Trial date set for Sidney and Tammy Moorer #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too, and I think that secret has been taken to the grave.

I think they had support for the entire crime. And I think cars and trucks and phones were not always being operated by the players set forth in the state's version of the crime.

Going back to background checks. The company I work for runs them on every employee. You need a date of birth to run one, and you can't legally ask DOB on an application. We used to hire first, then run checks, but that was resulting in a lot of terminations. A couple years ago we started giving offer letters that explains the offer is contingent on the background coming back clear. The letter also asks for their DOB as SS. If they have lived at their current address for less than a year we run the background in the counites they lived in previously as well. If Disney did hire him, the background may have come back after his orientation. They may also have given him an opportunity to explain his side of any charges before making a decision to terminate employment.

I think they had support for the entire crime. And I think cars and trucks and phones were not always being operated by the players set forth in the state's version of the crime.

I totally agree.

Did I miss this earlier?

So TM has a job in Florida too?? Wonder if she has been fired as well...

... Circuit Judge Markley Dennis, who signed the order, granted the order because Tammy Moorer has found work in Florida.

“The grounds for the motion are that the defendant has found employment in the state of Florida that would permit her to provide for herself and her family,” the order states.....

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/cri...cle_18ac9b78-5e46-11e5-a62c-9717c3bad80f.html

Did I miss this earlier?

So TM has a job in Florida too?? Wonder if she has been fired as well...

... Circuit Judge Markley Dennis, who signed the order, granted the order because Tammy Moorer has found work in Florida.

“The grounds for the motion are that the defendant has found employment in the state of Florida that would permit her to provide for herself and her family,” the order states.....

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/cri...cle_18ac9b78-5e46-11e5-a62c-9717c3bad80f.html
TM....working? Oh Lort! If that's the case, bless the owners, co-workers, and customers. The TM set up is coming for you.

Just checking in to catch up.

I have a bad feeling that this case will never make it in front of a jury. I hope I am wrong.

I think LE was a little too late by the time they investigated what they really needed to look at. If I remember correctly, quite a few days had passed before LE began to believe she had harm come to her.

Once LE got up to speed on things, too much time had passed and the perp(s) had plenty of time to make sure most all evidence was cleaned up.
I agree with others that the perp(s) had help too.

I hope I am wrong and hope LE prosecutes this case and does not give up. LE apparently found some evidence according to what they said so lets hope its enough to prosecute the case.

Im patiently waiting but I get discouraged the more time passes.

Why is the media not asking why it is taking so long to set a trial date? I understand there is a gag order in place, but I haven't even seen the media attempt to get an answer for this.

This has been my question as well. No one in the media has gone to the Solicitor's office to inquire why they've not scheduled this trial and what's going on with the case. This is fairly standard media behavior in my county in NC, so it does boggle the mind why the media doesn't appear to be interested there.

is it against tos to say that they will fit in just fine.

I've lived in Florida for many years. Most people are perfectly nice, normal people. Then there are some who are the best people you'll ever know, and some who are the lowest of the low. Just like any other state.

Sadly, I don't think this case will ever go to trial. I'm wondering though, what the status is of the fraud charges. Are they still in play?

I think so. If you click this link you'll see on the last page is a 9/11/15 letter from Tammy's attorney to the Court, with the subject line indictments of each:

Indecent Exposure
Indecent Exposure
Obstructing Justice
Kidnapping
Murder
Medicaid Fraud
False Pretenses

http://www.myhorrynews.com/pdf_22eb28c2-5e49-11e5-a4e6-a3acbd622620.html

so they appear to be still valid.

Probably pending for now. But I think the murder charge might go away, along with the IE, and the other charges might be affected if they get out of those two. I think the police got themselves into a jam when they sought a "strategy" to get into the home (particularly with the IE that's based (it appears) strictly on SM's admission) and then that search yielded nothing substantial. As for the Medicaid fraud, their lawyers might cut a deal with the county for restitution, all the while claiming it was some sort of 'honest' mistake. I just think there are too many distracting bell and whistle charges attached to the murder charge that would be diminished if the murder charge is dismissed or lessened.

All defense lawyers claim their clients are innocent and there's no evidence to convict them, but in this case, I believe the defense can be confident that a conviction would be hard won, it possible at all. If that's true, then a deal is in the making and things are unfolding behind the scenes that will only be made public after the fact.

JMO. I could be entirely wrong.

Just checking in to catch up.

I have a bad feeling that this case will never make it in front of a jury. I hope I am wrong.

I think LE was a little too late by the time they investigated what they really needed to look at. If I remember correctly, quite a few days had passed before LE began to believe she had harm come to her.

Once LE got up to speed on things, too much time had passed and the perp(s) had plenty of time to make sure most all evidence was cleaned up.
I agree with others that the perp(s) had help too.

I hope I am wrong and hope LE prosecutes this case and does not give up. LE apparently found some evidence according to what they said so lets hope its enough to prosecute the case.

Im patiently waiting but I get discouraged the more time passes.

And with the help they likely had, there are probably so many factors contributing to how they were able to pull this off. I think the problem for the state is that the evidence trail is more of a circumstantial tale of lives intersecting tragically, than proof that would endure the rigors of testing in a trial.

This has been my question as well. No one in the media has gone to the Solicitor's office to inquire why they've not scheduled this trial and what's going on with the case. This is fairly standard media behavior in my county in NC, so it does boggle the mind why the media doesn't appear to be interested there.
Maybe we should contact the people that were covering Heather's case in the past and see if we can get them to ask the Solicitor about it. And while they're at it, they could also ask the Solicitor why he put up zero fight concerning their move to Florida.

Sidney Moorer is scheduled to appear in an Horry County courtroom in October, but it won't be for the Heather Elvis case. Moorer says he’s not responsible for more than $6,600 in debts incurred while in jail during the pending murder case. In an Aug. 21 answer to the suit, Moorer checked a box that says he denies responsibility for the debt.

“I was incarcerated on false charges and was unable to pay,” Moorer wrote in court records. “I want a trial.”

Moorer’s request for a bench trial has been scheduled for 3 p.m. Oct. 28 at the Horry County magistrate office in Surfside Beach.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_d4501784-50b2-11e5-84ed-27d16e0b8520.html

Sidney Moorer is scheduled to appear in an Horry County courtroom in October, but it won't be for the Heather Elvis case. Moorer says he’s not responsible for more than $6,600 in debts incurred while in jail during the pending murder case. In an Aug. 21 answer to the suit, Moorer checked a box that says he denies responsibility for the debt.

“I was incarcerated on false charges and was unable to pay,” Moorer wrote in court records. “I want a trial.”

Moorer’s request for a bench trial has been scheduled for 3 p.m. Oct. 28 at the Horry County magistrate office in Surfside Beach.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_d4501784-50b2-11e5-84ed-27d16e0b8520.html

Oh, he's the victim now. What a surprise. :rolleyes:

Well now......does that mean that he is saying that the murder charge and other charges are false? He wants a trial.....he should have one.... the murder charge. Innocent people would declare their innocence to the mountain tops and I have never once heard either one of them say that from day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2