Trial Discussion Thread #46 - 14.07.7, Day 37

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are all making me nervous this morning. I am about ready to chew my fingers off and I do not bite my nails!

D replies there are three parts to his evidence but doesn't really explain how that's objective.

Nel's talking about Derwent's conflict of interest. Nel says it's totally subjective the way he described it.

WTH is Nel asking him about - what's not in the bail application?

N: My brief was to detail my experience with Mr P...that is totally subjective, the way you described it.

D: I'm not sure

But then conceded 'my experiences' is subjective.

Derwent say observations can be objective observations.

Nel accusing witness of being subjective because he is OP's doc. Nel wants to equate Derman with family members because he is so close to OP...thus preventing objectivity.

They are all making me nervous this morning. I am about ready to chew my fingers off and I do not bite my nails!

Me too! I am about to pull my hair out - I don't think I've ever been agitated like this watching a trial!

N: If Mr P was a family member, would you have had a problem with giving evidence?

D: Yes.

N: Why would you draw a line between this man who you spent a lot of time with, travelled with...

D: Very simply, because he's not a family member..

I thought we went over this already (at length) on Thursday re: conflict of interest and whether a treating doctor can testify

Nel argues "You're unable to be objective because you're a treating physician".

N: You are not a psychologist or psychiatrist...you won't venture into their territory?

D: Correct.

Nel asks if you've consulted with Dr Fine re the findings.
Derwent met with Fine before the period of observation.

OP's sister sitting in huge, white fur coat. Is it cold in SA?

Derwent has spoken with Fine after the findings.

REALLY.

Me too! I am about to pull my hair out - I don't think I've ever been agitated like this watching a trial!

And here I was blaming the pecan pie with cool whip I just ate for the sugar rush to keep me awake here at 2:04 a.m.

OP's sister sitting in huge, white fur coat. Is it cold in SA?

I think it must be. June Steenkamp and the lady sitting beside her were wearing heavy coats on Thursday.

N: On the psychological tests, are you qualified to comment/testify on that?

D: In as much as results go....you would have to be skilled in psychometric testing....

Nel repeats the question. Says D won't answer properly.

D: I am commenting on an interpetation of test....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname