Trial break: The State vs Jodi Arias; trial resumes 4 February 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to get up to speed here. I am confused about something though. If JA killed TA in the shower, how did the blood get all over the floor in that hallway they keep showing. TIA for any help on this. :wave:

bedroom_evidence_photo_4_-_qp1_0.jpg

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/dr/hln/www...13/01/04/bedroom_evidence_photo_4_-_qp1_0.jpg

What's with the carpet topped flip flops? Homemade? TIA

Located in TA's bedroom, near foot of bed.

I'm trying to get up to speed here. I am confused about something though. If JA killed TA in the shower, how did the blood get all over the floor in that hallway they keep showing. TIA for any help on this. :wave:

They think that he tried to get away at some point and the she caught up to him in the hallway and slit his throat.

Pretty sure that's the fiber that they are claiming was from some kind of "soft rope" Travis gently bound her with. It's a freaking pillow tassel imo

I have to laugh a bit about Travis binding Jodi to the bed with pillow tassel thread for two reasons.

1. While it is pretty sturdy, it doesn't take a knife capable of killing someone to cut it. All one needs is a small pair of scissors.

2. Travis had a sleigh bed, with no posts to which to tie anyone. That means it would have taken a ton of tassel thread to tie her to the bed frame.

3. (Ok, I lied!) I was making a collage and decided a heavy drapery tassel (with much heavier thread than in the photo) had just the texture and color I wanted. I took a pair of scissors and cut the cord that kept it together and a ton of short pieces fell to the floor! If it had been used as aforementioned, Travis and Jodi would have had to spend a great deal of time tying the little pieces together! :floorlaugh:

During Ms. W's opening, she made such a big deal of those itsy-bitsy pieces of cord and the knife that Travis used to cut it! What a crock! She even showed a photograph of a piece on the stairs. It's not very long, about the length of each piece which originally comprised the tassel!

Short story IMO the first attempt to kill him was while he was showering . After he did not die she continuously made attempts to kill him. The bloody areas are of his attempts to get away from her. It was after his death that she drug and placed him back in the shower and rinsed his body off. Then she left to get back on the road because she had a date with another man.

yup

wouldn't be surprised to find out she used the pillow to muffle the gunshot (it was the coup de grace imhoo)

wonder if any of the bed pillows are missing. Wouldn't be surprised.. iirc they were neatly stacked on a chair (mooost of them, that is if my suspicion is right)

arias109.jpg

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/dr/hln/www...cache/gallery_780x583/2013/01/04/arias109.jpg

^ Looks like one pillow in bathroom closet.

^ Wonder what the #10 and #11 evidence markers were identifying?

bedroom_evidence_photo_1_-_qp1.jpg

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/dr/hln/www...2013/01/04/bedroom_evidence_photo_1_-_qp1.jpg

^ A couple of bed pillows beside TA's bed. Throw pillows on chair.

bedroom_evidence_photo_3_-_qp1_0.jpg

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/dr/hln/www...13/01/04/bedroom_evidence_photo_3_-_qp1_0.jpg

^ Another bed pillow on floor and a blue mystery rectangular object.

yup

wouldn't be surprised to find out she used the pillow to muffle the gunshot (it was the coup de grace imhoo)

wonder if any of the bed pillows are missing. Wouldn't be surprised.. iirc they were neatly stacked on a chair (mooost of them, that is if my suspicion is right)

BBM

I think so too.

Was it the case that no roommates, no neighbors, no passersby reported having heard screams, calls for help, or a gunshot? TIA

I have to laugh a bit about Travis binding Jodi to the bed with pillow tassel thread for two reasons.

1. While it is pretty sturdy, it doesn't take a knife capable of killing someone to cut it. All one needs is a small pair of scissors.

2. Travis had a sleigh bed, with no posts to which to tie anyone. That means it would have taken a ton of tassel thread to tie her to the bed frame.

3. (Ok, I lied!) I was making a collage and decided a heavy drapery tassel (with much heavier thread than in the photo) had just the texture and color I wanted. I took a pair of scissors and cut the cord that kept it together and a ton of short pieces fell to the floor! If it had been used as aforementioned, Travis and Jodi would have had to spend a great deal of time tying the little pieces together! :floorlaugh:

During Ms. W's opening, she made such a big deal of those itsy-bitsy pieces of cord and the knife that Travis used to cut it! What a crock! She even showed a photograph of a piece on the stairs. It's not very long, about the length of each piece which originally comprised the tassel!

who the hell decides to do a little bondage and cuts the tassels off a decorative pillow to use?? that's so stupid! it's not logical at all.

i do believe she used that pillow for something. don't know what though. and maybe she DID use it to muffle the sound of the gun, and it's just that nobody can say for sure that there's a pillow missing. maybe there was one like it at the scene but they can't say for sure there were ever 2? it was his room, after all.

I wonder if she used it herself to try to tie him up to keep him still before she went on her frenzy.

There was no rope. It's from the braid off a pillow that was on his bed. JM is asking Flores while showing him the exhibit picture what the length is. It was only a couple of inches long. It's as if the braid may have unraveled off one of he pillows and was found in the bathroom. LE found no rope of any kind in the house. jmo

Wanting to comment on several things I read in the last thread. Can't remember the posters names discussing certain things, so apologies.

Regarding the duct tape, I am pretty sure I saw it on his arm one of the photos of TA on the bed. Duct tape is used as a symbol in a sort of ritual to express the importance of chastity before marriage. Here is a link, if anyone is interested in exploring this.

http://www.reapteam.org/duct-tape

One theory related to the murder, could be that TA was making the final break with JA that day, and the tape was an symbol of his new commitment to his religious principles. IMO, she clearly planned to murder him, but maybe she was going to give him one more chance and use sex to try to convince him to continue to see her.

I think the prosecution is doing a great job, and have deftly handled the defense witnesses to either support their position that JA was not abused by TA; and furthermore that JA was obsessed with TA's lifestyle/money/career/social status and if TA was going to deny her that, she was going to take it from him.

Let's not bring it up again

:gthanks::tyou:

:bananalama: ok sorry

Why am i the only one thinking that her art is good...clearly i cant draw a house...i failed art in primary school(YES ) so maybe my judgement is is not good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500