% or so increase Blair wanted (while everyone else had to make cuts) ride with the warning that no such thing will happen a second time. Can't wait to see how much Blair wants in the next budget - with a new mayor?

The City of Toronto has paid about two million dollars in recent years to settle police complaints and Toronto Police have dozens of officers on paid leave while they sort out their personal legal problems - lying in court, first degree murder to name a few.

Imo, if one is watching Ford - don't take your eyes off Blair either.

I want to give Jon Stewart credit. Yes, he lampooned Ford last night, but then he finished by saying he could go on further (which he could have), but that what was more important was that Ford get help.

I really am worried that this man, a fellow human being, is going to self-destruct. It's not about politics now, it's simply a sad sideshow.

Here's hoping that this man can get help, and stand back and recognize that he did accomplish much of what he set out to do. (This, from someone who has never been a fan.) When he said yesterday that this confession lifted 1000 pounds off his shoulders, I believe him. Hopefully he will lift the next 1000 pounds off too, by taking a break from politics.

I think he should be jailed.

What is the legal status of smoking crack in Canada?

Last week, before Rob Ford's admission that "Yes, I have smoked crack cocaine," defence lawyer Mike Lacy told CBC News that smoking crack is illegal under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act. The actual criminal offence would be possession.

Lacy explained that's because possession, "happens concurrently with the smoking of it, and when you are dealing with crack it is consumed quickly, but there is a period of time where there would be possession."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/crack-cocaine-9-things-to-know-1.2415886

@Woodland: Blair is legit. IMO. His actions prove that the police are not corrupt. The extortion charge on Lisi will likely lead back to Ford and possible other criminal things too. JMO

I think he should be jailed.

What is the legal status of smoking crack in Canada?

Last week, before Rob Ford's admission that "Yes, I have smoked crack cocaine," defence lawyer Mike Lacy told CBC News that smoking crack is illegal under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act. The actual criminal offence would be possession.

Lacy explained that's because possession, "happens concurrently with the smoking of it, and when you are dealing with crack it is consumed quickly, but there is a period of time where there would be possession."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/crack-cocaine-9-things-to-know-1.2415886

I'm not saying he shouldn't face consequences or that he didn't bring consequences on himself. He is not above the law....and actually should be supporting the law (which he hasn't been). I'm just saying that he is a sad human being and I don't want him to die. That's all.

I am as disgusted by his behaviour as anyone else. To deny/lie until it became impossible to deny isn't exactly heroism. It's knowing the gig is up. The gig should never have happened. This guy is sad. This guy needs help. This guy should face his consequences. That's all.

I did not mean to imply Blair is not legit - I question Blair's motive and agenda given the history between him and Mayor Ford.

In this recent article, a Senator and former Solicitor General states -

'But the chief’s comments, he said, must be addressed.

In Ontario’s Police Services Act, it states when it comes to engaging in “political rights,” a police officer while in uniform must not engage in “political activity that places, or is likely to place, the police officer in a position of conflict of interest.”

Blair should have known he would put himself in a conflict of interest and called in the OPP to investigate the Mayor's actions.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/11/04/blair-may-have-overstepped-his-authority-senator

Sorry! This man can only get help if he (and only he) is seeks it himself..
He made his own bed. I don't feel sorry for the guy. Hope the good people get him out of office real quick!!! JMO

I agree Mayor Ford's actions need to be scrutinized to ensure he is capable of running the City of Toronto, but I have to question Blair's actions as well. Arial and ground surveillance of the Mayor and no charges?

There are many unsolved crimes in Toronto - are they getting the same attention and use of resources as Mayor Ford did? This line from the Spec article made me chuckle - 'Lisi and an Etobicoke drycleaner are the only people charged in the case.'
It doesn't exactly make me forget the G20 mess and outright violation of citizens rights perpetrated by Blair - who then handed out awards to his subordinates who detained innocent people for no reason and tried to lay bogus charges.

Blair refused to trim his budget when ordered to do so by Mayor Ford last year. Ford eventually let the 10% or so increase Blair wanted (while everyone else had to make cuts) ride with the warning that no such thing will happen a second time. Can't wait to see how much Blair wants in the next budget - with a new mayor?

The City of Toronto has paid about two million dollars in recent years to settle police complaints and Toronto Police have dozens of officers on paid leave while they sort out their personal legal problems - lying in court, first degree murder to name a few.

Imo, if one is watching Ford - don't take your eyes off Blair either.

Correct me if I'm wrong but does the article I posted upthread not say that RF was photographed in a known crack house frequented by crack heads, gang members and owned by people who have extensive criminal histories? And he was photographed with a man who was later shot and killed and two other men who have subsequently been arrested on drug and weapons related offences? Now I don't know if this is the same occasion where the smoking crack video was taken but WTH is the Mayor of Toronto doing associating with these people?

“The house belongs to a couple of crack heads but Dixon guys go there often to ‘chop’ crack or just hang out and get drunk,” the source is quoted as telling investigators in the recently released police report.

Some of the members of the Basso family, who live there, have lengthy criminal records, including for drug offences.

The police allegations also suggest the home is where a photo was taken showing Ford posing with Anthony Smith, who was later shot and killed, and two other men who were subsequently arrested and charged as part of Project Traveller.

Features of the house in the background of that photo match that of the Windsor Road home, police allege.

I think that is the real story here. Why was the Mayor of Toronto at this house in the first place? What are his connections that put him there? Was he there when the video was shot or was it some other crack house he was hanging at? And the police have every right to be investigating this IMO.

Here's the link again http://www2.macleans.ca/2013/11/01/...ayor-rob-ford-granted-bail-in-extortion-case/

MOO

Yup. And I love how Ford is throwing Lisi under the bus for his own extortion attempt. Can't wait to see how this saga unfolds

Please, don't send him to the DC area... for some reason, some District citizens love putting disgraced crack-smoking mayors back in to some form of office. (Yep, I'm talking about Marion Barry... he now sits on the city council as an elected official, and he is still shady as heck. Very, very shady...)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa
Back