Trial Thread 8 May 2012 Wrapping up Closing Arguments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then I am the one you should be mad at. I am sorry if you are upset. I get upset when I think of what poor VS went thru and I do not understand what exactly people think happened to her.

1. Female children are not taken to settle drug debts.
2. We have no idea what MR has done in his past nor does it matter. TLM gave him his fantasy.
3. She was found in a remote location known to him.
4. She had no panties, tights, shoes or coat.
5. TLM testified he raped her in graphic details.
6. He gave her the money to buy the hammer
7. He threw away his back seat
8. He parked far from the school
7. VS blood mixed with a sperm faction
8. VS blood mixed with his blood on gym bag.
9. He did not want VS found.

I could go and on. I want justice for ALL OF IT!

You have every right to your opinion but posting here is a way to knock ideas and theories around. JMO

- he threw away VS skirt, panties and tights
-he threw away TLM's coat that he wiped himself with,
-he threw away the hammer

I hope that she ends up in solitary. Wouldn't she have a target on her back after testifying that she murdered Tori?

I would think so, she isn't in juvie anymore either so she won't be the toughie, there will be lots of women who are much tougher than her. It may be that a lot of the other inmates don't believe that she killed Tori, I'm still not convinced. MOO

That part always bothered me, from the pics of the back of MR car it seems like an awkward position to be in when trying to control a child you are raping ... And if he was in that position the why no DNA on the front seat (where tlm and MR dna found) it seems like a natural place the give you leverage, as well as this being the second rape one would think VS would be on his hands.

I don't know, I don't think we can ask "why no DNA" here or there, since the car was not analyzed until much much later. Who knows where he put his hands. I would imagine he knew though, which is why he cleaned and got rid of all of those areas. Fortunately, he did not do a completely thorough job, even then.

...jury members are actually crying as they are watching graphic pictures Tori !...it must be something completely unimagineable ...IMO ...as to what they are seeing in London courtroom....I am sure some members here have been there ????.. we can not imagine the impact ...Imo ...i see some of it from tweeter ....hard to read...please remeber during legal arguments the crown has not been able produce all of what there is ....some was deemed not premisable by judge ....that is what I am referring too above.....they did say if on tweeter ....if Crown finishes tomorrow as they think will happen ...if time permits ....the judge shall give instriction to Jury ....they shall be asked to reach a verdict soon.....!...as YOU ALL KNOW THE jury SHALL BE OUT TILL A VERDICT IS REACHED ...THANKS ROBYNHOOD ...SEE YOU TOMOROW ...i SHALL BE TWEETING AGAIN ...ALL DAY ...BYE ....

I don't know, I don't think we can ask "why no DNA" here or there, since the car was not analyzed until much much later. Who knows where he put his hands. I would imagine he knew though, which is why he cleaned and got rid of all of those areas. Fortunately, he did not do a completely thorough job, even then.

See the problem is that area was not clean, that is why TLM and MR DNA was found ...

Hey robynhood ... anybody else ever tell you, you're cute ;)

Thanks for all you've done.

SB

Agreed 100% SB! <3 Rockin Robyn lol. <3 xoxo Thanks for the tweets Robyn, awesome job!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaM4K70suHM&feature=related"]Rockin&#39; Robin&#39; - YouTube[/ame]

..EXACT WORDS ON TWEETER ..." JURY MEMBERS are tearing up " ...as there are pictures ...graphic in nature from forensic pathogologist flashing on screens in court room....sorry to say but tori's remains were what was being shown...tweeter kept saying caution pictures are graphic on screen monitor ....wanted you all to know what i saw on tweeter ....sorry for nature of what is said...via tweeter....robynhood..

See the problem is that area was not clean, that is why TLM and MR DNA was found ...

But aren't you talking about a different area of the car, where you presume he may have put his hand? I thought TLM testified that the rape took place in the back seat -- which conveniently was never found.

Agreed 100% SB! <3 Rockin Robyn lol. <3 xoxo Thanks for the tweets Robyn, awesome job!

Rockin' Robin' - YouTube

..we just watched your u tube video...extremely funny...my son just watched it and said" Mom you do not care about anything but websleuthers website & tori !...yep he is right ...I must see justice for Tori...thanks swedie !

It makes perfect sense to me. It was one of two things that the Crown was unable to find. The other was the Tim Hortons. But since that didn't depict the defendent in a negative light, and actually was attempted to be used as a positive, the defence adopted it even though it was never proven either.

So MR could only sit in the box and call her a liar on what was not proven with evidence. The only thing that wasn't was the car wash. And he's known that for quite some time.

MOO

Good observation. I was trying to figure out why this one part seemed to agitate him, and this makes sense.

I thought the eye rolling, etc. and other drama was probably a little show for the jury -- his last chance to try to act like a human by showing a smidgen of emotion, and his best guess at how an innocent person might react to being accused of a crime...? MOO

..EXACT WORDS ON TWEETER ..." JURY MEMBERS are tearing up " ...as there are pictures ...graphic in nature from forensic pathogologist flashing on screens in court room....sorry to say but tori's remains were what was being shown...tweeter kept saying caution pictures are graphic on screen monitor ....wanted you all to know what i saw on tweeter ....sorry for nature of what is said...via tweeter....robynhood..

RH, do you have the exact copy of the tweet with the originating site? Which reporter/station are you following? Just asking because I follow more than five and missed this about the jury tearing up. TIA

If he had something to say, why didn't he TAKE THE STAND??? MOO!!!

He should now <modnsip, modsnip, modsnip, modsnip>!!!!

MR didn't take the stand because he knew the Crown would chew him to bits and he would have to perjure himself with every answer.

It's heartbreaking to think how many lives MR and TLM have ruined because of MR's sexual deviance and two hours of sick thrills. Does anyone remember on what date MR posted on FB about his pathetic life (however he worded it)? MOO

Haven't caught up, and not sure if this article has been posted.

This is a must-read article from a Guelph Reporter today, covering Victoria's case since the beginning.

Tori&#8217;s fate an unsettling horror for all

The day after charges were laid against Michael Rafferty and Terri-Lynne McClintic for the murder of eight-year-old Victoria Stafford, I joined an army of media members chasing leads and investigators around the countryside between Guelph and Fergus.

My producer and I ended up spending an afternoon camped out with reporters and television crews watching over a heavily guarded dumpster and a rock pile near the corner of Hwy 22 and Jones Base Line. We were there to break the story to an anxious public. That is a reporter&#8217;s job. That is how he or she gets ahead in this business

http://www.guelphmercury.com/opinio...551--tori-s-fate-an-unsettling-horror-for-all

MR's Lied about....(from LE interview)

-where he was on April 8th
-didn't know TLM's last name
-doesn't do drugs
-what he knew about the case
-didn't know who TM was (this was May 15th...he knew who she was)
-didn't know who JG was
-didn't know the "missing little girls" name
-didn't know Amanda's last name
-said he worked in construction....he left out the drug dealing and pimp job
-did you follow the case of the missing girl - I heard the helicopters
-he didn't recognize TLM in the video
-never seen TLM in a white puffy jacket
-he "might Have" seen TLM on April 8th
-never gone out of town with TLM

If he was innocent, why wouldn't he clear his guilty appearance by leading LE to
-the hammer
-VS's panties, tights, skirt, backpack and jacket
-TLM's coat
-the back seat
or speak up (he seemed to want to say a few things today) and tell his innocent story!!!!!

oh ya....because he is guilty!!!!! JMO

But he did have one in his trunk. And one of his lady friends testified to helping him install speakers in the back. So he was obviously in the process of it.

JMO

But he told Sarah Hodge that he was installing bucket seats. Presumably this was to explain why there was no lower back seat, but bucket seats would require the upper portion to be removed also.

Well ladies and gentlemen I am off the site until tomorrow afternoon. After a harty debate with myself I decided I have to go in to my new job tomorrow instead of sit on the computer. However I will be back in the afternoon. Everyone behave :) it appears we are dropping like flies around here.

a Big Thank you for posting the Crown's closing and your opinions, i've just finished reading and the Crown is doing a great job. I'm thinking that the Jury won't have the case until Friday, so hopefully we may even hear before the end of the week-end... Monday at the latest?? There isn't much I find debatable about them acting together or that MR rape Tori. The brutality to how she was murdered breaks my heart. OMG
No parent (family member) should ever have to experience and live with that memory.

Thank-you, Randy Richmond and The London Free Press.

Great reporting.

Great job getting Rafferty's lies heard without him actually testifying, overlayed onto the corroborating video, it tells a very clear story, IMO.

(Number of Lies inserted by me, not written by Randy)

Michael Rafferty's voice filled the courtroom as the images played on the computer screens.

(Lie #1) "My girlfriend, no . . ." he said of Terri-Lynne McClintic as the screen showed a photo he took of her in a hotel room.

(Lie #2) "I don't know what I was doing" April 8, 2009, he said, as the screen played a video of his car, or one looking a lot like it, driving up the street outside the school of Victoria (Tori) Stafford that very day.

(Lie #3) "I've never gone anywhere with her," Rafferty said, as a video showed him and McClintic at a Guelph Home Depot.

(Lie #4) " . . . because you uh know you want to help . . . " he said, explaining why he kept his ears open for word of the missing eight-year-old Tori.

Is that so? Crown attorney Kevin Gowdey wondered in court Tuesday after that last bit of an audio-visual show was done.

Rafferty's words came from the audiotaped May 15, 2009, interview he had with police.

"It was the perfect opportunity to do the moral thing, the right thing to do, to tell them all about what Ms. McClintic had done..." Gowdey said. Instead, he lied, the Crown said.

With a combination of visual aids, drama and a methodical laying out of facts, Gowdey began the Crown's closing arguments Tuesday in Rafferty's first-degree murder trial.

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/05/08/19734041.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member