Trial - Ross Harris #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was handcuffed and placed in the back of a police vehicle because he wouldn't answer any questions and he screamed and cursed at officers on the scene.

I have no sympathy for him.

Agree!

So, Ross breaks down when he hears the details of how his son died and yet didn't display any remorse the day this all happened! MOO!

ME testifying that if the car was in the low 90 degree range - cooper would have been alive at lunch.

Edited to say- wonder who will testify about the temp of the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am more than a little bit skeptical that the temperature of the car was only in the low 90s. Based purely on my experience of living in Atlanta, I would guess the temperature to be closer to 110.

During the month of June, my kids have swim team each morning from 9-11. The temperature inside the car was always over 100 when we returned to the car at 11.

Agree!

So, Ross breaks down when he hears the details of how his son died and yet didn't display any remorse the day this all happened! MOO!

Exactly, both of them, Leanna too!

"I dreaded how he would look."

‘I can’t believe this is happening to me. Why am I being punished for this?’

"But there was no malicious intent!"

‘What are we going to do? I’ll be charged with a felony.’”

"Did you say too much?!"

#*#*&$&*(#$&*(#*(&!@#&

He was handcuffed and placed in the back of a police vehicle because he wouldn't answer any questions and he screamed and cursed at officers on the scene.

Won't quibble with you about the extent of his "lack of cooperation" or the reasons for it, nor about LE's response to it, nor your lack of sympathy for any of it, though I disagree on every count. ;)

So when the lightbulbs were placed in the car, there is a good chance Cooper was alive?

So when the lightbulbs were placed in the car, there is a good chance Cooper was alive?

According to Frist, yes:

11:20 a.m. Frist says it's likely that Cooper was still alive when Harris returned to his car at lunch.

"He would have been uncomfortable," but alive.

It seems like some peeps try to explain away every thing that is brought up by the State... Even to the point of creating theories of why he did this or why he did that... We are not inside his brain to know what he was thinking... We can't create stories to make theories fit.. What we do know is that this defendant did things that day against the NORM.. One of those were to leave his son strapped in in his car. I have even heard some say they think he was going to go and punch in and then come back out to get him... IF he was going to do that he WOULD have done that... A quick punch and right back out the door would have been reality...

JMO

"Did you say too much?!"

#*#*&$&*(#$&*(#*(&!@#&

From the snippet the defense showed during openings, I think the defense will play a LE video segment demonstrating LE's description of RH's lack of emotion and remorse and utter self absorbtion was false. He sobbed, body heaving, actually, and spoke of Cooper, not himself, when he and his wife were finally allowed to see each other for the first time after Cooper died. I'm sure both were in shock for a whole lot longer than the few minutes that each seem to have been allotted before behaving as others assume they would in that incomprehensible situation.

What I didn't know and always wanted to, was how long it took from his house to CFA. I was listening to some of the testimony last night on YouTube and, correct me if I'm wrong and didn't hear it right, but it took roughly 15-20 minutes and somehow he didn't forget Cooper. In fact he got him out of his car seat and carried him into CFA (unusual). Then after strapping him in his car seat, drives off and in less than a minute or so he FORGETS??? Why or why didn't he forget him when going into CFA? Why didn't he take Cooper to daycare first, then go to CFA?

"Did you say too much?!"

#*#*&$&*(#$&*(#*(&!@#&

Exactly. How in world could these things be said on the same day you find your child dead in your/your husband's car - when he is the one that left his child there.
I would like to hear RH and LH answer to this?

Are we going to hear testimony on the test the detectives did regarding the temperature in the car? I think it was done a week later and the outside temperature was similar to the temp on the day Cooper died. There is NO WAY I believe this ME saying the temp in the car at noon was in the lower 90's. This was June in the hot summer in the South and you only have to be in a car for a few minutes with the windows rolled up before you start sweating quite a lot. High humidity plays a huge factor in how high the temperature rise.

Same.

OMG I couldn't live with the thought that I was responsible for my child suffering this!! There would have to have been NO trial...I would have left this earth of my own volition to escape the nightmare....

I remember a few yrs ago.... one dad struggled with the responding LEO, trying to get his gun from his holster. He was begging the cop to kill him.

I think it took some time for the car to heat up in the morning hours and Cooper would have died sometime after lunch. Many people here and elsewhere speculated that this was the case: Cooper still alive but barely by the time RH went to the car during lunch. He did not want to drive to Publix. Why? It was either his car or another buddy's car. Why drop off lightbulbs? It's not like it was a huge box to lug around in and out of the office. Just a small bag. I want to see the video of him at the car again. I know he didn't put his head in there. But he was there. Cooper may have heard him. Did it look like he said anything while at the car? This is so disturbing. Life tries so hard to hang on, to function, to keep going. RIP Cooper.

Are we going to hear testimony on the test the detectives did regarding the temperature in the car? I think it was done a week later and the outside temperature was similar to the temp on the day Cooper died. There is NO WAY I believe this ME saying the temp in the car at noon was in the lower 90's. This was June in the hot summer in the South and you only have to be in a car for a few minutes with the windows rolled up before you start sweating quite a lot. High humidity plays a huge factor in how high the temperature rise.

I too hope we hear this testimony- but to be clear the ME stated someone "told" him about the temperature. He was basing his opinion on that. I think this is one of those cases where they (hopefully) have someone else that is prepared to testify about those facts as this witness was not called upon to do so.

I genuinely understand that sentiment (and have thought the same thing), but in RH's reality, he was handcuffed and detained within minutes of discovering Cooper was dead, and has been jailed ever since.

I don't believe he killed Cooper on purpose, and everything else aside, I imagine his waking moments have been living hell since 4:20pm on June 18, 2014.

I wish so much that I could also think that, but I remember him asking the female officer how long had she been employed with LE and telling someone that 'there was no malicious intent". If my child is lying there dead, and I know I caused it, there is no way my mind could be thinking of anything else.
JMO

... or Leanna wanting to see ross as soon as she found out Cooper passed.

I don't get that at all, the first thing I'd want to see is my child, whether or not they were still alive.

I'd deal with my husband at some point later on, but I'd certainly want to rush to my child's side at the very least.

I wish so much that I could also think that, but I remember him asking the female officer how long had she been employed with LE and telling someone that 'there was no malicious intent". If my child is lying there dead, and I know I caused it, there is no way my mind could be thinking of anything else.
JMO

He also made some comment about these aren't the type of handcuffs he is used to using. :what:

I can't listen to this testimony. For anyone listening to the whole thing, could you please post whether or not he mentions "deprivation of sustenance"? That's what LE said on the 18th they assumed the cause of death to be, and why their search warrants on the 18th cited the charge of 1st degree CC and felony murder.

I was thinking about that the other day when you mentioned it. They would have known RH's movements by then and of his visit to CFA. Deprivation of sustenance here must relate to fluids.

Jackson says they had a hard time getting medical records on Cooper because Leanna Harris was uncooperative, refused to give him her son's history. She told him he would need to talk to the Cobb police department or her attorney. Jackson said he had to subpoena Cooper’s medical records from Kaiser Permanente.
<rsbm>
Another reason I have a very difficult time relating to this woman. What possible reason could she have to play hardball with anyone investigating the death of her son? If 100 people ask you questions about him, answer them, simple as that. Everything about her has been off to me.

Whether Cooper had been left accidentally or on purpose, Cooper would have experienced the same trauma and death, the defense pointed out. Yes, Frist said.

It&#8217;s unknown exactly how long it took Cooper to reach a dangerous heat level and how long it took him to die.

I&#8217;ve been told that the temperature was only in the low 90s in the car at around noon, Frist said. &#8220;If that&#8217;s true, he could have survived that,&#8221; he said.

bbm
Only? 90 degrees in a car without air conditioning is horrendous to me. If anyone has suffered heat-stroke, they'll be aware just how awful the 'beginning' of Cooper's ordeal was. It's anger producing, this testimony. I'm sitting on my hands with the rest of my thoughts. For now.

"Did you say too much?!"

#*#*&$&*(#$&*(#*(&!@#&

Yeah, those thoughts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors