Trial Date Set/Pre-Trial Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi CCup and Nervous Nellie,

CCup, could you start a catering business and romance the little county jail into becoming customers? I have some thought for some nutritious meals for the inmates.

Nervous, you wrote:
>>is there any limit to how long they can stall?<<

Good question, I wonder if one of our web lawyers are reading and can tell us? In the meanwhile, it seems that one of the recent articles said something about Chris' own attorneys doing something that would get the trial moving sooner than it was going to. Hmmm...did I or did I not really read that, was that hopeful thinking?

I'm wondering, what news team or people might follow the Coleman trial. What was that one fellows name that was writing about it? Is he still around and working on articles such as he was?

You are too funny Wrinkles!

Nick Pistor was/is one of the main writers from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that has been covering from this case from Day 1. The Belleville News Democrat has also covered every aspect of this case. We also have a county paper called the Monroe County Independent who I suspect will have someone in the court room on a daily basis. All of the St. Louis news station carried the story all the way up to the candlelight vigil held on the one year anniversary. I am willing to bet at least Fox 2 News will cover it and if they do KSDK and KMOV will at least cover the highlights.

Yes. but CCup,

You didn't answer my question :) Can't you arrange to cater the jailhouse meals?

Let's see...first breakfast, very nutritious, nice to wake up to in the morning.

* Raw Beef Liver Mousse
(a little heavier than Salmon mousse, but full bodied, you know when you put this in your mouth, a nice dark red/brown color, kinda like chocolate pud, rich in protein and B vitamins)
* Lemon juice spritz
(in a plastic squirty, dead plastic lemon flavor to liven up the liver, vit C, no scurvy)
* Poi
(gooey purple finger food, gotta have a starch, taro root provides nutritious carbs)

Lunch
* Vegi-shake
(raw egg, raw spinach and raw beets blended smooth, diced cooked tomato bits stirred in -- OH the vitamins)
* Dark blue corn chips
(grain, a bit on the stale side but with crunch)

Dinner
* Eggplant bran lasagna
(bran breaded eggplant skin strips make the noodles, the eggplant a little undercooked and slightly crispy for more nutrition -- sorry about the bitter taste and strange feel in your mouth, sprinkled with low fat mozzarella, only a little, this stuff is expensive)
* Rutabaga and mung bean sprout slaw
(with faux raspberry vinaigrette made with raspberry kool-aid and apple cider vinegar)
* Fresh persimmon
(oops sorry a little under-ripe, but you gotta have fruit, its your dessert)

Bedtime snack:
* A trailmix type bag of broken cookies
What were the children's favorite cookies?

Sleep tight... For breakfast its tofu and turnip hash, lunch poi and soy (crushed soy beans in poi), dinner will feature borscht and brains (chopped pig brain delicately simmered)... Bedtime snack will be a trailmix of broken slightly stale cookies ...

Yes. but CCup,

You didn't answer my question :) Can't you arrange to cater the jailhouse meals?

Let's see...first breakfast, very nutritious, nice to wake up to in the morning.

* Raw Beef Liver Mousse
(a little heavier than Salmon mousse, but full bodied, you know when you put this in your mouth, a nice dark red/brown color, kinda like chocolate pud, rich in protein and B vitamins)
* Lemon juice spritz
(in a plastic squirty, dead plastic lemon flavor to liven up the liver, vit C, no scurvy)
* Poi
(gooey purple finger food, gotta have a starch, taro root provides nutritious carbs)

Lunch
* Vegi-shake
(raw egg, raw spinach and raw beets blended smooth, diced cooked tomato bits stirred in -- OH the vitamins)
* Dark blue corn chips
(grain, a bit on the stale side but with crunch)

Dinner
* Eggplant bran lasagna
(bran breaded eggplant skin strips make the noodles, the eggplant a little undercooked and slightly crispy for more nutrition -- sorry about the bitter taste and strange feel in your mouth, sprinkled with low fat mozzarella, only a little, this stuff is expensive)
* Rutabaga and mung bean sprout slaw
(with faux raspberry vinaigrette made with raspberry kool-aid and apple cider vinegar)
* Fresh persimmon
(oops sorry a little under-ripe, but you gotta have fruit, its your dessert)

Bedtime snack:
* A trailmix type bag of broken cookies
What were the children's favorite cookies?

Sleep tight... For breakfast its tofu and turnip hash, lunch poi and soy (crushed soy beans in poi), dinner will feature borscht and brains (chopped pig brain delicately simmered)... Bedtime snack will be a trailmix of broken slightly stale cookies ...

OH WRINKLES! i bet you scared your kids half to death and the hubby too from time to time i bet!!! i feel sorta sick just from reading your menu... :sick:
you have some good ideas - you shoud send a letter to the state and see if they have a need for your culinary services....:dance:

Well Wrinkles~
I do have a connection(relative of a relative) to the current cater, maybe I can give them your recipes and see what they think. But unfortunately, from what I have heard from a source who works in the jail, Chris is not eating real well. Seems he thinks he may win some sympathy votes if he starves himself and makes himself look like he is grieving terribly over the loss of his wife and sons.

I have considered getting arrested just so I could spend an evening in the Monroe County Jail and really get some inside scoop, but its really not worth it. They just need to get the show on the road and convict him already.

Hello CCup,

Hmmm...sooo....
>>But unfortunately, from what I have heard from a source who works in the jail, Chris is not eating real well. Seems he thinks he may win some sympathy votes if he starves himself and makes himself look like he is grieving terribly over the loss of his wife and sons. <<

Wondering here, is this the "guess" on why he isn't eating? Or does someone know if Chris has said something?

I wonder what the inmates have to do with their time in the jail (sit in a lonely cell or watch tv or play cards with others?). Seems like eating would be something you would look forward to in order to relieve the boredom. You think he isn't eating because maybe he is grieving the loss of his freedom, the loss of his future with his girlfriend, something like that?

I suspect that even if he walked in skeletal-looking and the jury was hearing the story of what happened that he wouldn't get one iota of sympathy about his "skin and bones" look. Think about it...the jury hears the opening statements (i.e. this man used his hands to...), they see the pictures of Sherri and the Children before/after -- would YOU care about a skinny guy sitting there? I wonder who would (aside from some cuckoo birdie who might also want to marry a prisoner)? I mean would you say, "Oh my he must feel so bad about what he did, he has already served a year in the local county jail eating catered food, he has had enough punishment, let's stop the trial and let this poor frail man have his freedom again so he can scout some nice fattening hamburgers. We don't want to lose this stellar remorseful citizen to starvation."

I wonder whether anyone is "watching" him eat.

And now that I know you have a little in... I wonder if it can be public knowledge precisely what a prisoner is doing while incarcerated. I mean could Nick Pistor or another reporter request to go in and interview the guards, Chris, the other inmates or anyone else to see what Chris' activities, diet, eating patterns and otherwise are? Heck, the public is paying the tab to host Chris, sure seems like the public should be able to check up on what the guest is doing with his time. I'd like to know what his routine is and more about the conditions at the jail. I'd like to know his comfort level. Wouldn't you?

Thanks for the scoop on Chris not eating...wonder if anyone has weighed him lately.

Oh I don't think he is grieving the loss of his wife and children....I most definetly think he is grieving the loss of his girlfriend and his freedom. I just think that in his mind he thinks that he may win sympathy for looking like a fragile, non-eating grieving husband and father.

As for a reporter going in a doing an interview that would be such a great story. I will have to ask around and see if I can get an answer for that. I know in the beginning he was doing a lot of bible reading and when he got time out of the cell he was secluded from the other inmates.

Well Wrinkles~
I do have a connection(relative of a relative) to the current cater, maybe I can give them your recipes and see what they think. But unfortunately, from what I have heard from a source who works in the jail, Chris is not eating real well. Seems he thinks he may win some sympathy votes if he starves himself and makes himself look like he is grieving terribly over the loss of his wife and sons.

I have considered getting arrested just so I could spend an evening in the Monroe County Jail and really get some inside scoop, but its really not worth it. They just need to get the show on the road and convict him already.
Humph...... well Chris, if your looking for sympathy you can find it in the dictionary, right between and syphilis. As far as my sympathy, well I'm directing that towards your victims, you remember them don't ya? Your beautiful wife and two handsome innocent sons? I do not consider your *advertiser censored* a victim, seems she entered into this situation eyes wide open, when she was trying to steal her 'friends' (cough-cough) husband away from his family. Disgusting.

Got news for ya, Chrissy boy, your guilt is NOT going to be determined by how skinny you may or may not be.......... it will be determined by your actions and words. Hope you don't think peeps are that stupid that they are going to be swayed by how big or not you might be. Sheesh.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/b15e7375-771d-5c91-b97d-952b0c4c2eee.html

Judge weighs hearsay evidence in Coleman trial

WATERLOO • Any right Christopher Coleman has to cross-examine his murdered wife about statements she had made about him to friends was forfeited when he killed her, prosecutors said in court documents filed Tuesday.

.................................snip...........................

Monroe County State's Attorney Kris Reitz said Sheri Coleman told friends that her husband beat her up, and texted at least two of them, saying: "Chris wants a divorce. He said me and my kids are in the way of his job. He told me he's leaving me for his job! But if Joyce (Meyer) finds out she will fire him. It got so bad I told Joyce. He was [angry] to say the least but that was the breaking point. She forced him into counseling."

..................................snip..............................

Jury selection is set to begin Feb. 15, Circuit Judge Milton Wharton expects to rule on the hearsay motion later this week

<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I heard this evening that the Coleman 'hearsay comments' will be allowed to be used in court. I am wondering if this will take place during the February trial? Can anyone explain how the law works concerning these things? So many of us are grateful that these will be allowed in court. Will this hurry the trial on a little or will things continue at a snail's speed?

I heard this on the major news stations. It has also been posted online, on 2 and 5 at least. Also read Nick Pistor's article this morning on STL today and almost all the 20 or so comments agreed with allowing this information. How could they not? They have time, persons contacted, and actual comments Sheri made to many of those close to her? Would anyone knowledgeable share what the procedure is as far as the February trial and further? Thank you.

Sheri, Garrett, and Gavin, we will never forget you.

TY overtheriver! This is great news! :dance:

http://www.kplr11.com/news/ktvi-jud...say-evidence-121310,0,4298838.story?track=rss

It used to be that hearsay was never allowed in court because the victim was dead and therefore could not be questioned by the defense. It has kept victims from speaking out from beyond the grave for DECADES!

According to the above link, this will allow at least one person to tell the court that Sheri said if she ended up dead, Chris did it!

:woohoo: Thank you judge! Way to let Sheri speak!!!

Continue about December hearing here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122529"]Judge to review hearsay evidence on December 27th, 2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Bringing this post over from the other thread:

I heard this evening that the Coleman 'hearsay comments' will be allowed to be used in court. I am wondering if this will take place during the February trial? Can anyone explain how the law works concerning these things? So many of us are grateful that these will be allowed in court. Will this hurry the trial on a little or will things continue at a snail's speed?

I heard this on the major news stations. It has also been posted online, on 2 and 5 at least. Also read Nick Pistor's article this morning on STL today and almost all the 20 or so comments agreed with allowing this information. How could they not? They have time, persons contacted, and actual comments Sheri made to many of those close to her? Would anyone knowledgeable share what the procedure is as far as the February trial and further? Thank you.

Sheri, Garrett, and Gavin, we will never forget you.

The defense says "They're hearsay and they don't fit into any exception," O'Gara said. "They violate the sixth amendment right to cross examine witnesses."

I hate this crap! This is one reason I could never be a criminal defense attorney. HOW can you say that the victim who is dead isn't allowed to speak?????????

Sheri would have known more than anyone else! LET HER SPEAK! :furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member