Trial Discussion Thread #6 - 14.03.13-14, Day 9-10

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is the Colonel just making it up as he goes along?

Roux is hammering home a date, 30th April, when Col testified yesterday he asked about the missing pieces.

Col is now saying he can't really recollect who he asked, or even if he asked?

Yes, it's not supposed to happen while he's in the middle of his testimony - that would be like Nel asking to take a break to speak to the witness while Roux is questioning. You can't do that.

not similar at all, really..

Vermulen is, after all, the states witness..

you can bet that Oscar will be allowed to consult with Roux should he give testimony overnight.

Roux may not actually get to the evidence until lunchtime.... after lunch.. ..heh..

Col: I just vaguely remember a conversation where I mentioned the missing pieces.

R: It's not a mention, you said yesterday you ASKED about it...

Why is the Col. standing? Is that normal? I've seen other witnesses sitting. And why am I up so late watching this? LOL

Mel

Roux will run out of variations on the same question .... has to happen sometime today.

Nels objecting.. it was only a matter of time..

he wants Roux to make clear when he showed the photos of body bags and splinters...

It seems like Roux is really going out of his way to intentionally confuse this witness, who is unfortunately confusable. Even I'm confused reading this. I am not sure why what Roux is asking is so important... what does it have to do with the bat marks the Col. testified about?

Roux fumbling a bit.. says he will come back to, because that is his instrutions.. ( from Oscar )

Judge tells him. well. you better come back to it. meanwhile..

Nel objects and apologises for doing it.

Says pics of March 8th were not shown to witness. Pic of body bag and splinters. Roux says he will get those photos. AA

Nel objects. Not exhibit AA. Witness has not been shown these photos.

Roux withdraws question.

He snuck that one in cleverly, but Nel caught him!

Judge: Just one minute, I'm getting a little confused. What are you talking about?

Col and Roux then explain they are talking about the body bag.

judge interjects.. is this the body bag from the 15th of april?... nels interrupts the judge!!.. ha.. Roux says, well. it LOOOKS like it..

Vermulen says.. it may not be ..

Sometimes the judge's questions and comments leave me concerned that she is not completely following - or maybe not properly hearing all the testimony

bit of a rocket under Roux there.. he smoothly moves on PDQ..

back to the door.. erecting the door at the ballistics..

was it not necessary for you, Vermulen to go BACK to the house??\

Col.V.... assisted at the house 8th march..

talking about two different dates. 8th march, 15 April. one at the house, one at the ballistics centre

Roux reading witness his evidence from yesterday.

Says witness had no trouble saying "We put up the door" until confronted about missing pieces, when he tried to move away from that.

Sometimes the judge's questions and comments leave me concerned that she is not completely following - or maybe not properly hearing all the testimony

I have the same concerns.

IMO this man is just not good at finding appropriate words to explain what he actually means and Roux is challenging him on every word he has uttered in his replies.

Col v didn't disassemble the door, didn't unwrap the door at the ballistics centre.

Roux.. did you HELP assemble the door??

Col.V... has gone over it in his mind..

on the 15th.. the panels were not held in place by that little strip.. it was held in place by tape.. now, it is held in place by little tiny nails.. ( because it has to be moved around and into court, I presume )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamabee1221