Transgender considerations in UID remains and missing/murder investigations

ok here is another crossdresser (without an alligator hehe)

The Doe Network: Case File 3732DMTX

James H Mayberry, Jr.
Missing since April 1, 1999 from Kenedy, Karnes County, Texas
Classification: Endangered Missing

Date Of Birth: December 1, 1963
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 35 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'7"; 170 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: Black male. Brown eyes; shoulder-length black hair with extensions, pulled back into a ponytail.
•Medical: Disabled with heart, respiratory, liver and blood pressure problems. He left all of his medication at home.
•Clothing: He is a cross dresser and usually carries a small brown purse. He was last seen wearing a beige long sleeve button down shirt with no collar, khaki shorts, and ladies white slip-on tennis shoes. Mr. Mayberry was also wearing a "Victoria Secret" forest green padded bra, ladies panties and carrying a black patent clutch purse.
•AKA: Jamie

Circumstances of Disappearance
Mayberry was last seen leaving his Kenedy home on April 1 with a stranger, telling his niece that he was going to the store and would be right back. On the night he disappeared, a man knocked on his front door, and even though Mayberry was heard to say he didn't know the man, he left with him anyway. Mayberry never returned.

Although his niece didn't see the vehicle they left in, others have reported seeing him that night in a black truck. Later, two men banged on the door, but left in a loud truck after his niece said Mayberry was not there.
The family and police have suspected foul play because he left without his medication and without waiting to get his disability check, his only source of income.

Foul play or possibly a hate crime may be involved because Mayberry is a homosexual.
He is described as very trusting and friendly.
Family, friends, peace officers and volunteers from the Heidi Search Center in San Antonio combed the area for over two weeks looking for him, but were not successful.

KXAN recently published their own investigation into James "Jamie" Mayberry's disappearance, with some very interesting interviews and findings... Missing 'cross-dresser's' family: 'People are just keeping secrets.'

I'm sorry if this is too blunt, but I can't think of any good ways to paraphrase it.

Clearly if the body of a transgendered person is found, the DNA tests will identify the person's sex at birth. But if the person had undergone sex reassignment surgery and treatment, would that leave any traces that could be detected after skeletonization?

Related: if a transgendered person is missing, do they get listed under their sex at birth, or the sex they lived as?

Pointers to detailed discussion would be most welcome.

To answer your question: DNA tests of a transgender (someone who was born one sex and transitioned to another) DNA would show gender at birth
Traces of sex change treatments on skeletal remains: NO, there would be no traces, the surgery consists mainly of soft tissue reformation,
*you may see a possible MALE DNA profile but the remains were found with breast implants*
*You may find FEMALE DNA but penile erection implant found with remains* (depends on the year the surgery was done, there is multiple types of permanent and inflatable implants)
If the child was born with ambiguous genitalia (both male and female) prior to the 1990's the child would be assigned FEMALE at birth, this was standard medical practice. The child would be recorded as dressed as and raised as female. The rationale for this was due to limited surgical techniques at the time and the surgical philosophy they often refer to as : easier to make a hole than a pole
The third sex: The truth about gender ambiguity
DNA was not an option back then, so all children were female, now DNA profile can be done on these babies, and it is actually advised that the parents wait till they hit puberty to find out which gender the child is as they will be able to tell you at that time.
Hope this helps

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Remains present anthropologically as female, but DNA is male. I'm on my tablet so having a hard time shifting the info. Will try later.

This would be a possible ambiguous genitalia case, where both genders genitalia are present.
DNA says MALE, body structure says Female and if soft tissues were still present you might see a mix of both male and female soft tissue present in the reproductive area.
Ambiguous genitalia is a rare condition in which an infant's external genitals don't appear to be clearly either male or female. In a baby with ambiguous genitalia, the genitals may be incompletely developed or the baby may have characteristics of both sexes.

Ambiguous genitalia: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia

In most cases, ambiguous genitalia in genetic females (babies with 2 X chromosomes) has the following features:

• An enlarged clitoris that looks like a small penis.
  • The urethral opening (where urine comes out) can be anywhere along, above, or below the surface of the clitoris.
  • The labia may be fused and look like a scrotum.
  • The infant may be thought to be a male with undescended testicles.
  • Sometimes a lump of tissue is felt within the fused labia, further making it look like a scrotum with testicles.
In a genetic male (1 X and 1 Y chromosome), ambiguous genitalia most often include the following features:

• A small penis (less than 2 to 3 centimeters, or 3/4 to 1 1/4 inches) that looks like an enlarged clitoris (the clitoris of a newborn female is normally somewhat enlarged at birth).
  • The urethral opening may be anywhere along, above, or below the penis. It can be located as low as the perineum, further making the infant appear to be female.
  • There may be a small scrotum that is separated and looks like labia.
  • Undescended testicles commonly occur with ambiguous genitalia.

At least 22 transgender people have been killed this year. But numbers don’t tell the full story – East Bay Times
November 18, 2019 rbbm.
"Advocacy organizations like the Human Rights Campaign and GLAAD, as well as activists like Monica Roberts, track deaths of transgender people using available data and information from the LGBTQ community.

But they caution that the real numbers are likely higher.

Some deaths are misreported
Another issue that contributes to underreporting is that some trans people are misgendered at the time of their death.

Law enforcement, witnesses, family members and even friends might misidentify a trans victim with the gender they were assigned at birth, rather than the gender identity the person lived by. Family members might use the wrong pronouns or the name a transgender person was assigned at birth.

Often, trans people are misgendered when they die because their family refused to acknowledge their gender identity, McBride said. Other times, the person may not have been out to many people. And in some cases, their family may not understand how to use the correct pronouns.

Incorrect information from authorities and relatives can lead to misgendering in media reports too.

That’s why Monica Roberts started tracking trans murder victims a few years ago on her long-running blog TransGriot.

She started looking for telltale signs in local news reports, like when someone would be described as a “man in women’s clothing.” She’d figure out when a person had been misgendered and then write about it on her blog.
Now that she’s been doing it for a while, people in the community send her tips too. Her findings are often picked up by advocacy organizations and media outlets."

Both of these people have threads on here, but I haven't seen either of them posted so I figured I should post them. I'll be using female pronouns here for both of them since that's how they're both listed.

CA - Los Angeles, WhiteWoman UP63553, 55-65, 2008 mugshot + possible name, January 2013
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
This person was found dead in a homeless encampment in LA in 2013. She was wearing male clothing and used the alias "William Windsor," which is what makes me believe that 'she' could very well be a transgender man. There's mugshots from a prior arrest on NamUs and she looks quite masculine.

UK - UK- Camden, WhtFem 45-60, 191cm/6'3", male clothing, Mar'79 (PM AT LINK)
UK Missing Persons Unit (PM WARNING)
She was found in Camden, England in 1979. She was wearing male clothing and was also very tall, even for male standards, at 6'3". I posted on her thread that I believe that she could have been a man with Klinefelter syndrome or something similar. The PM is a profile view, so I can't get a great feel for her facial features but she doesn't look overly feminine. I feel like this person is more likely intersex than transgender, but that she should still be posted here.

Just noticed this UID described as likely male but could also be female.. rbbm.
The Doe Network: Case File 1618UMBC
Case File 1618UMBC
1618UMBC.jpg
1618UMBC1.jpg

1618UMBC2.jpg
1618UMBC3.jpg

Shirt and Shorts
  • ''The victim was discovered on May 27, 2006 in Mission, British Columbia, Canada. Estimated Date of Death: 3-6 months prior.
  • Estimated Age: 30-50 years old.
    • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'7" to 5'8" and 165-185 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Possibly Native. Healed nasal fracture. Possibly was a smoker.
    • Clothing: A medium-sized brown "Mossimo" shirt and grey "Eddie Bauer" boxer-style underwear.
    • Dentals: Poor dental health: multiple fillings, untreated tooth decay, excessive staining, fractured enamel.
The victim was recovered from the shores of Stave Lake, approximately 14km north of the boat launch.
There are discrepancies on the sex of this decedent; however, most likely male.''

Updated June 3 2020
List of people killed for being transgender - Wikipedia
''This is a dynamic list and may never be able to satisfy particular standards for completeness. You can help by expanding it with reliably sourced entries.
Part of a series on
Transgender topics

Gender identities[show]
Health care and medicine[show]
Rights issues[show]
Society and culture[show]
Theory and concepts[show]
By country[show]
See also[show]
LGBT portal
Transgender portal
This is a worldwide list of people who were killed for being transgender. The list does not include suicides, accidental deaths, or premature deaths. Some of the perpetrators in these cases cite the trans panic defense. Violence against transgender people is also known as trans bashing.''

It's unfortunate someone retitled that article in a way that will cause the majority of data to be deleted as most listed cases are unsolved and motive cannot be established. Now is the time for someone to comb it and make sure each victim has a thread here, while it remains intact.

Woman, 30, discovers she's actually a man with cancer during hospital visit
26 JUN 2020
''A 30-year-old woman recently made a shocking discovery during a hospital visit – she's technically a man, and she has cancer.

The unnamed resident of Birbhum, east India, visited Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Cancer Hospital with unexplained abdominal pain a few months ago.

After tests revealed she had what's known as a "blind vagina", meaning a very short vaginal passage, doctors decided to carry out a karyotype test which revealed her chromosomes were XY (male sex), rather than XX (female sex).

Clinical oncologist Dr Anupam Dutta and surgical oncologist Dr Soumen Das then discovered she had undescended testicles inside her body.''

''She was diagnosed with Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome (AIS), a condition in which a person is genetically male yet has all the physical characteristic of a woman.'''

3451UMLA - Unidentified Male
No_Image_Available_male.jpg
CASE%20NUMBER.jpg

Date of Discovery: May 31, 1982
Location of Discovery: New Orleans, Orleans Parish, Louisiana
Estimated Date of Death: 1982
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 26-34 years old
Race: Unknown.
Sex: Male
Height: Unknown
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers
Dentals: Available. Mandible and maxilla removed for future identification.
Fingerprints: Unavailable
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Women's red shirt and bra; jeans found near the decedent.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery
The decedent was found on Golf Drive near Roosevelt Mall in City Park. Based on description of clothing found, the victim may have been transgender.

Original file note suggests white male but ForDisc suggests black male. Decedent's age is based on jaws only. Extent of decomposition is unknown. The mandible and maxilla have been removed for future identification. The location of body is unknown.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Orleans Parish Coroner's Office
Agency Contact Person: Unknown
Agency Phone Number: 504-658-9660
Agency E-Mail: Unknown
Agency Case Number: F82-7

Agency Name: LSU FACES Laboratory
Agency Contact Person: Ginesse Listi
Agency Phone Number: 225-578-4761
Agency E-Mail: Unknown
Agency Case Number: 08-29-31

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 7396

Information Source(s)
NamUs
3451UMLA

The Doe Network added this case recently

Dotr great find! That is a good question. Maybe starting a thread for Missing Trans might be a good idea,? Iam sure that list will get longer too. Again they can have their own individual thread but then be on a missing Trans thread together. Like we are attempting here. I don't know I guess we can get input from everyone on the list?
Carbuff Rocks for starting this one!!! Thank you!
I have a list now, for all LGBTQ+ Missing people I can find. Info is public but housed on my Patreon. I update it regularly as people are found. I'll send you the link if you want it. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back