Trial Thread 4/12/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about guys that have been fixed? The old expression shooting blanks comes to mind lol. The car had a previous owner - is it possible he too used it as a love shack? I can't check right now, but if somebody wants to look into that.

Keeping in mind that the expert noted that it is possible for DNA to e deposited in layers.

The thought of the inside of that car makes me ill. Yech!

RaffertyLFP: Woman said Rafferty lived in Guelph apartment and worked as landscaper and snow plower but lost his job. Worked at Best Beef for a while

TM says they were just friends, while Rafferty lived in Guelph. Rafferty called her TT. They would text, or chat on line.

RaffertyLFP: The woman said Rafferty bought the Honda Civic at a used car lot in Toronto

BBM: Chacha, you have pointed out something that will likely be used in MTR's Defense, IMO.

The obviously "male" sperm/seminal DNA which was of unknown origin, is most definitely a damning piece of evidence, since it is associated with Tori's confirmed DNA, in MTR's car, I suspect that the Defense will very much be wishing to offer alternative theories as to whose it could possibly be.

Can't blame the male specimen sample on TLM, right?

Since TM testified today, that her friend MTR bought the Civic at a used car lot in Toronto (she must have knowledge of that, hence the rather out-of-context testimony, MOO), this will likely be brought up as an offering of reasonable doubt for the male specimin sample that just so happened to be "mixed" with Tori's blood.

As someone pointed out upthread though, after the parade of, what, 7 springtime "girlfriends" (so far), the jury is likely to be unconvinced of this offering, because they have common sense.

JMO

He also expressed sadness for the girl, who had a court hearing but wasn't released, because "he felt she had been making great strides in her life," a curious way, surely, to characterize someone he knew purportedly had just killed an innocent child.

Exactly. If he was so horrified why was he referring to TLM in such a way? She had just killed Tori with a hammer remember. BS. JMO

With all the discussion over MR's long list of female acquaintances......here is a quote from an April 5th article by Christie Blatchford, that may explain all the female interest in MR.

For whatever the differences between the homes are worth, they lend heft to a vignette Ms. McClintic told the jurors.

She was in custody, and Mr. Rafferty, with his conventional good looks and appearance, came to visit. When he left, one of the staff asked who he was and when she replied, “My boyfriend,” the staff member said, “Way to go Terri.”
JMO

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com...ship-raises-questions-at-tori-stafford-trial/

To each his own. Some people's taste is all in their mouths. Some people say MR gives them the heebie jeebies, including me and especially moreso with that goofy haircut. JMO

Looks aren't everything you know. We are finding that out now along with the many women he duped. :moo:

Also I notice how reporters compared TLM's home to MR's. As if this has anything to do with someone's thought process our being a decent person, kwim. It's like the reporters where trying to show that TLM came from poverty so she must be bad, whereas MR came from an average looking home so he was average and ok. Pffft.

According to MR in his interview with LE, didn't he say he moved home to help his mom clean up/decorate because the house was a mess? Also DM threw furniture, (along with MR throwing out his car seat. How convenient to disguise it.) at least a couch and didn't one witness say something about liking a chair on the curb? DM also got rid of furniture to CM. Wonder what the house looked like before all the new furniture and decorating. :waitasec: All MOO

So, MTR had to be talking to SOMEONE during all these calls.

I wonder if there was any truth to the "making sure the workers showed up at various jobs" statement by MTR?

Or, was that another lie?

JMO

Blatchford: Tori Stafford's killing didn't slow accused murderer Rafferty's serial dating

by christie blatchford, postmedia newsapril 12, 2012 8:07 pm

she found his habit of being constantly on his phone, checking messages (he told her it was so he could make sure workers showed up at various jobs) irritating, and she pronounced him "very needy."

http://www.canada.com/Blatchford+To...erial+dating/6450164/story.html#ixzz1rsLcGb1H

Is it still disrespectful if the women in question knew he was not exclusive with him? I haven't heard any of the ex's testify that he was cheating on them. I haven't heard them say they didn't know about his other g/f's kwim? Maybe they had an arrangement that they could each date other people? Just a thought. :twocents:

You're right, we don't know. But that is only because it hasnt been asked or reported on. We do know that one of his girlfriends, TLM, did not know about other women he was dating. I think it is reasonable to assume that hiding his girlfriends from one another was something he did with other women. :moo:

Christie sure does call it like she sees it.

For a fellow who was purportedly "horrified" when Terri-Lynne McClintic first abducted and then abruptly killed a little Woodstock, Ont., girl in the spring of 2009, Michael Rafferty appears to have pulled himself together rather quickly.

Indeed, Rafferty did what any man who had just watched a shocking child murder might do: He went onto a dating website called Plenty of Fish and proceeded to become involved with no fewer than two women

http://www.canada.com/Blatchford+To...erial+dating/6450164/story.html#ixzz1rsLcGb1H

But why would the courts deem one person's profession more important than another?

Why not protect all the witnesses names in this sordid case, kwim?

Shhhhh! Maybe she was married!!!

What a sinful b*strd he is!

Without knowing all the details regarding the publication ban on MTR's 37 year old GF #1 (post-murder), and her "helping profession", I fail to see why she should be afforded anonymity, and not all those other poor women.

Why is their privacy deemed less worthy?

All of them should have had their identity protected.
JMO

Child youth worker Sarah Hodge, 31, testified that in mid-April 2009, Michael Rafferty was interested in every news item about the missing child on television or in the newspapers.
The accused, also 31, told her he knew all the intricacies of the case and that the young girl's abduction was related to drugs, Hodge testified.
"He told me he knew all the inside information," said Hodge.

This could be..... but then I wonder what the condoms were for? Maybe he didn't want anyone to know he was sterile?

Salem

:what: Could it be possible we may find this out? Did LE ask MR for a sperm sample for analysis and maybe he could not produce one? Maybe he had problems that way, kwim. EEKS! :eek::moo:

OK, he rapes Tori, is obsessed with her, and goes on to date and meet up with multiple women. He is sick. JMO

She also noticed that the back seat of Rafferty's car was missing when they began dating on April 12, 2009 — four days after Stafford went missing.
Throughout the day, wearing a dark suit and a blue striped tie, Rafferty would closely watch several other women from his past enter the courtroom and walk toward the witness stand. At times, he would grin and try to lock eyes with them when they finished their testimony.

I think the crown is putting all the science out on the table now, so that the defense can't use it to their advantage as much as they want to. If everything was sent for forensic testing, but the Crown only present the blood on the door frame, the jury would be wondering WTH? and the defense could presumably bring forth all the items that didn't test conclusively.

By asking the experts to speak to all the testing, the Crown is saying to the jury: look, after the accused allegedly cleaned the car and had 6 weeks to clean and dispose of things, there is still evidence that Tori was in his car. Maybe not as much as we would have liked, but some, nonetheless.

I think it was a pre-emptive strike.

IMO

I agree. Excellent post. Sometimes we have to look at what is not in front of us and why. The key pieces that could/would exonerate Rafferty from rape were never to be found. He made sure of that. Why? Because he did it. IMO. These two had their own agendas when they met. They fed each others need. Then poor Tori fulfilled their sick twisted needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname