Trial - Ross Harris #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frist says "what bothers me about that noon figure" is that at the temperature it was at the time, the low 90s, Cooper would have likely been alive. "He would have been uncomfortable," but alive.

Thanks to all who are updating. I chose not to listen this morning, as this testimony is unbearable. :(

They should run it continuously 24/7 in his cell for the rest of his life.

If Cooper's death was accidental, I imagine the realization (if the ME is accurate) that he might still have been able to save Cooper at lunchtime will haunt him for the rest of his life, no reminders required.

Frist says "what bothers me about that noon figure" is that at the temperature it was at the time, the low 90s, Cooper would have likely been alive. "He would have been uncomfortable," but alive.

Yes, we get the point, Mr. ME. That it "bothers you" isn't exactly a medical opinion, eh?

There was no gases emanating from Cooper, the defense pointed out.

“He’s in there, he’s breathing, he’s sweating and he’s urinated,” Frist said. Plus in the time leading up to death, the sphincter releases, so there is gas that may have escaped, Frist said.

So there weren’t decomposition smells per se, Frist said he believes. But he does believe that especially as it got to around 4 o’clock in the afternoon when the temperature in the car would have been hot, there would have the stale odor of someone who’s been breathing, sweating, urinating, Frist said.

“There was a different smell than normal,” he said.

Frist says doll used to recreate the scene was "very close" to the size Cooper was the day he died. He says it may have been a maximum of a half inch off one way or the other.

The information you had from police from the very beginning was that Harris left Cooper in the car, the defense attorney said. Yes, Frist said.

The autopsy can’t tell us what was going on in Harris’ mind, the attorney said.

I would think inexperienced civilian witnesses would refrain, if for no other reason they'd be afraid of being caught out by sharp attorneys because what they heard made them unintentionally deviate from expected testimony.

Personally, though, I think Stoddard might be paying a great deal of attention to testimony. :D

Of course he is. ;)

Cooper had partially digested food, including potatoes. “He may have had digested juices in his stomach, and he may have passed gas,” Frist said.

Since abrasions were in multiple locations, it means he’s moving about and must have felt them at some point, Frist said.

I was watching on Facebook live steam https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=332913873732427&id=133874403636376
I didn't know that you could swipe right to disable the comments from FB users scrolling on the screen. The testimony was brutal but the noxious comments from the trolls joking and arguing was insufferable. Others explained to me to swipe right when I asked. Whew! Just had to share with you all so you don't have to experience that particular nightmare.
Ross was dressed nicely in a suit with his hair neatly in place. It was the best I have ever seen him look. His face was furrowed through several minutes of testimony and he did break down when the ME was talking about Coopers time of death and the possibility he was alive still at noon. Ross was sobbing into his hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to everyone watching and updating. I can't bring myself to watch this testimony. Your posts are much appreciated!!

Could any of the abrasions have occurred after his death when he was moved from the car, put on the ground for CPR, the defense asked? Yes, it’s possible, Frist said.

The court is now out for lunch break.

I was watching on Facebook live steam https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=332913873732427&id=133874403636376
I didn't know that you could swipe right to disable the comments from FB users scrolling on the screen. The testimony was brutal but the noxious comments from the trolls joking and arguing was insufferable. Others explained to me to swipe right when I asked. Whew! Just had to share with you all so you don't have to experience that particular nightmare.
Ross was dressed nicely in a suit with his hair neatly in place. It was the best I have ever seen him look. His face was furrowed through several minutes of testimony and he did break down when the ME was talking about Coopers time of death and the possibility he was alive still at noon. Ross was sobbing into his hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And unlike some defendants in recent murder trials I've watched, his demeanor didn't change after the jury left the room. Standing there afterwards, he looked devastated, imo.

CvD05szWIAAdI3K.jpg%20large.jpg

Justin Ross Harris breaks down while listening to a description of what his son's Cooper would have felt in the final hours before his death.

OMG I couldn't live with the thought that I was responsible for my child suffering this!! There would have to have been NO trial...I would have left this earth of my own volition to escape the nightmare....

OMG I couldn't live with the thought that I was responsible for my child suffering this!! There would have to have been NO trial...I would have left this earth of my own volition to escape the nightmare....

I genuinely understand that sentiment (and have thought the same thing), but in RH's reality, he was handcuffed and detained within minutes of discovering Cooper was dead, and has been jailed ever since.

I don't believe he killed Cooper on purpose, and everything else aside, I imagine his waking moments have been living hell since 4:20pm on June 18, 2014.

He was handcuffed and placed in the back of a police vehicle because he wouldn't answer any questions and he screamed and cursed at officers on the scene.

I have no sympathy for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members