trial thread: 5/10/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont understand when EJ was in Texas and they spent all that time and effort to search the dump why they didnt nab her and charge her with murder?

If she comes back and answers a question with " I didnt do it but I dont know what my computer does when im not there" then we will know they have counseled with Jose Baez

:floorlaugh:...maybe it drinks wine, err Margarita's, errrr green stuff...and watches the Saints game while making chili.

Prosecution on rebuttal: "your honor, I know it was long and tedious before, but may we replay all of Mrs. Smith's interviews with LE to show that she has completely changed every story and fact on the stand?"

Yeah, but that was freakin' 20 minutes, chili, and the Saint game later. :doh: This poor jury, I'll bet they walk into the deliberation room and just say "What the Helllll?" :waitasec:

I really thought she was going to say ".....one time at band camp......"

I dont understand when EJ was in Texas and they spent all that time and effort to search the dump why they didnt nab her and charge her with murder?

She wasn't there. She split for Florida and was arrested there.

If she comes back and answers a question with " I didnt do it but I dont know what my computer does when im not there" then we will know they have counseled with Jose Baez

There are some seriously classic moments from that trial!

San Antonio LE was trying to prepare a murder case against her, but they had no evidence beyond the text messages to Logan to prove it. One of the SA detectives came to interview EJ in jail, and claims he got her to confess, but because he questioned her even after he knew she was represented by counsel, that conversation can never be used against EJ because the judge ruled it violated her 6th amendment rights.

San Antonio LE was trying to prepare a murder case against her, but they had no evidence beyond the text messages to Logan to prove it. One of the SA detectives came to interview EJ in jail, and claims he got her to confess, but because he questioned her even after he knew she was represented by counsel, that conversation can never be used against EJ because the judge ruled it violated her 6th amendment rights.

By the time Texas LE knew EJ was in San Antonio, she had left. She left Tx on that bus on 12/27/09 for Florida.

All the above was way after EJ was arrested in Florida and brought back to AZ.

OMG my heart sank hearing that. I was so afraid that is what happened. Im guessing based on what motor mouth has said that they turned her down after she reached San Antonio so she just pulled a Casey Anthony...OMG that poor little baby.

:floorlaugh:...maybe it drinks wine, err Margarita's, errrr green stuff...and watches the Saints game while making chili.

Aw, my thinking is the computer is more of a jelly shots kind of machine... :panic:

Ive been trying to figure out what the state is attempting with this charge other than to harass TS in an effort to get her to divulge info she has if any on an illegal underground adoption which I hope and pray happened to Gabe ( as opposed to what I think really happened to him). I got a feeling that EJ didnt care about the baby and when felt she was out of options did exactly what she said she did. This is a sad case and if I had to pick between 2 places for Gabe TS or EJ I would pick TS any day. Yall might not like her or what she wears etc but at least she seems to me to really care about people and whether she made a mistake on the paperwork I think she was doing it based on what EJ was telling her at the time. Ofcourse she wanted the kid so she might have done something that would further benefit her and her goal of getting a sibling for her other child and is that bad? It is not like she reached through someone's window and snatched a child from a perfectly good family that wanted the kid. Gabe might have had a chance with them or at least a shot at a life, now look at him and I dont blame TS one bit unless I see something different today.

Oops....my first choice would have been the father. Forget those other two loons......

I really thought she was going to say ".....one time at band camp......"

FUNNYB14.gif

OMG my sides hurt...whew...too funny!

She said they started out at the law library looking stuff up, and then someone told her the name of a door to go through to file the paperwork, but she couldn't remember the name of it. (courthouse - duh) :floorlaugh:

Thanks for your response. Let's all hope that the jurors can see that it is all one vast, indoor complex. The Maricopa County complex houses court rooms, the tax assessor, the license bureau, the law library and the court filing counter. If she couldn't see any of the HUGE signs all over the place, then imo, she could've gone back into the law library or entered any other department and they would give her directions.

Having said that, my memory is telling me that the filing counter is smack dab in the middle of everything on the first floor, no way to miss it.

Geez, I guess her "body talk" worked - she remembers everything so clearly now 2+ years later than she did just days after it happened, and that's why her whole story is different.

Thanks for your response. Let's all hope that the jurors can see that it is all one vast, indoor complex. The Maricopa County complex houses court rooms, the tax assessor, the license bureau, the law library and the court filing counter. If she couldn't see any of the HUGE signs all over the place, then imo, she could've gone back into the law library or entered any other department and they would give her directions.

Having said that, my memory is telling me that the filing counter is smack dab in the middle of everything on the first floor, no way to miss it.

with the way her lawyer pointed out the baby being to blame for some of the confusion Im almost convinced he will say its a dingbat type syndrome an no criminal intent..it might work..we shall see

Geez, I guess her "body talk" worked - she remembers everything so clearly now 2+ years later than she did just days after it happened, and that's why her whole story is different.

Ya..worked great on her very selective memory...

Why didnt Logan go after his kid and file emergency custody to keep EJ from marching all around the country with the baby? I dont understand that part of this story? What was he doing all that time?

Note to self...never, never, never, never, never ask Tammi Smith for directions! I'll bet if you ask that woman what time it is...she'll tell you how to build a freakin' clock! She can't get from point "A" to point "B" without going through c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y, and z. Thank God for the lunch break today! We're all usually complaining about it but today it was so welcomed!

Note to self...never, never, never, never, never ask Tammi Smith for directions! I'll bet if you ask that woman what time it is...she'll tell you how to build a freakin' clock! She can't get from point "A" to point "B" without going through c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y, and z. Thank God for the lunch break today! We're all usually complaining about it but today it was so welcomed!

Yep Rodger that..and ya take your clients as they come I bet her counsel went back to their office and laughed about ole TS running her mouth and everbody gets more confused LOL

I jumped all over the lawyer I worked for one day after a trial and his client looked so bad and his reply was " what do you want me to do manufactor some brains and witnesses for him?" I said ok I get it.. you just have to deal with them and they often sink their own ship LOL

Why didnt Logan go after his kid and file emergency custody to keep EJ from marching all around the country with the baby? I dont understand that part of this story? What was he doing all that time?

He did file for emergency custody once he realized that EJ was gone. That was why TPS had kept saying to EJ you have to come back for court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph