trial thread: 4/17/2012 (opening statements)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems CNN won't carry it live.

Sad because this might be the best chance yet to get Gabriel home if someone unknowingly has him. I don't think there's a chance in youknowwhere that whomever has him doesn't know it's him but I guess there's always that chance.

Sad because this might be the best chance yet to get Gabriel home if someone unknowingly has him. I don't think there's a chance in youknowwhere that whomever has him doesn't know it's him but I guess there's always that chance.

That is true. I pray pray that he is alive and loved.

Oh, and :wave: from Seattle.

Clerk reading the charges of count 1) conspiracy, overt acts, and violate AZ law. Count 2) TPS falsely provided a document.

Preliminary instructions of law being read to jurors. Decide the facts and follow the law - whether you agree with the law or not. Explaining direct or circumstantial evidence, law makes no distinction between direct or circumstantial evidence - but should be considered when making a decision. Six rules of evidence 1) determine facts from evidence presented; 2) lawyer statements are not evidence; 3) a question is not evidence; 4) objections to questions - don't try to guess if answer not given; 5) rejected evidence cannot be considered; 6) stricken evidence will not be considered.

Judge will determine the law, do not guess what an answer might have been if it is not allowed to be admitted.

logan.jpg

TPS.jpg

Praying that this jury will adhere to the instructions given to them, hear the truth and return with a fair and just verdict. I just don't think my heart can take another Casey Anthony type jury.

1) Conspiracy to commit custodial interference, 2) knew or had reason to know she had no legal right to do so, 3) Forgery - intent to defraud

Trial expected to last until Thurs. May 17th. Usual hours of trial 10:30 - 5:00, recess at noon to one. Criminal trials: Prosecutor opening statement, defense then can make opening statement but what is said during this time is not evidence, 2) State will present evidence; 3) Defense may present evidence, 4) State can then present additional evidence. (cut to commercial)

Well I left where I was and drove back and see it's finally up! It's on www.cnn.com/live too like you thought it might be Mom

Holy black hair.

laurie merrill ‏ @laur58 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
No email, My Space, Facebook , Google etc. , judge tells jurors in Tammi Smiths trial. #BabyGabriel #TammiSmith No cell phones or laptops.

Guess no tweeting from the trial. I wonder if cellphones are prohibited from the lawyers too. Baez would have been lost without his.

Not at all happy with Logan's attorney, she has mistakenly referred to Logan as the defendant, and referred to Tammi as Elizabeth saying Elizabeth offered to adopt Gabriel when in fact it was TPS who offered. agh!

This is just crazy. I wasn't aware of the details of this case.

Not at all happy with Logan's attorney, she has mistakenly referred to Logan as the defendant, and referred to Tammi as Elizabeth saying Elizabeth offered to adopt Gabriel when in fact it was TPS who offered. agh!

She didn't correct that mistake and that makes a difference.:banghead:

You mean this lady talking is Logan's attorney? I thought it was the prosecutor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle