Trial Thread 4/26/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
LFP videos never work for me. I'll have to look for them elsewhere.
The link you quoted was a slide show, apparently of the timeline video presented by the video analyst expert witness. However, many of the LFP raw videos don't work for me either in Firefox, so I use IE Tab to switch to Internet Extorter and they work most of the time.

I only think TS may have been drugged for the purpose of keeping her calm and sleepy, as even TM herself has described her daughter as a hop, skip and jumper.

I would not think for one minute, MR or TLM would have given TS a drug for compassionate reasons.

MOO

The defense "deciding whether to present evidence" makes me wonder if they have any other witnesses. Perhaps MR is all they have. I think if the defense doesn't go ahead the jury will be going hmmmm. I think MR very well might take the stand, judging by his lack of emotion for most of the trial I think he still thinks he is getting away with it.MOO

...IMO STRONGLY...all video are LINKED as mentioned above on London free press ...just looked at them again...

1.These videos show both TLM & MR. extremely clearly ....all around the day Tori was abucted April 8 2009.......it clearly validates the chapters told by the crown.....IMO...

2.NOW iI FEEL STEP BACK AND REMEBER FELLOW FRIENDS WHAT THE CROWN SAID IN OPENING statements...praphrasing....It is not important who threw the fatal blow which killed Tori or how she died MURDER was committed..( think I caught it right?)

3....It is IMPORTANT that both were involved in an abuction that led to murder....and you all know how poor tori was killed ....forensic pathologist gave details on her injuries

4. SHE was ALIVE they stated when the " Fatal blows to her skill" were given ....( please fellow sleuthers ...I am sure links to testimany could be found if needed) ...personally reading some of these chapters BArely once was enough....( for me personally ...real hard to read)

5.IMO ...the Crown wants and I feel proved BOTH were actively involved in an abuction .

6.The abuction lead to the dealth of Tori who was 9 years old....

7. Defense admits Rafferty was there ....he helped with " the clean up...and did nothing for 3 mths to aid in finding Tori after the murder....or during that abuction to set her free....but....seems like he turn off his balckberry cell phone ....IMO when the deed was commited ....and than hide evidence ...IMo so he would NOT be found>>> to be involved " with that little girl who was missing" ( his own words >>>>.made out he did not even know her name when all of ONTARIO and Woodstock had it PUBLISHED daily and hourly on CP24)....Hmmm did I get this wrong?????.....

....awaiting how Mr. Derstine will explain all this....hmmmm moment to say the least ...again ...Imo....robynhood.....loved to hear other peoples take on what I posted ....he certain does not seem like " one of the Good GUYS "....fb post taken from MR profile in which he wrote >>>OMG! ...again robynhood...

The defense "deciding whether to present evidence" makes me wonder if they have any other witnesses. Perhaps MR is all they have. I think if the defense doesn't go ahead the jury will be going hmmmm. I think MR very well might take the stand, judging by his lack of emotion for most of the trial I think he still thinks he is getting away with it.MOO

I really hope the defense does not decide to insult everyone's intelligence by putting on defense witnesses who can attest to MR's good character!!!

All the good he has done for people in the past, (taut lips, cheeks full of air)!!!!!!!!

MOO

while eating dinner I heard the back end of a reporter saying something like "Rafferty says McClintic was never his girlfriend"

I couldn't figure out the rest. I came running to my puter to see what you all would be tweeting ...thinking he took the stand or something today. But nuttin here.

Did anyone catch the CTV news at 6 for what the whole story was? Since they don't have anything on their web page.

OR did he say that at some time before? and they were just recapping?

Thanking you in advance, and as always thanks to the tweeters for keeping us updated.

Can't help you with a CTV link or anything, but what does "girlfriend" mean anyway? It could be anything from a friend of the opposite sex, to a friend with benefits, to a fiancee.

Speaking of which, TLM is always now referred to as his "former girlfriend". When did she become "former"? Are all his other lady friends now "former", and if so, who decides? Once he's (hopefully) incarcerated long term, will he be able to pick and choose which one(s) he can reinstate for conjugal visits?

I wonder if either side have 'silent jurors' in the public gallery for a case this big. Maybe a paralegal they pay to pick holes in both sides, record jurors reactions, etc?

It wouldn't cost very much relative to the lawyers' fees, and might help give them a fresh perspective - they're probably all so close to the case and the evidence that it's hard to perceive how it would sound to someone hearing it for the first time.

Slide 41 is really creeps me out. He does not look worried at all. If I had to describe his look it would be like a lion ready to eat his dinner, satisfaction.

Slide 41 is really creeps me out. He does not look worried at all. If I had to describe his look it would be like a lion ready to eat his dinner, satisfaction.

Alison, could you describe which one this is. I have looked at the slides.
Thanks for your help.

while eating dinner I heard the back end of a reporter saying something like "Rafferty says McClintic was never his girlfriend"

I couldn't figure out the rest. I came running to my puter to see what you all would be tweeting ...thinking he took the stand or something today. But nuttin here.

Did anyone catch the CTV news at 6 for what the whole story was? Since they don't have anything on their web page.

OR did he say that at some time before? and they were just recapping?

Thanking you in advance, and as always thanks to the tweeters for keeping us updated.

This is the transcript of LE's first interview with MTR at his mom's house:
http://www.am980.ca/Other/Rafferty%20Transcript.pdf

On page twenty-eight they ask MTR if TLM is his girlfriend, he laughs and says no. Maybe that's what they are talking about.

Alison, could you describe which one this is. I have looked at the slides.
Thanks for your help.

His bank card can be clearly seen right before he places it in the machine. It is two before the slide where he starts texting at the bank machine. At 11:13:09
I just realized now that you asked this was before the kidnapping hence the reason he does not appeared worried. He was obviously satisfied because he got a cash influx JMO But his face still creeps me out.

If I had to vote whether or not he was going to take the stand I would have to say no he will not. Far to risky IMO. However I as well think it would be interesting.

If his lawyer really believes him to be innocent, he just might put him on the stand, but everything he says would need to be carefully rehearsed, If his lawyer has any doubts, he most certainly will not let him testify. However, if Rafferty really, really wants to testify despite all efforts by his lawyer to to discourage him from doing so, he cannot be stopped.

That is not to say that if he does not take the stand he's probably guilty as charged. It's possible that the Crown has so much evidence against him and the defence can't produce enough to counter it by him taking the stand, that him testifying would be useless and leave him open to even more damning evidence against him on cross-examination. Remember, the Crown has to prove him guilty. The defence does not have to prove him innocent.

His bank card can be clearly seen right before he places it in the machine. It is two before the slide where he starts texting at the bank machine.

Yes, thank you, I know the one you mean.

I agree, creepy with glazed eyes kind of look, yuk!!!

MOO

I wonder if either side have 'silent jurors' in the public gallery for a case this big. Maybe a paralegal they pay to pick holes in both sides, record jurors reactions, etc?

It wouldn't cost very much relative to the lawyers' fees, and might help give them a fresh perspective - they're probably all so close to the case and the evidence that it's hard to perceive how it would sound to someone hearing it for the first time.
Yeah, I read a lot of John Grisham too. ;)

How often does a defendant "decline to call evidence"?

I can find some examples in Canadian case law and recent trials.

I am wondering if the Judge's suggestion was standard procedure, and normally dictated at the end of the Crown's presentation. Possibly so.

Is anyone familiar with the legal aspect and precedent here?

His bank card can be clearly seen right before he places it in the machine. It is two before the slide where he starts texting at the bank machine. At 11:13:09
I just realized now that you asked this was before the kidnapping hence the reason he does not appeared worried. He was obviously satisfied because he got a cash influx JMO But his face still creeps me out.

Yes, influx of cash and on his way to pick up another bag of Oxy's to make him even more money. MOO

snipped
I would imagine next week this time we will be parting ways as I am sure this will probably be wrapped up...[/QUOTE]

Since many peeps on this page are also on other pages that I follow on WS, and sadly there never seems to be a shortage of crimes, missing folks, etc. as well as the many games rooms and my couple of favs, Random thoughts, fav books etc.

I look forward to reading peeps views, I anticipate how so and so will respond.

I wholeheartedly appreciate the time peeps put in on specific cases that they are interested in.

I also wouldn't want to be a Mod on ANY page...however, I sincerely appreciate their time, effort and committment.

So............no......I don't anticipate a parting of the ways and I also don't think this page will close. Just like the the Casey A pages are still active with passionate peeps.

I'm not being argumentative here, rather just pointing out there is more to this website than just one case......now, IF there was emoticons I would pick the one where I would be ducking behind the couch waving a white flag.

If his lawyer really believes him to be innocent, he just might put him on the stand, but everything he says would need to be carefully rehearsed, If his lawyer has any doubts, he most certainly will not let him testify. However, if Rafferty really, really wants to testify despite all efforts by his lawyer to to discourage him from doing so, he cannot be stopped.

That is not to say that if he does not take the stand he's probably guilty as charged. It's possible that the Crown has so much evidence against him and the defence can't produce enough to counter it by him taking the stand, that him testifying would be useless and leave him open to even more damning evidence against him on cross-examination. Remember, the Crown has to prove him guilty. The defence does not have to prove him innocent.

The reason I say it is far to risky is by allowing him to take the stand you may be opening up a huge can of worms. The crown would now be able to question his character. Most defence lawyers do not like to take this route imo.

It's interesting to watch on the Genest video, how TLM, whom we know, by her own admission, can be a violent person, become putty in the hands of MTR.

Interesting indeed, not to mention sickening!!

MOO

Fatal Attraction ... Comes to mind

Can't help you with a CTV link or anything, but what does "girlfriend" mean anyway? It could be anything from a friend of the opposite sex, to a friend with benefits, to a fiancee.

Speaking of which, TLM is always now referred to as his "former girlfriend". When did she become "former"? Are all his other lady friends now "former", and if so, who decides? Once he's (hopefully) incarcerated long term, will he be able to pick and choose which one(s) he can reinstate for conjugal visits?

You made me laugh right out loud, scared the heck outta my poor dog !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny