Trial Thread 4/12/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
AM980.ca ‏ @AM980_Court
All blood was inside the shoes, not on the exterior.

RaffertyLFP: Court is moving on to the black pea coat taken from Rafferty's home

AM980.ca ‏ @AM980_Court
Now moving on to the hairs from the pea coat found at Rafferty's home.

RaffertyLFP: Yesterday the court was told two blond hairs were found on the pea coat

RaffertyLFP: McLean said there were about 40 areas on the coat that were analyzed for DNA and saliva

AM980.ca ‏ @AM980_Court
Body fluid testing was also done on the coat.

RaffertyLFP: McLean said there was no blood detected on the coat but saliva was detected.

AM980.ca ‏ @AM980_Court
Blood was not found on the inside or outside of the coat. Saliva was.

RaffertyLFP: McLean said the two hairs found on the coat did not have enough DNA for testing

Avery Moore ‏ @AveryFreeFMNews
McLean is telling the jury about the findings of testing on the black pea coat found in #Rafferty's closet. No blood found.

AM980.ca ‏ @AM980_Court
The hairs did not have sufficient DNA for further testing.

McLean says the 2 blonde hairs found on the pea coat did not have enough DNA to continue with testing.

AM980.ca ‏ @AM980_Court
Rafferty's saliva was likely on the coat. The random match probability is 1 in 250 billion. McClintic and Tori excluded.

AM980.ca ‏ @AM980_Court
There were other spots of male DNA, not enough data to create a matchable profile.

RaffertyLFP: DNA testing on other stains on the coat matched the Rafferty's profile. There was DNA from other individuals that could not be tested

AM980.ca ‏ @AM980_Court
Three spots were matched to Rafferty.

Wow, all this evidence in the form of blood, semen and saliva and there isn't enough DNA present to compare to known profiles of VS, TLM and MR. How lucky for MR.

I don't want to hear any more of this "not enough DNA" crap. :(

AM980.ca ‏ @AM980_Court
McLean says she can't speak directly on how fluids wind up on items.

RaffertyLFP: Court is shown a slide of the blue folding knife found in Rafferty's home

AM980.ca ‏ @AM980_Court
The knife found in Rafferty's tool box was also tested.

Wow, all this evidence in the form of blood, semen and saliva and there isn't enough DNA present to compare to known profiles of VS, TLM and MR. How lucky for MR.

Makes you wonder why not?

(what kind of puppies do you raise)??

RaffertyLFP: McLean said there was no blood detected on the knife

AM980.ca ‏ @AM980_Court
They tested the knife handle for blood. The blade was gone. No blood detected.

Crown asking McLean about the utility knife found in #Rafferty's home. McClintic said she cut out bloodstains from back seat w sim. knife.

..a huge thanks to Matou for posting the slides above this post .It made it very clear of the evidence found ( yesterday's tweets were very confusing) and was great actually seeing the samples/evidence found!...IMO I am looking forward to today's evidence and the remaining chapters of the cell phone pings and who MR talked to the night this horrible deeds was commited .Also want to hear what he said about it all!....too bad that back seat of the car was never found ....puzzles me as other posters said ...IMO I agree they did not go far to clean up the honda Civic ....!...IMO also very lucky that MR honic civic is even around to collect this evidence....THk God it was seized!....NOW lets hear how ...Defense explains all this ....IMO when all the Crowns chapters are finished ....I am praying there will be NO MORE DOUBT as to what happened April 8, 2009!......I have done my best for the TORI case and signed legistature to change this .....MAY such a HORRENDOUS thing never happen again to OUR children in ONT....and may the penlty for such hoorible acts fit the crime...again...In my honest opinion....robynhood ...read this case thoroughly since Tori went missing...my heart still hearts BADLY for Tori's courgeous FAmily....I do not think I could cope as well ....again IMO!....robynhood...interesting MR actaully showed some tears when he saw alexus ...hmmm <modsnip>...MR girl friend at the time who was with him after Tori's disappearance ?????....robynhood

AM980.ca &#8207; @AM980_Court
Washing items may remove body fluids, McLean says.

RaffertyLFP: Court is shown slide of McClintic's hair shorn off because gum was stuck in it

They also tested the napkin found with McClintic's hair in her garbage. No blood was found.

RaffertyLFP: McLean said DNA was extracted from the gum that matched McClintic There was other DNA but it was not from Stafford or Rafferty

RaffertyLFP: Derstine begins cross-examination of McLean

Likely McClintic's DNA was found on the napkin with the hair. 1/11 trillion chance for random match. Other DNA was found. Not Tori/Rafferty

Derstine now questioning McLean. Carnegie finished.

RaffertyLFP: Derstine asks McLean if it is likely that DNA would be found on objects that people routinely handle

Makes you wonder why not?

(what kind of puppies do you raise)??

I would imagine Toronto has a state of the art testing facility but I am wondering why so many results have come back with "not enough DNA to make a comparison". Strange considering the spots of blood on the bottom of the gym bag appeared to be so much smaller than other areas and yet two DNA profiles were able to be extracted.

(I raise Labs and Goldens to become Autism Service Dogs)

He had six weeks to clean the coat. Not to mention likely wearing it in the elements even if he didn't have it professionally cleaned. DNA degrades with time. Not surprising at all.

MOO

RaffertyLFP: McLean agrees with Derstine that DNA can be indirectly transferred from one object to another

Derstine says there's a wide variety of ways DNA can get on an item. McLean agrees. Compares to freshly painted wall.

Derstine says a cloth with wet blood could transfer DNA on to "say, a gym bag?". McLean agrees.

RaffertyLFP: McLean agrees with Derstine that only a small amount of blood is needed to generate DNA

"If diluted blood was on a surface, could it be recovered?" Derstine asks. McLean says yes.

Avery Moore &#8207; @AveryFreeFMNews
Derstine asks McLean about the possible DNA transfer onto items indirectly. For example blood from finger, to cloth, to gym bag.

RaffertyLFP: McLean agrees with Derstine that DNA can be indirectly transferred from one object to another

Here's goes the two step where the damning DNA results are inaccurate and the lack of DNA in other areas is precise.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member