trial thread: 3/21/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
RaffertyLFP: In the videotape the officer is advising McClintic of her rights prior to the start of statement - asking if she has talked to her lawyer [via Twitter]

@CityCynthia
  • McClintic eating something from paper bag while officer talks to her, he tells her she is under arrest. She is very calm

Wasn't this one already shown to the jury? I'm confused.

I'm happy this video confession is evidence now! JMO

@AM980_Court
  • In the first part of the video recorded at police HQ in Woodstock, McClintic is being cautioned.

In the first part of the video recorded at police HQ in Woodstock, McClintic is being cautioned.

McClintic appears to be crying in video of confession dated may 24 2009

RaffertyLFP: Later portion of video, a tearful McClintic describes the circumstances of Tori's killing

Video audio quality is poor. Difficult to hear. McClintic is crying as she explains how Tori was killed.

RaffertyLFP: Because of her crying and very poor audio quality in the videotape, McClintic is hard to understand, there is no transcript

Detective Smyth sitting very close to McClintic in video. Same detective who got confession from Russell Williams

I'm happy this video confession is evidence now! JMO

Me too! I didn't understand why it wouldn't be. It made no sense! IMO, this will show TLM's demeanor and the jury will get to decide if she lied or not.

:rocker:

@AM980_Court
  • Video audio quality is poor. Difficult to hear. McClintic is crying as she explains how Tori was killed.

@AdrianMorrow
  • As the interview goes on, Det.-Sgt. Smyth pulls his chair around the table and sits just a few feet from McClintic

Gotta go, please keep posting! xoxoxo Be back later

RaffertyLFP: Because of her crying and very poor audio quality in the videotape, McClintic is hard to understand, there is no transcript

When clips from the same police video were shown to the jury on Friday, a transcript was provided. Not the case today.

10:48 RaffertyLFP: It is same portion of the tape that the court saw last week, but this time there is not transcript on the screen

McClintic is crying in video. Seems to be hard for her to get te words out.

Detective smyth saying "just tell me what you saw"

She is telling the police Rafferty was responsible for the fatal blow with a hammer that caused Tori's death.

Now explaining to Smyth the process of putting Tori's body in garbage bags.

RaffertyLFP: Rafferty looks perturbed watching the video takes off glasses, rubs eyes [via Twitter]

Wasn't this one already shown to the jury? I'm confused.

RaffertyLFP: The court is now seeing a longer version of the May 24, 2009 statement that McClintic made to OPP investigators

BBM -same one, longer version, I think - HTH

(lurking, when I should be working)

Adrian Morrow ‏
Audio on the video is extremely muffled and hard to hear. Unlike the other day, we're not seeing any transcript/subtitles on the screen

Adrian Morro
Rafferty furrows his brow and squints at the screen as Terri-Lynne McClintic video is played. #ToriStafford

RaffertyLFP: It is same portion of the tape that the court saw last week, but this time there is not transcript on the screen

RaffertyLFP: Rafferty looks perturbed watching the video takes off glasses, rubs eyes

RaffertyLFP: McClinitic is describing how she saw Tori motionless on the ground outside the car

The judge has instructed the jury that the video statement given may 24 by 2009 by McClintic can be taken as evidence

10:57 RaffertyLFP: McClinitis says in video she saw Rafferty hit Tori "a couple of times"

She is telling the police Rafferty was responsible for the fatal blow with a hammer that caused Tori's death.

McClintic is leaning on the desk in the video. Crying. Repeatedly reaching for Kleenex

McClintic explaining where Tori's body was placed after the murder. She's crying. Still hard to hear.

Michael #rafferty seems to be staring at the video of McClintic implicating him as the one who killed Tori Stafford

RaffertyLFP: McClinitis says in video she saw Rafferty hit Tori "a couple of times

RaffertyLFP: McClinitic is describing how she saw Tori motionless on the ground outside the car

Rafferty watching the video from the prisoners box. Very focused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500