trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #112

Status
Not open for further replies.
somebody help me out. if i have to wait too long for clarification, i may get a migraine....or start thinking about suicide. LOL.

WHEN were these emails written by chris and sky hughes that she's talking about? i KNOW about the misunderstanding when they thought the pedophile letters were real after TA's death, but are these emails something before that? as in DURING the relationship between JA and TA? did we get DATES for this exchange?

If you're talking about the email where either Chris or Sky Hughes admonished Travis for being "abusive" to JA, they were written to Travis while he and JA were a fairly new couple. Chris Hughes testified about that email at the prosecutorial misconduct hearing at the beginning of the trial.

Originally Posted by lil_buddy
Letter to Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office re. discrimination against men by the County Domestic Violence Council.

ALV is named in this complaint.

View attachment DVC_DA_complaint.pdf

Characterizes LaViolette's attitude as "only men are perps, only women are victims”.

Did I call that or what?

It's a shame that Travis Alexander wasn't black, then the Defense Team could have brought in an expert witness from the Aryan Nation to tell us "how those people are".

Yes, LaViolette operates under cover of being an "advocate" for victims. And she has a lot in common with Jodi Arias, kindred spirits really, in that the path she has taken is that of passive-aggression and manipulation.

She simply practices a form of bigotry that is, sadly, not only socially accepted, unquestioned, but often encouraged.

HLN's cameras kept coming on the other Katie (DD) during that hearing when Jean whatshername went to the stand, pretty sure she is the one in the pic.
I wish Nurmi would have gotten a fan on the stand that said they loved Juan because they too had lost a family member like Travis and respected his quest for JUSTICE!

There are millions of people abused in childhood, adulthood--recovered and survivors, broke the cycle-- ...whatever...we don't commit viscous murder! This Alyce woman offends me greatly, has she talked about her own life experiences? of abuse? How would she know anything then? She is too busy taking money for testiphoney.

I was just in the process of answering this in the previous thread.

I'll give it to Jodi's lawyer today, she was pretty successful rehabbing Samuels on the book thing...through this witness.

I think only temporarily. If Juan even bothers to go there, I bet he asks for the title of every one of those books and the subject.

I would love to see him ask her if any or all of them contain the DV catch phrases that Arias liberally splattered her testimony with. :floorlaugh:

I Refuse to believe that any of these Jurors have not seen, heard, had a friend Or in a similar situation themselves to sum up what their relationship was and why it ended up the way it did..
Well, except for the Juror that asked what '*advertiser censored*' meant :fence: if was a sarcastic question.. hats off to he/she :rocker:

MOO

Someone asked on the previous thread about the website for the court schedule. Here's the link to the main page of the Maricopa County Courts. Click on "case history" and enter Jodi Arias. This will provide all the actions taken so far in the case and the schedule is near the bottom of the page. It goes through April 3 and indicates 10:30AM start time, but the Judge asked if they could start at 9:30.

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.g...rtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2008-031021

From Lil Buddy's PDF discovery:

After the Rodriguez's meeting with Steinberg35, the AFCC conference contains several local people, one of them is Alyce LaViolette 36 , a well known advocate for “only men are perps, only women are victims”, whose lecture appears first on the brochure37.

Yup ... what have we been saying ...

Nurmi told Shy Hugues that the pedo letters that Jodi faked (and had mama try to sell them to NE) were true and that was what Sky was talking about. Chris H mentioned Nurmi lying to Sky about them when he was on the stand with the crap about Gus saying there was a person in his car that heard Chris trying to intimidate a witness. It bit Nurmi on the butt.

So ladies if the guy doesn't want to "date" just you he's abusive? Hell I thought is was because you weren't that one special person for him?

And this crap about Juan and the people that admire him...I wonder if the DT were standing outside and saw a crowd heading towards them and they thought OH boy we're famous and the crowd went on by and wanted to see Juan? Sour grapes again?

Just a rant over this witness and her expert ($$$$) opinions.

If you're talking about the email where either Chris or Sky Hughes admonished Travis for being "abusive" to JA, they were written to Travis while he and JA were a fairly new couple. Chris Hughes testified about that email at the prosecutorial misconduct hearing at the beginning of the trial.

do you recall what chris said about it? i don't!

Posting this in the new thread since by the time I finished writing it the old thread got closed...

this is impacting the jury! evidence never heard and info allegedly about ta being abusive with others by his closest friends wth were they thinking.....this is bad folks. and the jury is going to sit on it 4 days. :furious:

There is a universe of difference between being emotionally abusive and physically abusive. Travis was unfortunately emotionally abusive to the women he dated by not telling them where they really stood with them in whatever the relationship was, not telling them about other women he was seeing, using Jodi for sex and saying mean things about her behind her back, etc. But all of that is just typical "player" male bad behavior that we all know well and have probably dealt with ourselves with men we've dated or had serious relationships with.

NONE of this crap matters to this case. Jodi's claim is that he PHYSICALLY abused her which never happened, and she claimed it was PHYSICAL abuse of her that caused her to be so frightened for her life that she had no choice but to kill him.

JODI was the one who wanted a relationship with him that she knew she couldn't have and refused to allow him to exit the relationship by repeatedly stalking him, showing up where she wasn't invited, sneaking into his home, threatening other women around him, and she decided to kill him because he didn't want to continue with even the sex relationship with her anymore.

The jury is not going to be swayed by this silly woman. They know Jodi sold her a hill of beans as she always has and has even done during her own testimony. They also know that though he treated her badly by using her for sex he never physically abused her nor did he ever initiate any physical abuse of her that caused her to have to kill him to save herself from his killing her. There's no question that the Hughes thought he was abusive to her because of his using her for sex even though it was always HER that aggressively pursued sex with him in order to try to manipulate him into having the relationship that SHE wanted with him and he DIDN'T want with her.

If anyone had a right to feel emotional abused - or more appropriately - USED by him it was his ex-girfriend who while he was boinking Jodi was trying to convincer her to marry him and that she never new about his cheating with Jodi until after he was dead.

And the one thing with all the endless babbling from this woman for days that she never once even hinted at and that we all know is true is that physical abusers are never only physically abusive to only one woman but abuse all the women in all the relationships they have with them. There is no question that there is not one single woman that Travis dated who claims he was ever physically abusive with THEM.

One thing I assumed from ALV even before she spoke a word in this trial is that there is no woman she has EVER come across that claims she's been physically abused that she will not believe. She is so steeped in her interest in this subject that she is incapable of questioning whether or not any woman that claims physical abuse could possibly be lying about it. I've seen the same thing with rape survivor advocates... there is not EVER a woman that they have ever come across that claims they were raped that they are capable of questioning that claim... if she claims it, it MUST be true despite all evidence to the contrary.

I can see Chris and sky Hughes being called on rebuttal now.

I am beyond pizzed at this.

Can Juan bring up that sky only said whatever is in that email after the DT lied to them about the forged letters?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Ok I sure hope Martinez calls the Hughes up in rebuttal. This is ridiculous that their words can be twisted like this. Isn't this why there is a hearsay rule.

Let the Hughes explain that all they wanted was for Travis to get married and settle down. That because of their religious beliefs they felt Travis should be looking to get married and thought his childhood might be hindering is ability to commit.

This is bull****

I think team Jodi's brain is scrambled or in the fog if they think they will get a mistrial for Jodi.. she will go back to her cell and magically pray o sorry I mean magically speak it into existence.. Not gonna happen
JM speaks the truth,fights for good.. We all know Good trumps evil..
Lets all speak into existence that she will get the dp help clear her fog..

What happened to Katie W?

Nothing so far. I don't think anything will happen. She was in the backround of the pic Juan was in. Nurmi wanted to know if she was employed by HLN. They are questioning the jury to see if any witnessed this picture taking. It's all rather petty if you ask me.

I can see Chris and sky Hughes being called on rebuttal now.

I am beyond pizzed at this.

Can Juan bring up that sky only said whatever is in that email after the DT lied to them about the forged letters?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

but that's not what she's referring to. the emails she's talking about were written in january, 2007.

But if a someone on the jury saw it.could it cause a mistrial?

No, absolutely not. If the defense wants to raise a stink about it, which they are obviously, they'll simply remove the one juror. They've got six alternates that's what they're for.

I don't know what they are trying to prove with Juans pic with the lady with the Kane. He looked like he was very surprised and did not say much of anything. The lady said most of it. Now to JA..She has been looking at Katie for a while in court. She probably knows that she is not on her side. Besides that, Katie is a very attractive blond getting a lot of attention. On the other hand JA...well I just won't say. JA IMO does not want Katie in the court. Not the sole reason for the ruckus today but JA is jealous and for a lack of better words, wants to stick it to her.

The DT is simply fishing for cause for a mistrial. >YAWN!<
JM is not that stupid.
I figured that when the judge called them to approach the bench, she asked Nurmi, "Seriously, dude ... WTF?"
Then the issue was quickly dropped.

Why in the world don't they just read the email between Travis and the Hughes and JA?

Bringing my post over from the last thread to get some insight :)

Another question...let's say, hypothetically *ahem* someone on a certain website that supports JA sent a supportive email to Dr. Samuels. He replied. Even though no specific info was given about the case from Dr.Samuels, isn't that wrong? Communicating with a witness that could be re-called at some point? ESPECIALLY since no one on the witness list(s) should be watching/listening/hearing about the trial?

He was excused, and since he's communicated publically about it now he can't be recalled.

Nothing so far. I don't think anything will happen. She was in the backround of the pic Juan was in. Nurmi wanted to know if she was employed by HLN. They are questioning the jury to see if any witnessed this picture taking. It's all rather petty if you ask me.

She also got her picture taken with Juan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500