Trial Thread 4/12/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been any of Rafferty's family in court to date?

no not to my knowledge.

AM980.ca
Thanks for following the updates today. Tried to explain the DNA talk as best as possible, but it's hard to follow at times.

RaffertyLFP: Jury is coming in court is resuming

The jury is in. McLean back on the stand.

RaffertyLFP: Jennifer McLean resumes testimony court sees slide of "shaq" running shoes worn by McClinitic

Showing the jury McClintic's shoes.

RaffertyLFP: McLean said the Centre for Forensics Science was asked to test the running shoes for blood and DNA

RaffertyLFP: McLean said running shoes are usually bad for DNA testing because of heat, moisture

AM980.ca ‏ @AM980_Court
Scientists looked for both blood and other DNA.

Avery Moore ‏ @AveryFreeFMNews
Biologist Jennifer McLean is still on the stand. Speaking about the DNA testing of McClintic's SHAQ runners. No blood found.

AM980.ca ‏ @AM980_Court
Usually, running shoes produce poor DNA results. No blood was found, but hairs and fibers were.

@AM980_Court
  • Usually, running shoes produce poor DNA results. No blood was found, but hairs and fibers were.

RaffertyLFP: McLean said no blood was detected on the shoes. There wasn't enough DNA to generate a profile

AM980.ca ‏ @AM980_Court
Hairs were sent to chemistry for evaluation.

AM980.ca ‏ @AM980_Court
They also examined the size nine Puma shoes found at McClintic's home.

RaffertyLFP: Blood tests were also done on the running shoes found in McClintic's home They tested positive for blood

Those rocks where Tori was found in are piles of rocks that farmers usually pay teenagers to "rock pick" their fields in getting them ready for planting crops. I wonder if MR had ever worked for this farmer in the past and knew about this secluded area?

The farmer who owns the land there testified the other week. He didn't say anything about paying teenagers to pick rocks there for him. He made it sound like his own family does it. I believe that to be the case here as it is a Mennonite Farmer and I think most of them do the work themselves with their families.

AM980.ca ‏ @AM980_Court
Blood was found on the PUMA shoes, on the inside of the shoes.

RaffertyLFP: Blood tests were also done on the running shoes found in McClintic's home They tested positive for blood

AM980.ca ‏ @AM980_Court
There was insufficient DNA to generate results on who's blood may have been on the shoes.

Firstly, its my first attempt at bringing a quote from a closed board forward, so pls forgive me if I've done so badly! Secondly, I added the bold in the quote for clarity.

I was wondering whether there was any way for the forensics to determine how fresh the sperm was that they found? However unlikely, is it possible that the sperm was already there when Tori's blood :( got in the car? I'm not asking as a means to defend MR, so pls don't take it that way but I do wonder whether this is a point his defense might ask the witness about. If there is no way to tell how old it was, then will Derstine say the blood sample was contaminated by his sperm which was already there from prior sexual acts in his car? Clearly he was boinking at least TLM and who knows who else in that car.

McLean also found blood on the rear passenger side door and seat area. A bloodstain about four millimetres in diameter was found on the side door rubber moulding. DNA testing found only a 1 in 150 trillion chance it could be someone’s other than Tori.

The blood spot was also tested for sperm cells. Testing showed there was a mixture of DNA from two individuals, but the other sample was too small for reliable analysis, McLean said.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/article/1159650--tori-stafford-murder-trial-scrap-of-fabric-came-from-car-like-rafferty-s-trial-told

My interpretation of mixture is that one sample with the two different DNA profiles was on the door moulding. If the sperm got on the door moulding sometime before or after Tori's blood got on door moulding I would think they would be two separate samples.

But that is :moo: based on my understanding of the situation. I could be wrong though. I think also that if there is any possibility the samples could have been left on two different dates it is probable that the defence will bring that up. I guess we must just wait and see.

@RaffertyLFP
  • Blood tests were also done on the running shoes found in McClintic's home They tested positive for blood

The farmer who owns the land there testified the other week. He didn't say anything about paying teenagers to pick rocks there for him. He made it sound like his own family does it. I believe that to be the case here as it is a Mennonite Farmer and I think most of them do the work themselves with their families.

Some do some don't. I rocked picked yearssss ago that is how i know they pay teens to rock pick each year.

RaffertyLFP: McLean said the DNA profile on one of McClinitic's shoes showed a mixed DNA profile, at least one male but not enough to identify

AM980.ca ‏ @AM980_Court
There were two DNA profiles. One was male.

RaffertyLFP: McLean said she couldn't make an ID on McClintic's Puma shoes because of insufficient DNA

McLean says tests on the PUMA shoes found in McClintic's home showed blood was present inside of both shoes

Avery Moore ‏ @AveryFreeFMNews
Blood in one PUMA shoe is from two different people. One was male. Not enough DNA to make a match. Blood in other from female.

AM980.ca
None of the DNA profiles from the Puma shoes were suitable for comparison, McLean says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500