Trial Thread 4/12/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my. This must have been the biggest shock in the world to GF#3 (GF#1 post-murder)

The third old flame called to the stand Thursday asked not to have her name published. Like H, she met Rafferty on PlentyOfFish.com, agreeing to meet him in person after a chat on the phone. It led to a five-week relationship during which she testifies she was given the same story by Rafferty about what he did for a living.

She was still dating him when he was questioned by cops in connection to the Stafford case, after which, she says "he seemed upset."

The relationship ended abruptly after that when Rafferty stood her up for a dinner date. "I texted him saying I was going to bed," said the woman. Rafferty never replied. She would find out on the news soon after that the reason Rafferty no-showed was because he had been arrested.

Questioned about the state of Rafferty's 2003 Honda Civic, all three women testified that the vehicle was dirty, with an odd paintjob both on the exterior and interior. La Bute described the inside of the car as "whitewashed" while Hodge called it "dusty."

L testified that the backseat seemed to still be there during her time with the accused, but that it was covered by a blanket. H and the third woman both testified that the bench of the seat was missing. They also both testified that they did most of the driving during their relationships with Rafferty

http://www.newstalk1010.com/News/localnews/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10370463

Rafferty also told the unnamed woman that McClintic had been questioned in Tori’s disappearance and that he had been questioned as well, because of his association with McClintic.
“When it came to him being questioned he seemed sort of upset about that,” she said. “He seemed upset for this young woman that he was friends with. He felt that she had been making good strides in her life and felt that this was not something appropriate, I guess, or it wasn’t fair.”

http://www.guelphmercury.com/news/c...sessed-with-stafford-case-witness-tells-trial

He had been doing that online dating for such a long time.

It scares me when I think about the possibility that he might have been trying to find single moms.

With all this DNA evidence, or lack thereof, I think we are forgetting one major factor which will come into play when the jury deliberates this case. The majority of us all have a certain amount of common sense, while I am sure that the jury will be instructed to decide only on the facts presented it is only human nature to trust your gut and go with what most of our common sense tells us about this case.

Also, MR is charged with three crimes, First Degree Murder, Sexual Assault and Kidnapping. The Crown knew going into the trial there wouldn't be enough conclusive physical evidence to link MR to a sexual assault however they did have TLM version of the story. Sometimes psychical evidence isn't present but circumstantial or eyewitness testimony is strong enough to sway to conviction, did Rafferty sexually assault Victoria? My opinion is a most certain yes. What other possible explanation could there be for MR to be in the presence of Victoria Stafford, have her in his vehicle on a remote road 1 hour plus away from the child's home? Not to mention a pit stop along the way to purchase garbage bags and a hammer? Clearly my mind says both were up to no good and this was a premeditated act.(first degree murder)

If they cant convict on the sexual assault, he clearly isn't out of the woods on the kidnapping charges. Does anyone know about the kidnapping chargers, if a child is kidnapped held against their will and dies during the abduction, does that not carry a life sentence as well?? If death occurs during a sexual assault that too is also punishable by life? According to my read of the criminal code of Canada death during a kidnapping would also put him away for 25 years??? Yes or No??

Yes you are correct. 25 years for abduction if the child dies accidentally or deliberately while in the perps custody. There is no getting around this one. MR's goose is cooked, stick a fork in it. Great post SFB73! IMO the sexual assault just give answers as to who's idea it was and why.

MR's idea=sexual deviant.
TLM the dupe who helped him with his sick fantasy just for a little bit of love. MOO

OK, he rapes Tori, is obsessed with her, and goes on to date and meet up with multiple women. He is sick. JMO

He has no empathy for anyone but himself and no conscience. He lies constantly--one minute he's a dance instructor and the next he's a contractor. He takes off with a child and leaves town---the child ends up murdered and found in garbage bags missing her pants and he is busy taking out ladies---he is a sociopath!!! Anything in possible. They cannot prove rape but they can make him responsible for her death.:jail:

What was TLM's actual testimony on this point? I have seen tweets that say she cut out parts of the seat, and threw the foam out the window:

Cynthia Mulligan‏@CityCynthia

#rafferty - McClintic says Rafferty told her to use a knife to cut out parts of back seat. Threw the stained foam out the window

But I have read nothing to suggest that she made a slit in the seat so it would be less noticeable. I would think that if she had made tiny slits so it wouldn't be noticeable, then someone would have clarified that with her while they had her on the stand. The way the tweet is worded, I'm apt to take the statement literally to mean that she testified that she cut out chunks of the seat and threw foam out the window.

This is not to say I do or do not believe the testimony, just that she testified to chunks, not slices KWIM? :twocents:

Just my theory and :moo:

Quote:
Yet another woman, whose name can’t be published, met Rafferty on April 12 after chatting online on Plenty of Fish. She dated him until his arrest. Rafferty, who normally shows little animation or emotion in the prisoner box, smiled during the woman’s testimony and carefully watched his other ex-girlfriends walk in and out of the courtroom.

So MR and "Mystery Woman" were supposed to have dinner but he was a no-show because he was arrested 2 days earlier in the Good Life Fitness parking lot with "Joy".......

More details coming out now.

Rafferty obsessed with Stafford case, witness tells trial

WARNING: THIS STORY CONTAINS GRAPHIC DETAILS.

SH, 31, started chatting with Rafferty on the dating website Plenty of Fish in late March and first met with him in person on April 14, she testified. The relationship lasted about two weeks but they saw each other every day, she said. During that time he was obsessed with the story of Victoria Stafford, she said.

“He was constantly checking the news for it,” Hodge said. “If it was on TV he’d turn on the TV and watch it, or if I had the newspaper he would pull it out and read it as well.”

Rafferty also told her he had “all the inside information” on the case, including details about the custody of Tori. H and Rafferty also had conversations that he initiated about kidnapping children, she said.

H also noted that Rafferty was taking OxyContin at the time, saying “he thought he had colon cancer,” though he kept the pills in unmarked bottles or balled up in tinfoil in his pocket. She too saw no back seat in his car

http://www.guelphmercury.com/news/c...sessed-with-stafford-case-witness-tells-trial

Did TLM ever state what was done with Tori's missing clothes or what she thought may have been done?

This reminds me of what i was going to post earlier but forgot to. If MR is so innocent then why didn't he tell his lawyer where Tori's clothing and hammer where placed?

Ok strange, tapatalk is not quoting properly hmmmm

Anyways regarding my above post that didn't show properly I wrote:
I asked earlier if anyone has any ideas as to why her name would be under a publication ban, could it be to do with her career?

Wasn't there a woman mentioned today who was a social worker? :waitasec:

He had been doing that online dating for such a long time.

It scares me when I think about the possibility that he might have been trying to find single moms.

I'am pretty sure TM had a POF account, she had pic of TS and DS in it with her.

I am pretty sure she did.

Shows he could have targeted VS. He seemed to mention TM a lot to others.
I can't recall though if TM made the account after VS went missing or before.........it was discussed here a long long time ago.
Can anyone verify if she made her POF account before or after?

Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member