Trial date set for Sidney and Tammy Moorer #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you PTF for all of the hard work. Could the numbers be actual mph? I mean if you just killed (ugh I hate that word) someone, would you be speeding to do whatever it is killers do next? Just a random thought. Those are some high numbers though. JMO

Thank you PTF for all of the hard work. Could the numbers be actual mph? I mean if you just killed (ugh I hate that word) someone, would you be speeding to do whatever it is killers do next? Just a random thought. Those are some high numbers though. JMO

Thanks.

The numbers started at 00 and went up in increments of 5.

ex.: 00, 05, 10, 15... up to 115 around where the residential camera was located.

There were other markings as well throughout HWY 814.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Sorry for any typos!

Thanks.

The numbers started at 00 and went up in increments of 5.

ex.: 00, 05, 10, 15... up to 115 around where the residential camera was located.

There were other markings as well throughout HWY 814.

Excellent photos .. Thanks!! I am thinking the numbers are related to timing .. Where the vehicle would have been based on speed and times in correlation to cameras\ GPS .. If that makes sense??

Excellent photos .. Thanks!! I am thinking the numbers are related to timing .. Where the vehicle would have been based on speed and times in correlation to cameras\ GPS .. If that makes sense??

Yes, exactly.

Can his attorney get in trouble for making the statement "...Sydney Moorer cannot legally be convicted of the crimes charges." If his reasons are bogus? At the very least I would hope he would be verbally reprimanded by the judge for wasting everyone's time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can his attorney get in trouble for making the statement "...Sydney Moorer cannot legally be convicted of the crimes charges." If his reasons are bogus? At the very least I would hope he would be verbally reprimanded by the judge for wasting everyone's time.

What evidence does the State have against SM?

I believe that is the question (of Truslow).

He said that there is no way the evidence the state has against SM can legally convict him. Wonder if they are going to throw TM under the bus?

I just got back from HWY 814 / Mill Pond Road where I made some observations and snapped a few pictures.

I drove from the M's (HWY 814) to track where the 1.7 miles was located and came to this spot. Pretty consistent with @Ghostwheel's map, the one that I made myself, and Google maps itself.

Since I was driving, I couldn't see any visible cameras on any of the homes and the road markings LE made at the same time. But, a large amount of road markings were certainly visible at the 1.7 mile mark. The same markings that WMBF photographed and I posted earlier, as well as many others.

I continued on HWY 814 to Mill Pond and turned around driving back North to take another look. That's when I started to realize that the road marking were numbers that followed a pattern. The highest number I recall seeing was 115 (near 1.7). I turned around again at Sonland Drive and was going to take some pictures but, there was a constant flow of cars, no good place to park, and a few residents "residenting" around. I didn't want to appear too much like a "looky-loo" so, I didn't stop at this point. Just observed some more at a snail's pace.

Turning around once more, I then traveled back North towards the M's, where the numbers declined... 110, 105, 100, 95. I thought they'd surely end after Sonland Dr., but they kept going! The whole way down to 0 which was located near the traffic light/intersection at the CVS here where I took one of the pictures (Mill=1 1/2" 0+00) attached. When I was driving South from the start, I didn't even notice the markings. Probably because I was concentrating on the mileage aspect at that point and the fact that I was looking for red road markings, not white.

At any rate, most of the markings where white in fact but there were a bunch in red. And there were lots! There were many white markings along HWY 814 that looked like they were framing sections of the road out or concentrating on specific areas with right and left angles along with arrows.

IMO, LE is mapping out the travels of the M truck on HWY 814 and Mill Pond Rd. As if, they are comparing the residential camera, speed of truck, and estimations beyond what was visible on the CCTV. Other than that, I don't know what some of the specific markings mean.

Since I was over that way, I figured I'd take a drive down to the landing. I traveled back to Dick Pond Road and then headed down Peachtree Road.

I snapped a pic at Pixie Dust of their surveillance cam. Seems to be pointing down but, angle could have changed since then too.

I didn't notice any more markings whatsoever in that direction or nearest the landing itself. I did notice however that the new camera has been installed and took a pic. I hope it got one of me too!

My response to above post by PTF: Thank you PeterThomasFan for all you do and all that you contribute! It is appreciated. The "Thanks" button just didn't seem like enough. Thanks again! :)

Watching WMBF News at 5, there was a commentary interlude by WMBF's VP & GM called, "Consider This".

I didn't think it would be published online so, I took notes but then found it on their website...

Consider This: Investigation on Highway 814
Posted: Jan 22, 2015 4:16 PM EST
Updated: Jan 22, 2015 5:20 PM EST
By Sarah Miles

Recently police blocked a portion of an Horry County road for 3 hours with no explanation.

[…]

Consider This: It took four days of relentless calls, emails and inquiries ….until the Solicitor's office finally told us that it was related to the Heather Elvis investigation.

[…]

What is unacceptable is that the lack of communication caused unnecessary fear, speculation and uncertainty for our community.​

BBM

Even though HWY 814 is not in my immediate neighborhood, I too feel that the lack of communication from local LE is unacceptable. The whole gag order has been one big excuse IMO for LE to shield themselves from any type of inquiry involving this case. Couldn't they at least give a brief from time to time to reassure the community?

I can even remember feeling this way before the gag order was in place and cried for a presser!

Lack of communication certainly causes people to speculate and creates unnecessary fear.

Thank you PeterThomasFan for all you do and all that you contribute! It is appreciated. The "Thanks" button just didn't seem like enough. Thanks again! :)

Thank you NWLady. :blushing:

I do what I can do for Heather.

just browsing Horry County Gov website under public indexes... I can't link page but did take screenshot (sorry if not allowed) but the motion has today's date is listed as "completed" . anyone know what this info is? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421968434.978487.jpg

just browsing Horry County Gov website under public indexes... I can't link page but did take screenshot (sorry if not allowed) but the motion has today's date is listed as "completed" . anyone know what this info is? View attachment 67933

It probably just means the motion was filed in court & the bond hearing was granted today and set for Jan 30th? Just a guess... I'm far from a legal expert. :)

Annnddddd.... that would explain the road closure---prepping for their argument why they should remain behind bars.

How does the road closure have anything to do with the upcoming state argument to deny bail? I'm not understanding this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti