Tracy Morgan in critical condition after accident

The accident was a chain reaction caused by the first truck, a Peterbilt with Oklahoma plates, Williams said.
When the driver of the truck suddenly became aware of the Mercedes Sprinter limo bus in front of him, he swerved left to avoid it, but struck the limo bus in the rear and then hit another vehicle, Williams said.
The limo bus carrying Morgan lost control and began rotating clockwise and then turned over onto its left side. While it was out of control, the limo bus hit a Buick, which crashed into a Ford F150 pickup truck, and another tractor-trailer.
The truck that caused the accident came to rest on the left shoulder after hitting a guardrail.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...morgan/story?id=24039407#.U5NKpNs52cM.twitter

(CNN) -- A Georgia truck driver has been charged in connection with the wreck on the New Jersey Turnpike that left comedian-actor Tracy Morgan in critical condition and another man dead, the Middlesex County Prosecutor's Office said in a statement released Saturday.

Kevin Roper, 35, of Jonesboro, was charged with one count of death by auto and four counts of assault by auto after the tractor-trailer he was driving crashed into the limo bus carrying the comedian and others, the statement said.

~Snip~

Brooke Buchanan, a Walmart spokesperson, said the truck driver is a Walmart employee.

Update on Tracy Morgan as per article: Morgan's condition was not expected to change Saturday, publicist Lewis Kay said. "His family is now with him and he is receiving excellent care."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/07/showbiz/tracy-morgan-hospitalized/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

BBM

Most companies with deep pockets would be scrambling to put the blame elsewhere. Good for Walmart.

True. In this case it is almost necessary that they do so, since he was their employee and he has now been criminally charged.

:(

I never heard death by auto or assault by auto before.

Prayers for everyone.

I never heard death by auto or assault by auto before.

Prayers for everyone.

I suppose every jurisdiction (State or Province)calls it something different
we here I live we call it dangerous driving causing death or causing bodily harm

Prayers for Tracy.

I just watched him on the Tribute for Don Rickels. It was the first time
I have seen him so real.

Tracy, my thoughts are with you.
Prayers go out for all the other victims.

God Bless
Goz

Tracy Morgan's Camp Knocks Rumor That Comedian Had Leg Amputated

Natalie Finn, eonline
9 hours ago

The wait continues—so apparently some people are making stuff up to tide themselves over in the meantime.

Tracy Morgan 's camp released a new statement Monday hoping to quash a rumor that the 30 Rock star's leg was amputated when he underwent surgery over the weekend for broken bones suffered in a car crash very early Saturday morning...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-eonline/20140610/b549597/

Stop speculating about Tracy Morgan's health, fiancee pleads

By CNN Staff

updated 4:21 PM EDT, Tue June 10, 2014

(CNN) -- Comedian Tracy Morgan's fiancee, Megan Wollover, asked fans to stop speculating about his health Tuesday after false rumors surfaced that he could lose his leg as a result of the weekend traffic accident that left him gravely injured.

"The concern for his well-being has been overwhelming, but Megan is respectfully asking that the media await official word through these channels before speculating (mostly inaccurately) on his condition," Morgan's publicist Lewis Kay said in a statement. "Rumors about amputating his leg are completely fabricated."

Morgan suffered several injuries, including broken ribs, a broken nose and a broken leg, when a tractor-trailer struck the limo bus he was traveling in early Saturday on the New Jersey Turnpike.

The collision killed Morgan's fellow passenger, comedian James McNair, who performed under the name Jimmy Mack, and injured several others on the bus...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/10/showbiz/tracy-morgan-crash/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

^^^^Thank goodness we now know who the REAL victim here is. :rolleyes:

Tracy Morgan Trucker -- I Was Not Drunk or High ... I'm a Scapegoat!

The trucker who caused the fatal car crash that left Tracy Morgan in critical condition says he was not high on drugs or drunk when he slammed into the SUV ... and believes he's being skewered because a celeb was hurt in the accident

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/06/10/tracy-morgan-accident-kevin-roper-twitter-crash/#ixzz34HO11XBV

:dunno: I kind of feel for the guy. I have yet to see anything that confirms it was his fault. Accidents happen every single day on highways. They are called accidents for a reason. They are not called "On Purpose". I have never heard of "death by auto". Until all the facts come out, I'm not judging anyone. Sure, it was a bad ACCIDENT. At this point, that is all it was for me. An ACCIDENT.

:dunno: I kind of feel for the guy. I have yet to see anything that confirms it was his fault. Accidents happen every single day on highways. They are called accidents for a reason. They are not called "On Purpose". I have never heard of "death by auto". Until all the facts come out, I'm not judging anyone. Sure, it was a bad ACCIDENT. At this point, that is all it was for me. An ACCIDENT.
Ummm, I have to disagree with you on this. The driver was found to have fallen asleep/dozing at the wheel because he didn't sleep for 24 hours. He got a rest period between shifts, but didn't use it to sleep. This was an accident that could've been prevented and now he has killed someone, severely injured Tracy Morgan and WalMart will have to pay big time for it.

Ummm, I have to disagree with you on this. The driver was found to have fallen asleep/dozing at the wheel because he didn't sleep for 24 hours. He got a rest period between shifts, but didn't use it to sleep. This was an accident that could've been prevented and now he has killed someone, severely injured Tracy Morgan and WalMart will have to pay big time for it.

I agree
He failed to notice traffic ahead of him had slowed and when he did notice it was too late, he hit the limo bus from behind

2.5% of fatal crashes are due to a drowsy driver.

That is not proven anywhere that I have seen. Please provide a link. That is rumor at this point from what I have seen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamabee1221
Back