Trial Thread 4/26/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
This information is from BC, and seems to be about a Judge only trial, but, I thought I would post it, fwiw.

It's possible the Crown will be issuing it's closing arguments on Tuesday, if Derstine does not call evidence. It seems the order gets reversed, in this case.

If defence counsel has presented evidence then she or he will be the first to make final arguments. Crown counsel will speak last. If defence counsel did not call evidence, then the order is reversed

http://www.victimsinfo.ca/vi/about-court/going-to-trial/how-trial-will-proceed/closing-arguments

I just looked at the pics....looks to me that TLM and MR went to the movies on 2 different occasions....the first she is in her white coat and capris and it is dark outside, the 2nd time she is in a black hoodie and track pants and it is still daylight outside. I think we miss alot, just reading the tweets. JMO

This is why I was confused during today's testimony. The video we had been shown previously showed her in a dark hoodie, not the white jacket. But I've since figured it out, I think. They initially went to the theatre (white pants, dark hoodie) during the daytime. They looked at the programme of available movies and chose one that wouldn't be starting for a few more hours. Maybe they even bought their tickets. They then went back to TLM's house where she changed her clothes (capri pants, white jacket) and they probably took some drugs. Killed time until evening when they returned for the start of the film. MTR may have added a dark shirt from his car stash, or they stopped off at his place, too.

If you look at the captions on both sets of pics (#105 and #106), they have the same date - March 25, 2009.

JMO

Ok, the daily take from the Blatch:

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2012/04/26/christie-blatchford-prosecutors-close-case-against-accused-tori-stafford-killer-michael-rafferty/

This is very interesting - she asserts Derstine can suggest whatever he wants - it doesn't make it evidence:

"Since lawyers’ questions aren’t considered evidence unless the witness agrees or “adopts” them, the questions remain just that until and unless Mr. Rafferty testifies, at which point, jurors would be left to believe some, all or none of what he said, just as they may with every other witness."

Talking about the 'TLM as mastermind' suggestion.

This is why I was confused during today's testimony. The video we had been shown previously showed her in a dark hoodie, not the white jacket. But I've since figured it out, I think. They initially went to the theatre (dark hoodie) during the daytime. They looked at the programme of available movies and chose one that wouldn't be starting for a few more hours. Maybe they even bought their tickets. They then went back to TLM's house where she changed her clothes (capri pants, white jacket) and they probably took some drugs. Killed time until evening when they returned for the start of the film. If you look at the captions on both sets of pics, they have the same date - March 25, 2009.

JMO

yes...that does make sense to me!!!!

As FF referred to...

Are TLM and MTR "broken up" and at what time did they break up, or are they continuing their relationship???? moo

yes...that does make sense to me!!!!

I've edited my post a bit because I hadn't noticed that MTR added a shirt to his ensemble between the two time periods. I've also added the picture numbers that give the date. HTH

RSBM

If you look at the captions on both sets of pics (#105 and #106), they have the same date - March 25, 2009.

JMO

I think their hotel rendez-vouz was 26 Mar 09, wasn't it? They spent a couple of days together apparently, a honeymoon of sorts.

TLM made a video appearance in court today for her other case (assault at Grand Valley)....she is pleading not guilty. Just heard this on the news....looking for a link.

Cannot find a link online yet.....

Busy Lady that is .............

I noticed there was an article about TLM's trial for assault published just minutes after the court adjourned today in MR's trial. Hmmmmmm......JMO

I completely agree. I don't see MR giving his dope to anyone for any reason. A terrified child would do everything she is told ... hoping for the best.

True exept, that he had a very good reason......

As FF referred to...

Are TLM and MTR "broken up" and at what time did they break up, or are they continuing their relationship???? moo

JMO...perhaps when the arrest took place, Im sure some pretty wicked thoughts were going through MR's head....thinking that TLM spilled her guts to LE and didn't stick to the plan!!!!!

JMO...perhaps when the arrest took place, Im sure some pretty wicked thoughts were going through MR's head....thinking that TLM spilled her guts to LE and didn't stick to the plan!!!!!

I'm sure that's the reason for all his warm fuzzies at Genest too -- ensuring she was still with the plan!!!!! MOO

The second video, after he lifts her a couple times, she tries and could not lift him. He is physically stronger than her. If I am to believe that he did not know Tori was abducted until later, then he absolutely could have done something about it when he found out. He was strong enough that he could have restrained her and helped Tori. In fact, he could have knocked TLM unconscious if necessary (and to save a child, I would have applauded him for that, JMO).
He did nothing.
Not believing it.

JMO.
Not believing the 'innocent dupe' theory at all.

Great point BQ! JMO I think we could added chiropractor wannabe to MR's job/career list. Looks like he's trying to crack TLM's back troubles in this video where he picks her up from behind. MOO :p

What day was TLM at the grocery store? Also i noticed in one of today's evidence photos that it is labelled Petro/Tim Hortons. Is this the Tim Hortons that TLM was unsure of where it was?

Haven't heard of any yet, but wondering if any of MR's male friends will take the stand, however, cannot recall reading about one good male friend. No doubt lots of male Oxy customers, but what about friendship with other males. Seems odd to me. MOO

What day was TLM at the grocery store? Also i noticed in one of today's evidence photos that it is labelled Petro/Tim Hortons. Is this the Tim Hortons that TLM was unsure of where it was?

I don't see this pic labelled Tim Hortons...which one is it??

Foodland is dated april 8 at 1015am

So what are you saying? She looks like Shipway? I don't get it. So wearing a gold chain is supposed to mean something, a gang sign or something? I've seen other photos of Shipway and she's all dolled up in those photos you linked.

Sorry, just the way they came out looked like one couple walked in a head and the TLM and MR walk in after ... It looked like he was talking to someone ... However it now looks like they just came back ... No time stamp, confused...but better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member