Trial Discussion Thread #6 - 14.03.13-14, Day 9-10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Witness talking about how they held little strip of door together with sellotape.

Roux
1. You started off saying we put the door up
2. You said the door was already in position
3. You thought overnight about it and decided door was already in position
4. (I didn't catch that one)

R: You said "I was only there to work on the cricket bat marks on the door and you wouldn't bother with other marks'

Col: That's correct. I was not bothered Milady.

I don't have any trouble following Vermulen.. ... I think he is doin fine..

Roux is trying to get around the fact, that Col V did not, and would not, read Oscars version of events. .( bail hearing stuff, etc)

Roux trying to disprove witness statement from yesterday when he said he was as much in the service of the accused as the state. Seems to be succeeding reaally.

aha.... getting to the guts of it here... Roux proposes that Col V is obliged to absorb Oscar s version of events..

Col V says no.. his investigation had finished by then..

Roux saying that witness said yesterday he read through OP's bail statement, but I recall him saying he 'scanned' it.

R: You were only focused on the marks caused by the cricket bat?

Col: That's correct...not my intention to investigate other marks.

ANd the Col is correct in this.. his investigation was for the State.. Oscar was the accused by then.

ok.. ROUX is trying to portray Col v as having read the entire version of Oscar...

Roux wants the Col to agree that the Col took on board Oscars version re the prosthesis.

Col. V disa grees.. .

Col V .. his sole investigation was in regard to cricket bat marks... OTHER investigations went on with the bullet holes , other marks..

the cricket bat matter was solely Col V;s brief

This is such a good example of what happens when a witness gives testimony that is a little embellished to make the witness look not so bad - it comes back to bite them every time. I would not even try saying anything to Roux unless I was absolutely certain about it's accuracy.

Col was asked to investigate damage on OP's prosthesis, on shin.

Roux saying that witness said yesterday he read through OP's bail statement, but I recall him saying he 'scanned' it.

The first time he said he read it - later in his testimony he said he scanned it. And today he's said he scanned a page or two.

Roux wants to know why he did that when he was only interested in cricket marks.

Col responds he was not asked to investigate the leg......except that mark on it.

Now Roux seems to have shown witness was interested in other marks, investigated mark on leg, but did not try and find corresponding mark on door?

he did get one of Oscars legs..

his separate task.. the leg of Oscars... the mark on the shin of one leg.. a separate issue to the cricket bat marks..

Roux fumbling a bit..

Roux is onto the mark he says Oscar made on the door with his foot.

Col V doesn't agree.. its very important, says the Col. not necessarily a mark of Oscars foot on the door.. ( false foot sorry )

Col V not convinced its Oscars foot..
making the mark on the door.

No evidence presented to Col V to convince him that is Oscars foot mark on the door.

LOL Roux is doing a good job of pointing out the Col's somewhat ridiculous speculations. He is clearly not in the service of the defendant as well as the State

Col: I'm not convinced that the mark on the door is a mark caused by a prosthetic foot'

R: If that was in fact a mark caused by a prosthetic foot, it tells a story, doesn't it?

Roux claims the mark on the door.. is Oscar's false foot..

Col v says no.

Roux says.. could it be possible?? Col V isn't that sure... repeats .. he isn't convinced

Col repeats. that mark could have come when the panel was on the floor smashed, and Oscar, on his prosthesis, was dragging Reevas body out of the toilet.

R: We requested your files yesterday and they consisted of three files.

Marks their exhibit numbers. Something's coming here methinks.....

Roux... What us your first file, colonel??

Colonel. the one marked with a one..

I am feeling empathy dread for the Colonel. I think he's about to get smacked around some more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname