Trial Thread 8 May 2012 Wrapping up Closing Arguments

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the purpose of reporting she was there?

What does it matter if she was there or not?

What difference does it make if she walks with a cane?

Why post pictures of her?

I rest my case.............

JMO..............

She is a player in this tragedy, in the same way that Tori's mom and dad and grandmother and aunt, etc. etc. are... and she has her son and his actions, or lack thereof, to thank for that. She is in the spotlight by a result of his involvement and that cannot be blamed on the media, IMO.

There have been pictures posted of many of Tori's family, so why is this any different? Did you also express outrage over their pictures being posted in the media?

Sorry, I don't get it.

In fact, I have sympathy for MR's mother. At the very least, when all is said and done, if she has followed this case at all, she will have learned (if she was previously unaware) that her son is a cad, a pimp, a liar and has such a faulty moral compass that, by his own lawyer's admission, covering up the murder of a child was not only ok by him, but he continued in a romantic relationship with the murderer.

That is knowledge that I would not wish on any mother.

But my sympathy for Tori's family runs deeper... Tori was the innocent in all of this.

All JMO.

well, she WAS there... as were a throng of media... She also put herself out there by making a statement to the media.

I guess it is what it is.

moo

Absolutely, by making a statement, she was making a statement. So she will have to take the good with the bad. Mom was trying to make her son look good, with that brings forth other opinions.

Why didn't she take the stand? MOO.

JMO..............

For weeks people have been asking, "Is anyone from MR's family in the courtroom?" and the answer has always been "No". So when his mother and her guy show finally show up, it isn't news?

People imply that MR's mother could in some way be responsible for the murder of TS, as a result of her actions or non actions... ..and at the same time claim immunity for the actions or non actions of others?

That is a double standard........by any other name.

JMO...............

Good-morning.

Attachments

• 528875_10151485235065271_714610270_300951547_1598887059_n.jpg
    528875_10151485235065271_714610270_300951547_1598887059_n.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 71
  • 523558_10150657368803321_260737528320_9322128_432340519_n.jpg
    523558_10150657368803321_260737528320_9322128_432340519_n.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 70
Good morning everyone

I was reading through yesterdays threads trying to catch up and all I kept thinking was sometimes we show our age.

It is quite interesting when hearing views and opinions and without a doubt I think I can picture who is older and who is from a younger generation. Especially when it comes to MR sleeping around, It shows that the generation gap is quite large at least to me

I got into a conversation with my mother about sexual partners a year or two ago and could see the same reaction from my mother as so many here when it comes to sex..

So we took the conversation to 5 generations of adult females ( My GG is from hearsay but believed to be accurate) and my mother couldn't pick her mouth off the floor because she couldn't believe that having multiple sexual partners is more and more common

To hear in todays society that someone is very sexually active is normal especially to the younger generations but go back 50+ years and it would have been very well hidden if you had more then 1 or 2 sexual partners, it was frowned upon back in those days i believe

My Great Grandmother - 1 Lifelong Sexual Partner ( 1890? - 1974 ) Hearsay
My Grandmother - 2 lifelong sexual Partner ( 1932 - 2009)
My Mother - 4-5 lifelong sexual partners ( 1947 - 2012)
Me - 12+ lifelong sexual partners ( 1971 - 2012)
Daughter - 7 lifelong sexual partners ( 1993 -2012)

The reason i posted this was because of all the negative reactions to a very sexual lifestyle. I believe it is common.

It is not just about the NUMBER of sexual partners you have, it is they way you TREAT them. His morals were not that of a normal person. He treated his women like puppets (and worse). JMO His sexuallity seemed devillish.

Absolutely, by making a statement, she was making a statement. So she will have to take the good with the bad. Mom was trying to make her son look good, with that brings forth other opinions.

BBM: She didn't take the stand, because in all likelihood, what she would have had to say, would have implicated her son.

That is the biggest issue the Jury will have, I believe.

The silence rings loud and clear, and attests to the cowardice and corroborates the guilt through the evidence, and it's undeniable fact.

There is no innuendo, smoke or mirrors with the hard physical evidence.

It is very strong, IMO.

JMO

Good morning everyone

I was reading through yesterdays threads trying to catch up and all I kept thinking was sometimes we show our age.

It is quite interesting when hearing views and opinions and without a doubt I think I can picture who is older and who is from a younger generation. Especially when it comes to MR sleeping around, It shows that the generation gap is quite large at least to me

I got into a conversation with my mother about sexual partners a year or two ago and could see the same reaction from my mother as so many here when it comes to sex..

So we took the conversation to 5 generations of adult females ( My GG is from hearsay but believed to be accurate) and my mother couldn't pick her mouth off the floor because she couldn't believe that having multiple sexual partners is more and more common

To hear in todays society that someone is very sexually active is normal especially to the younger generations but go back 50+ years and it would have been very well hidden if you had more then 1 or 2 sexual partners, it was frowned upon back in those days i believe

My Great Grandmother - 1 Lifelong Sexual Partner ( 1890? - 1974 ) Hearsay
My Grandmother - 2 lifelong sexual Partner ( 1932 - 2009)
My Mother - 4-5 lifelong sexual partners ( 1947 - 2012)
Me - 12+ lifelong sexual partners ( 1971 - 2012)
Daughter - 7 lifelong sexual partners ( 1993 -2012)

The reason i posted this was because of all the negative reactions to a very sexual lifestyle. I believe it is common.

You have had as many partners in your whole life as he had going at once! There is a HUGE difference JMO
Also my friends range from about 26-34 and I can tell you I have never,ever witnessed someone having 12+ people on the go. I have seen 3-4 but not 12! Also the 3-4 were never girlfriends it was just casual seeing eachother.

That's a very good question!!!! IMO the defense didn't call anyone to the stand as character witnesses because they knew they had better not open that door!!! It's going to be very interesting in the days ahead to see what wasn't allowed as evidence because Derstine objected to it. I am sincerely hoping the jury can see through all of it, for justice for Tori but also to get MR off the streets. IMO he could do this again to another child if he is found not guilty. But that's just MOO and my biggest fear.

People imply that MR's mother could in some way be responsible for the murder of TS, as a result of her actions or non actions... ..and at the same time claim immunity for the actions or non actions of others?

That is a double standard........by any other name.

JMO...............

I haven't seen anyone implying that MR's mother was in any way responsible for what happened. Did you read that somewhere?

bbm: it is my "guess" (and opinion) that she didn't have anything to add to the Crown's case. She is a victim in this like all other family members surrounding both the victim and the perp(s) ((and alleged perp))

Why will the judge's charge take so long? You said it could possibly take more than a day - what generally takes place that will take so long?

RaffertyLFP: Given the amount of ground they will cover it could take a full two days

Mike Knoll: - here is a definition I just found online: The judge's instructions to the jury concerning the law that applies to the facts of the case on trial.

The opinion expressed by the court to the jury, on the law arising out of a case before them.

It should contain a clear and explicit exposition of the law, when the points of the law in dispute arise out of the facts proved on the trial of the cause but the court ought at no time to undertake to decide the facts, for these are to be decided by the jury.

source: http://www.lectlaw.com/def/c163.htm

RaffertyLFP: Waiting for Rafferty trial to resume Crown will begin final arguments

RaffertyLFP: Given the amount of ground they will cover it could take a full two days [via Twitter]

Mike Knoll: @Alison - here is a definition I just found online: The judge's instructions to the jury concerning the law that applies to the facts of the case on trial.

The opinion expressed by the court to the jury, on the law arising out of a case before them.

It should contain a clear and explicit exposition of the law, when the points of the law in dispute arise out of the facts proved on the trial of the cause but the court ought at no time to undertake to decide the facts, for these are to be decided by the jury.

source: http://www.lectlaw.com/def/c163.htm

bbm: it is my "guess" (and opinion) that she didn't have anything to add to the Crown's case. She is a victim in this like all other family members surrounding both the victim and the perp(s) ((and alleged perp))

I agree. Also, IMO, there was the risk of mom perjuring herself on the stand furthermore becoming a hostile witness for the Crown. They did not want to take that risk, imo. Her testimony wasn't needed.

9:57 [Comment From Marlene Marlene : ]
Beings as no court on the weekend, if Jury came to a decision would they have to wait until Monday morning.
9:58 Mike Knoll: @Marlene - in that case, the verdict would be delivered more or less immediately - not on the Monday. Tuesday May 8, 2012 9:58 Mike Knoll

RaffertyLFP: Given the amount of ground they will cover it could take a full two days [via Twitter]

The Crown have ALOT of evidence. There is no denying it.

It makes the Defense's silence absurd, that no defense was offered except to blame the partner in crime for everything.

It's like, "If I don't say anything, maybe it will all just go away".

The Defense should NEVER have given up their chance to go last in their closing arguments.

JMO

If a relative of mine was on trial for such hideous charges, and maintained their innocence, I would support them until the jury decided otherwise.

I would express my deep sorrow to the family of the victim directly and in person, if that was acceptable to them, but I certainly would not hold a press conference to satisfy the press hunger for a sensational headline for their evening news roundup or newspaper coverage.
JMO................

and in red is what makes you a decent person. JMO

wow... so they won't even let the jury work on the weekend or on monday yet they will still be sequestered...

with the instructions taking two days (possibly) this is going to most likely go well into next week

moo

JMO..............

I completely agree with you Ardy, it's no wonder she has stayed under the radar when her son was first arrested, no doubt because she knew she would have media camped at her door trying to take her picture and ask her tons of questions. She's not the one on trial, her son is, and as soon as the media realized who she was, they couldn't wait to get their hooks into her, so they could sensationalize anything she had to say. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther