trial thread: 4/17/2012 (opening statements)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elizabeth bundled up Gabriel to go to her Grandparents. She called Logan and said she was going to come home. On a layover in Boston, Elizabeth met Tammy and that is when TAmmy announced she wanted to adopt Gab. Elizabeth did not call for many months - Eliz also made similar adoption agreement with a couple standing in line at a fast food place. Logan took Gab to his Grandma's house, Eliz reported Gab missing to LE - Logan took Gabe back to Eliz.

Last time Logan saw Gabe 12/8/09 - Eliz told she wanted to adopt out Gabe and wanted Logan to sign over parental rights. She did not tell Logan she had already given Gabe to the Smiths. At Logan's work - his boss called LE due to Eliz outbursts. After several hours of interrogation - Smiths had the baby. Logan had no idea of Tammy or Jack Smith and never heard of their names. Logan did not want to give up Gabe and posted that on her MS page. TS concocted a plan to challenge authority of Logan. TS asked her friend Deann if she could use Deann (Diane)'s husband's name on the birth cert. Friend refused to allow TS to do this. TS then placed "Craig Cherry" name on the document (her unknowing cousin). 3 days after filing for custody of Gabe - ruling of judgement that Logan was the Father, set up visitation for Sun - Wed and Eliz was to have rest of week (shared custody). Child still with Smiths. Friday Dec. 18th - important date - Logan was to have Gabe on Sun 12/20. Eliz calls Smiths and said she needed to pick up Gabe to give to Logan. On Sun 20th, Logan cannot find Eliz or child and no one at the child's home. Logan files emergent custoday of Gabe - but no contact with Eliz. Logan got text messages on 12/22/09 from TS, can we get together - I am afraid she will not return the child, wanting logan to sign adoption papers so Eliz will come back. Logan tells TS not to contact again. Smiths gave Logan a contact information a (210) San Antonio area code they had in their possession for four days. Eliz writes in a text message . . . I killed him . . . placed in paper bag, put in dumpster. Logan called Eliz who tells him that she killed Gabriel. Logan calls LE. TS put herself right in the middle of this. It was later realized TS had something to do with this. Jurors will hear from court personnel, court judge, family, friends, and all involved. See court docs and see and hear evidence . . . you will see a clear plan on TS part. Defense plan to pressure Logan to give up child. We know this by her words, actions, deceptions. She admitted she had plan with Eliz. Force Logan to be responsible for child support and visitation -if he did not comply each and every time they would call LE and hope he would get sick of it and give over custodial rights. Eliz intention to leave the State to force Logan to sign over the baby. You will see extent TS went to have Logan sign over the baby and change custody. TS went to State of Tennessee where she tries to have another State Court rule on this issue. she went as far to tell LE fake adoption paper should be faxed to LE in another State. She left a voice mail message to a Judge with her scheme and clearly told the judge she wanted that baby and to sign over that baby, she wanted a baby she would go to any lengths to get one. Eliz used Gabe as a pawn to get back at Logan because she wanted him to hurt. Crimes against Logan forever . . . . (commercial)

You mean this lady talking is Logan's attorney? I thought it was the prosecutor?

She is the P! lol I am trying to figure out who is who, this case is new to me. The P seems to be reading her notes and also looking at a screen, I think.

I am confused as well... :confused:

Sorry, I'm responsible for at least some of the confusion...it was the prosecutor not Logan's attorney. The fact that she's a prosecutor and made some serious mistakes just floor me.

Can she go back and correct what she said or would that just cause more confusion?

For those of you who are not so familiar with this case, are you buying the defense opening statement? Just curious.

Tammi tried to adopt another child using other means but Dec. 2009, Tammi had Gabe for 10 days 12/8 - 12/18 - Gabe is 7 months old at the time. Before the order is granted, Logan filed a response. Document that Tammi helped Eliz fill out. Eliz was afraid of Logan . . .not sure if Logan was the baby daddy - afraid to tell Logan who might really be the father (whom Logan knew). Order was entered without dna test as everyone agreed, on 12/17 . . . next day - Eliz borrowed her Grandpa's car and picked up Gabe from the Smiths. Unbeknownst to anyone else, Eliz decided to leave the area with Gabe. You will see TS was only trying to help Gabriel, TS had a wire tap from govt, a search warrant late at night on her house (she had already agreed to a search, her bank/computer records . . .complete invasion of her life. cooperated with LE and several interviews with Det. Rameriz . . . she was not aware she was being recorded. TS was trying to find Gab and bring him home . . . instead she got an overreaching LE and govt policing her. TS doesn't have to testify but she will testify and she wants to look you in the eye and answer questions directly. You will be able to write down questions and give to the judge and we will ask her her to answer - she wants to. you will find there is not enough evidence to convict . . . she did nothing wrong.

TPS attorney promises in opening-

She will testify!

Sorry, I'm responsible for at least some of the confusion...it was the prosecutor not Logan's attorney. The fact that she's a prosecutor and made some serious mistakes just floor me.

Can she go back and correct what she said or would that just cause more confusion?

I don't think she can, and she did eff up big time. My hope is that the witness testimony sets the record straight. I'll cut her some slack for being nervous.

Well luckily opening statements are not to be considered evidence. Except in Florida.

Chris Williams ‏ @chriswnews Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Tammi Smith case recess until 1:30pm when #babygabriel dad expected to testify @ARIZONA12NEWS @azcentral

Really? Why such a long recess? That's 4:30 ET right?

Beth Karas commenting on the Prosecutors blunder.

Anyone else notice TPS's constantly shifting, smirking, wiggling, deep breaths and exhales?

For those of you who are not so familiar with this case, are you buying the defense opening statement? Just curious.

no, too much points the other direction which makes sense to me

I have not followed this case closely and didn't really understand TPS role in the disappearance of Gabriel until today. Honestly, I cannot imagine that TS will be able to "explain away" forging documents when there is proof of the evidence. Furthermore, keeping the child away from the purported father (Logan) who was established to be the Father in court because all parties agreed - is clearly breaking the law. . . . what was TS going to say . . . she wouldn't allow Logan to spend time with Gabe because she (TS) was the Father? The S's had never met Logan but threw him under a bus for their own interests (stealing a child from his Dad). If all the prosecutor (even though she bumbled so did the defense atty re: saying he for she and vice versa . . . mixing names) It was a little hard to follow along with both. I think TS will testify in her own demise (so to speak).

It's been awhile since I followed this case so I had forgotten what a mess it is! Not only do you have Elizabeth that you can't believe you get Tami! I just relistened to Insession replay some of the jailhouse tape of Tami and Elizabeth and they are both nuts! So sad, this just makes me so sad, I just dont know if baby Gabe is alive or not but I hope Tami is convicted in this trial.

I am also sort of new to the case. Plz tell me: when is Elizabeth going to trial? I remember she was actually found competent back in December...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther