Trial - Ross Harris #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did RH say that LH would not leave HIM? TIA never heard that myself. I heard he wouldn't leave her and hurt Cooper.

He said he deserved to be divorced. IMO his behaviors show he was unwilling or unable to fix his sex addiction. In some ways IMO he was trying to get her to divorce him. But LH will never do it. Marriage is FOREVER to her. JMO but it terrified him thinking he'd be stuck in a sexless marriage....having to hide his secret life FOREVER
MOO

I'm all the way off the fence. IMO Cooper's death was an accident, and Ross Harris had no idea his baby was in the car until he saw him when making that right hand turned.

The only fog here is the fog of confirmation bias that clouded Stoddard's mind from the first hour of his investigation all the way through his turn on the stand, when he still maintained that RH spoke with during that 6 minute butt dialed call was a mystery to him, and when he didn't even have the decency to stop insinuating Leanna was involved, despite being cleared by LE.

Shameful.

Yes and Raisse and Stockenger too. Now I know what Kilgore meant. Why the hell didn't they let her have someone with her? AT that point? So Stoddard saying she was a suspect when they first met with the lady?? OMG

I'm all the way off the fence. IMO Cooper's death was an accident, and Ross Harris had no idea his baby was in the car until he saw him when making that right hand turned.

The only fog here is the fog of confirmation bias that clouded Stoddard's mind from the first hour of his investigation all the way through his turn on the stand, when he still maintained that RH spoke with during that 6 minute butt dialed call was a mystery to him, and when he didn't even have the decency to stop insinuating Leanna was involved, despite being cleared by LE.

Shameful.

Yup. And still hoping Ross can sue them for malicious prosecution

Well honestly that would be correct. JMHO. As in Cooper is no longer alive to be a Daddy to. No snark. But if she said is a good said is that would mean something totally diff to me.
I lost my 22 yr old child 9 years ago. I still talk about him in the present tense. I actually try to not do that, but it is still what comes naturally. but that's just me.

Leanna is very pretty. How does JRH get these pretty women?!

So her very first thought was that he had left Cooper in the car? It must have happened before for her to think that was the only possible reason Cooper wasn't at daycare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. Her very first thought was the daycare teacher who told her Cooper wasn't there that day had to be joking, because it didn't make any sense. She couldn't make any sense of what she was hearing. She left the room, etc. etc.

As opposed to what the State wanted the public to believe: that the daycare worker told Leanna, Cooper isn't here, he was never dropped off, and Leanna replied immediately and calmly- oh. Ross must have left him in the car.

And, NO. It had not happened before that RH left Cooper in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post
contradicting info r.e. divorce. He stated in texts to other women that he wanted a divorce and she wouldn't leave him. Now she says she would have divorced him.
Quote Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
When did RH say that LH would not leave HIM? TIA never heard that myself. I heard he wouldn't leave her and hurt Cooper.

He said he deserved to be divorced. IMO his behaviors show he was unwilling or unable to fix his sex addiction. In some ways IMO he was trying to get her to divorce him. But LH will never do it. Marriage is FOREVER to her. JMO but it terrified him thinking he'd be stuck in a sexless marriage....having to hide his secret life FOREVER
MOO

I understand what has been testified to and what the text messages read into the record said. My comment was to the OP who said that "Originally Posted by matou View Post
contradicting info r.e. divorce. He stated in texts to other women that he wanted a divorce and she wouldn't leave him. Now she says she would have divorced him" So when did RH tell anyone that he wanted a divorce and LH wouldn't leave RH? Again TIA

She says the only thing that made sense to her, based on what she knew that day, is that her husband must have left her in the car.

Leanna says she tried to call Harris every 2-3 minutes, but never got him on the phone.

Leanna says the news was on in the lobby but she never saw what was on the TV.

Leanna says as she sat there her phone rang and it was a detective. They told her to stay put and they would come to her. "I said, 'It's bad isn't it?' And he said, 'Yeah it's bad.'"

She said it's happened before that the check-in didn't show up so why wouldn't her first thought be ' There must be a misunderstanding,Ross must have picked him up'. Not 'He must have left him in the car'.

No. Her very first thought was the daycare teacher who told her Cooper wasn't there that day had to be joking, because it didn't make any sense. She couldn't make any sense of what she was hearing. She left the room, etc. etc.

As opposed to what the State wanted the public to believe: that the daycare worker told Leanna, Cooper isn't here, he was never dropped off, and Leanna replied immediately and calmly- oh. Ross must have left him in the car.

And, NO. It had not happened before that RH left Cooper in the car.

I didn't see anywhere that said she was calm.

I lost my 22 yr old child 9 years ago. I still talk about him in the present tense. I actually try to not do that, but it is still what comes naturally. but that's just me.

So sorry for your loss. In this context I was under the impression was talking about RH was a good Daddy *in past tense* Maybe I misunderstood.

again, how is her testimony helping Ross? Why bother with putting her on the stand only to have the prosecution get to her.

She divorced him last year, very telling, the prosecution is going to be all over that fact as well as her interview with Ross.

Yes and Raisse and Stockenger too. Now I know what Kilgore meant. Why the hell didn't they let her have someone with her? AT that point? So Stoddard saying she was a suspect when they first met with the lady?? OMG

Yep. Maybe because she was in shock and not crying when he first saw her. He doesn't seem to require much more evidence than that to determine guilt.

So sorry for your loss. In this context I was under the impression was talking about RH was a good Daddy *in past tense* Maybe I misunderstood.

Actually, I was talking about how Leanna was talking about Ross the man, not as a dad.

Prosecutor's kind of being an *advertiser censored* with the objections. Kilgore is handling it well though.

I understand what has been testified to and what the text messages read into the record said. My comment was to the OP who said that "Originally Posted by matou View Post
contradicting info r.e. divorce. He stated in texts to other women that he wanted a divorce and she wouldn't leave him. Now she says she would have divorced him" So when did RH tell anyone that he wanted a divorce and LH wouldn't leave RH? Again TIA

IMO she has said both. She'd threaten to leave and take Cooper. Then she'd remember how her parents divorce affected her and try to make him behave. That in her opinion marriage is forever

Leanna said when she arrived at Cobb police headquarters she tried to keep herself together because, "I knew I needed to be strong for Ross."

I'm still trying to figure out how her testimony is helping the defense case.

I think they called her, because they had to. The video of them was strange. You don't want the mother of the child absent. But, testimony isn't really helpful, IMO. It doesn't necessarily harm at this point, but it's just...not adding to their defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea