trial thread: 3/28/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that but in 2010 she was actually charged and sentenced to 25 years in jail. That means she pleaded guilty. Which means she said that she killed Tori. Right??? in Jan 2012 there was a new charged added to MR. JMO

Correct, when she went to court she was sentenced according to her statement of facts which at that point still pointed to MTR as the one that took TS's life. So, I'm not really sure why she took the 25 year sentence other than she said 'it was the right thing to do'...

IMO..........every witness that is being brought forward sheds a little more light on the lack of credibility of TLM's testimony.........and it isn't helping the Crown's case against MR.

Yesterday, it was TLM's calm demeanor in the HD store video..........today it is her testimony of going to Cambridge, cleaning the car and changing clothes........except the car wash/convenience store exist only in her mind.

She remembers several different landmarks along the route....but no car wash.

Today, there are questions about the car seat, and questions about her testimony on when and where they cleaned it and removed it.

TLM remembers everything that doesn't matter.......but nothing that does.

TLM is crafty, sinister, violent, and has no conscience. She is vindictive and a compulsive liar...........and she would have been angry at MR's rejection and repulsion of her actions.

I don't know how this will end..........but am thinking it might have been better for the Crown to ask for a postponement after TLM changed her testimony. They could have taken some time to build a case against MR, without TLM's testimony.

If they don't have serious evidence beyond TLM's testimony........their case is falling apart.

If the jury is anything like the members posting here..............

Some believe TLM's testimony and believe MR is probably guilty, and others discount TLM's testimony and find the defense theory plausible.

The Crown has to convince ALL the members of the jury........they are right.

TLM was charged with murder in 2009 but blamed MTR, then recanted Janurary 14th, 2012 I believe saying that she was the one that took Tori's life and MTR sexually assaulted TS

So TLM got charged with murder even though she credited many of the events to MTR.:waitasec:

IMO..........every witness that is being brought forward sheds a little more light on the lack of credibility of TLM's testimony.........and it isn't helping the Crown's case against MR.

Yesterday, it was TLM's calm demeanor in the HD store video..........today it is her testimony of going to Cambridge, cleaning the car and changing clothes........except the car wash/convenience store exist only in her mind.

Today, there are questions about the car seat, and questions about her testimony on when and where they cleaned it and removed it.

TLM is crafty, sinister, violent, and has no conscience. She is vindictive and a compulsive liar...........and she would have been angry at MR's rejection and repulsion of her actions.

I don't know how this will end..........but am thinking it might have been better for the Crown to ask for a postponement after TLM changed her testimony. They could have taken some time to build a case against MR, without TLM's testimony.

If they don't have serious evidence beyond TLM's testimony........their case is falling apart.

Some believe TLM's testimony and believe MR is probably guilty, and others discount TLM's testimony and find the defense theory plausible.

IMO on the bank machine video on the 8th and the one on the 9th he didn't seem to be upset looking in either one to me. But both were only a snippit of time.:twocents:

So TLM got charged with murder even though she credited many of the events to MTR.:waitasec:

Well she did abduct Tori, we know that for sure and Tori died while in the commission of another crime, in canada that equals to first degree I believe. She could have plead not guilty instead of pleading guilty, but she plead guilty, I'm not really sure why she did except that she said 'it was the right thing to do' perhaps at that point she already knew she was going to change her mind, but just wanted to make MTR suffer a bit. Who knows?

:welcome5:

Thanks for your common sense posts and for being here for Victoria.

For the most part IMO common sense tells you that when someone destroys evidence and hides a child's body they are most likely ___________. Fill in the blank.:twocents:

If Mr is guilty of all that he is being charged with he certainly was sloppy when he placed himself in all those places where there were security camera's on his way to do the dirty deed...if the intention was to rape and murder this child one would think that would be the first priority (which is usually the case in these type of crimes)...the other things could wait until after the deed was done..well all except the hammer and the garbage bags...MOO..

Some of the most heinous crimes have been solved via a traffic ticket.:twocents:

IMO the witness this morning only made TLM's story more credible, her shoes were found where she said they would be. As for MR's shoes, we have to wait for the rest of the evidence to know that. LE has done a great job of keeping things to themselves, who knew that a lady out for a walk had found the shoes?
MR's shoes could well have been found also.

I think that the Crown had enough time to regroup after TLM changed her story. If she was the centerpiece of their case against MTR without a lot of supporting evidence to back it up I don't think they should have charged him.

I love your name--->oldsoul2

bbm

I think MR fantisized for a long time about doing something sexually deviant
who knows if it's the first time he acted on it.

Fantasies sometimes involve situations which are impossible (such as the existence of magic powers) or highly unlikely, or they may be more realistic. Fantasies can also be sexual in nature. Another, more basic meaning of fantasy is something which is not real, or cannot be real.

So many crime shows are giving perps knowledge on all kinds of cover-up's tactics. It appears to get harder and harder to catch them these days

jmo

All this oxycontin and percocet testimony makes me think of that commercial....this is your brain on drugs....and they drop an egg onto the hot frying pan.....FRIED. I do not do drugs nor have I ever but my impression is druggies do a lot of fried things that a normal person would not do.:twocents:

I grew up in Cambridge and still get down there from time to time.

The box store plaza is right off the 401 with Michaels, Chucky Cheese and Old Navy - the corner of Hespeler Road and Eagle Street.

On the other side of Hespeler Road, less than two miles is a self-serve car wash with a gas bar and a really odd independent little Convenience Store - okay, I admit I am in there sometimes cause they have really cheap smokes .... its an oddity - bits and pieces of junk, candy, groceries ... and a restroom.

I really wanted to post a screenshot from GoogleMaps - but durned if I can figger it out ... but for anybody who can, the address to Google is

1551 Eagle Street North, Cambridge

Only self-serve carwash with an odd lil variety store that I know of.

Yep, I know that. But it's a more complicated procedure than merely turning off the headlights, which is all TLM said he did. There was no mention at all of MTR finding the fuse box and removing a fuse. Or putting it back in. If he knew enough to take it out, he'd know that he could get stopped and ticketed for not having them on all the way back to Woodstock.

JMO

I've totally lost track of why we're even debating this. LOL

Regarding the ATM visit at the Petro Can of MR....was the time stamp correct??? The time states 16:28(4:28), did BA not say that MR was at her house around 430?????

Regarding the ATM visit at the Petro Can of MR....was the time stamp correct??? The time states 16:28(4:28), did BA not say that MR was at her house around 430?????

I am pretty sure the time stamp was off by 37 minutes or something, he went there after BA's house.

If Mr is guilty of all that he is being charged with he certainly was sloppy when he placed himself in all those places where there were security camera's on his way to do the dirty deed...if the intention was to rape and murder this child one would think that would be the first priority (which is usually the case in these type of crimes)...the other things could wait until after the deed was done..well all except the hammer and the garbage bags...MOO..

TLM apparently was none to swift either.

Ahh, I see, thanks for clarifying. :)

I don't see why it would, she got the same sentence whether she was the killer or not.

If I understand the Crown correctly, the same will apply for MTR.

He will get the same sentence whether he was the killer or not.

JMO

Here you go, Cha. :)

560455815_o.jpg

Man you rock! I looked on the Google Streetscape and zoomed around - no dumpsters out the front ... do I need to go down there tomorrow and drive around back lol? I could maybe take a photo of the dumpster?

It is a very strange little (well, not that little) store - there are Elvis busts, earrings, candy cigarettes .... hats, whatever you can think of. The guy that owns is is very nice - so I could see him being more than agreeable to someone wanting to use his washroom. There is a pizza store, I think it is just takeout, and the little restaurant at the end would have been closed for the evening by that time.

Fast access from the plaza - straight shot, fast access back to the 401 ... I have no clue why LE didn't zero in on this place???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea