trial thread: 3/21/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do have a way with words snoofer. :floorlaugh:

However that is my question too. What pants was he wearing that day? Where are they? What shirt? Where is it? How about that white hoodie or jacket?

Why didn't anyone ask TLM about his clothing?

This is what I have about clothes. Nothing specific about pants, but if he changed his shirt in the laneway, why the necessity to use the washroom to change more, unless he was also changing pants? JMO

Cynthia Mulligan‏@CityCynthia

McClintic says Rafferty's shirt went into garbage bag at lane way, he put on new shirt.

Adrian Morrow‏@AdrianMorrow

McClintic threw garbage bags in dumpsters at the car wash and the couple changed clothes in a public washroom, she said

.James Armstrong‏@jamesarmstrong7

After they washed the car. #rafferty went and changed in the convenience store bathroom. Left clothes for McClintic.

Avery Moore‏@AveryFreeFMNews

Says #Rafferty went and changed clothes, left clothes for McClintic. Basketball shorts, a t-shirt and sweater.

Incidentally, the hammer and TLM's jacket went into the same dumpster at the car wash and were never found.

Cynthia Mulligan‏@CityCynthia

they started to clean inside of vehicle, put garbage bags in dumpster and garbage can. The bags had the jacket, hammer in it.

I want to say that after watching that video I do believe her. What I don't believe is her part she was dancing around making herself look like she didnt really take part. So to me the only thing she is lying about is her roll.

She made the comment about not being able to look at her why would it have mattered if the bag was already over her head?

MOO
I too watched the video and agree with you that she was telling about 98% truth.

I am starting to believe that she did befriend TS that day in her own sick way, sorta trying to be the person she never had in her childhood, someone that loved her and took care of her (she was fantasing,obviously). Remember she was abused and lived through it, so maybe in her mind she could help TS through the abuse. She didn't think far enough into the plan to consider it could go so far. Remember, were not exactly talking about a rocket scientist.

When I think about TLM's childhood she really had no one that she could trust and who she felt loved her. When MR gave her attention she believed that someone could love her (MR) and at any cost she was willing to go along with anything to gain that love and approval. She didn't consider the reality of the situation, until it was too late. Nor did she care, love is blind you know.

However when the reality of the situation set-in she couldn't handle it, and chose to ignore it and walk away and pretend it wasn't really happening. This was her coping method at the time, this is why I believe she stumbled and took her time to remember all the gruesome details but was able to draw an almost perfect picture of the area. She doesnt want to remember that day, its too much even for her!

Have you ever been scared so you make yourself focus on other things, to take your mind off of your fear? This is why I think she knew the lay of the land so well.

They're both sick sick sick!

MOO

This is what I have about clothes. Nothing specific about pants, but if he changed his shirt in the laneway, why the necessity to use the washroom to change more, unless he was also changing pants? JMO

Incidentally, the hammer and TLM's jacket went into the same dumpster at the car wash and were never found.

So it seems MR removed his pants to avoid any DNA transfer, but threw them away anyway:waitasec: Hmmmm?

While we know what TLM said about the clothes, what I want to know is did LE ever find any of the clothes that he was seen wearing that day in his possession? Like that white hoodie or jacket in the Esso video. Or the black pea coat that Victoria was supposed to have been hiding under? I thought she said that he did wear that coat when she saw him next but did he wash it or get rid of it altogether eventually? Did TLM give a description of the shirt...or was it the white hoodie or jacket she was referring to that he threw in the garbage bag?

We have yet to see or hear about the ATM video, or a Tim Hortons video that might show everything that MR had on that day, including his shoes. Was any of that clothing ever found in his possession? Or is it missing just like the back seat of the car?

I would have thought they might have used TLM to extract some information about the clothing he was wearing but perhaps they are going to use other video tapes to show that, and whether any of that clothing is missing?

MOO

I think this is an interesting point.

TLM confessed and blamed the death on MR. She did an ASofF saying MR used the hammer. Based on this confession, she received a life sentence, which in Canada, appears to be 25 years with the possibility of parole fairly early on.

In the US - when you make a plea deal, you are supposed to be honest and if it is found out later that you were not honest, the prosecutor can motion the Court to take corrective action in the sentencing, by prolonging it where necessary. I don't think this is done often, but it is possible.

Does Canada have the same law? If TLM was thinking she was going to get parole in 10-15 years (or whatever) can the Crown now go to the court and ask that she not be eligible for the full 25 years because she lied and said she didn't kill Tori and now she says she did?

I also wonder if there was any contact between the 2 of them between TLM's 1st confession and the trial?

I tend to believe the 1st confession where she blames MR, but that is based mostly on the words and her demeanor she used when she recanted her story. Honestly, I'm on the fence over this one because I just don't understand why she is now contradicting what she said in the beginning.

Salem

There wasn't a plea deal for TLM. She pled guilty and received the mandatory sentence. There would be no reason for the Crown to go before the court and say she lied, she is already receiving the maximum sentence allowed.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-on-tori-stafford-murder-case/article1831151/

So it seems MR removed his pants to avoid any DNA transfer, but threw them away anyway:waitasec: Hmmmm?

I don't think he removed his pants because of DNA transfer...just saying. :(

MOO

I don't think he removed his pants because of DNA transfer...just saying. :(

MOO

In a prior post, I had questioned why he would need to remove them at all, why not just down to the ankles and was told by another poster, they would have been removed to avoid TS's blood getting on his pants that's why he took them off.

The psycho/death/hip hop/rapper music TLM was big on was by Necro. No wonder she was able to write the graphic, sickening letters she did. She probably got a lot of ideas from this creep. I bet you can't listen to just one of his songs all the way through, puke. Pretty morbid stuff going on in this dudes head. Cannot believe people would pay money to listen to this absolute violent trash. I know MR liked hip hop, maybe MR was big into Necro too.:what::waitasec: :moo:I was going to post a youtube link to one of his songs but they are pretty "morbid". Who's Ya Daddy is *advertiser censored*. JMHO.

Rapper Necro information
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necro_(rapper)

Glad to hear Detective Smyth, who interrogated TLM and discovered Tori's remains prodded McClintic gently, as reported by CBC reporter Melanie Nagy. This man is amazing. He certainly has that special knack for his profession. Smyth is so decorous and seems so demure and modest, but he gets the answers and confessions. He gets the job done and that is what's most important in these cases. He certainly is a hero. :tyou::loveyou:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHvQ5f6NsNc"]Court Sees Police Interrogation of Terri-Lynne McClintic - YouTube[/ame]

Do we know if MR will be taking the stand?

Is BA a witness for the prosecution or the defense?

Thanks.

We don't know if MTR will be taking the stand. Personally, I think he won't be.

So far it sounds from the Crown's opening statements that BA is one of their witnesses, however that does not mean the defence won't call her. :moo:

HTH

Especially after today's cross examination, I think that forensic evidence and even MTR's interactions with LE will be very important in determining MTR's guilt or innocence. I hope that the jury will look over the evidence will great care.

Do I have it correct that MTR and TLM were standing face to face with Tori lengthwise between them? TIA

http://www.am980.ca/Other/McClinticVideoTranscript.pdf
she had the garbage over her so it wasn’t afterwards like it was pretty much what made it easiest like he he knew what he was doing like (crying) like there was no like blood splatter like (crying)

I still believe that TLM is the one who hit Tori with the hammer so that statement makes me wonder if she is projecting even more than her actions onto MTR. I wonder if she is projecting that it was easy for her to kill a little child, so easy that it was like she had done it before. ��

The fact that they had a change of clothes spells pre-meditation! They didn't go clothes shopping too did they. MOO

The fact that they had a change of clothes spells pre-meditation! They didn't go clothes shopping too did they. MOO

It was mention in court, but Old Navy was closed. Also MR had spare clothes in his gym bag. Most ppl who use the gym reuglarly, carry spare clothes with them.

Dear Mods: Are we getting a new thread for today's trial, please? TIA

New thread...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7707737#post7707737"]trial thread: 3/22/2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500