Trial - Week 2 - What To Expect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any thoughts on when Jesse Grund will fit in this presentation? I would have thought he might go after TonE, so I don't know how they will fit him in to their story.

Has anyone seen a copy of the hearing of the Anthony's lawyer that he is going to argue in the morning? is the motion online somewhere?? I am dying to know what he is going to say. I wonder if he is going to try and block the defense from bringing up child abuse by GA as a defense since there is no proof of that?

Has anyone seen a copy of the hearing of the Anthony's lawyer that he is going to argue in the morning? is the motion online somewhere?? I am dying to know what he is going to say. I wonder if he is going to try and block the defense from bringing up child abuse by GA as a defense since there is no proof of that?

He filed it on behalf of Lee. To allow him to sit in on the trial, as his parents are. See the news thread, Twitter thread, or the Lee wants to sit in courtroom thread. It is mentioned in all of them.

Tomorrow begins week 2 of the trial. There will be a motion hearing prior to the jury being brought in and the trial resuming. Attorney Mark Lippman, the Anthony's attorney, will be presenting his motion.

On Saturday, Cindy Anthony was on the witness stand. Her testimony so far has covered events from June 15, 2008 up through July 3, 2008.

I expect tomorrow will begin with Cindy remaining on the witness stand and being questioned on the events leading up through July 15th - retrieving the Pontiac from the impound yard, contacting Amy Huizenga, finding KC and bringing her home, and the events that resulted in KC's arrest on July 16th.

I think the 9-11 calls will be played for the jury.

I think Cindy will be followed by Lee Anthony, questioning him about looking for KC on July 3rd, and the events the evening of July 15, 2008 that led up to KC's disclosure that the nanny kidnapped Caylee.

I think Lee will be followed by George Anthony being questioned about the evening of July 15th after he returned home from work.

Last Friday, HHBP asked state attorney Linda Drane Burdick about this week's schedule of witnesses and she stated that she expected to put LE personnel on the witness stand.

I expect the LE to take the witness stand will be the first responding officers followed by Yuri Melich and John Allen.

I think this week will be a major week of trial testimony as the events of July 15 and 16, 2008 are covered in detail.

What do you expect this week? Will there be any major bombshells?

Great post, Leila, and I think your lineup is fantastic. I am very eager to hear from these players, especially YM. LDB had done great job so far so I trust her judgment but I wouldn't be surprised if her lineup isn't very similar to yours.

I've wondered about that too. I thought that the money and checks that KC stole from Amy would come in as they're pertinent in part to what KC did during those 31 days - shopping at Target, cashing a check at the bank, and shopping, when she didn't have a job or any source of income.

But so far, the financial aspects have only been alluded to in the questions LDB has asked Cindy. In particular, she asked Cindy if she went to Universal Studios on July 3rd due to a financial issue that had come up, and Cindy confirmed that was the reason in addition to wanting to see Caylee.

I suspect we're going to see a lengthy sidebar about whether or not the fact that KC stole money and checks from Amy can come in.

The surveillance videos of Casey shopping has been entered into evidence Now we just need to add Amy's testimony to that..I hope...

I am looking forward to this week's testimonies. It's going to get good, not that it already hasn't. Can't wait for law enforcement to take the stand. I wonder if they will play the interview tapes from Universal Studios? :fence:

I predict that this week will take as long as TWO weeks! :floorlaugh:

You know, Jose kind of opened the door on KC's thieving ways, on the 27th he asked W.Waters if KC "made off with anything" from his house... so, why can't the SA ask the same of Amy? :wink:

mo

eta: Correction. He asked WW if she made off with his laptop.

13th JB question in this post: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - William W.'s testimony

bbm
Does anyone have an idea as to why Baez would ask this question?
So she didn't steal from Will...she didn't know him long enough IMO but she does a criminal record regarding something far worse IMO than stealing a laptop.

The surveillance videos of Casey shopping has been entered into evidence Now we just need to add Amy's testimony to that..I hope...

And then have JB questioning her, "Well, she said she was sorry through her mother, didn't she?" Man, if he tries to bully Amy live, the way he did in her depo, the jury is going to HATE him! IMO of course!

When Yuri takes the stand, it is over. He comes across as a caring, caring man who left nothing unturned and Lord can he hold his own.

Especially the...I could not believe the mother of a missing child would lie to me about her whereabouts when we were there to help her find her child.

The I hope the prosecutors play the Universal tape..

Any thoughts on when Jesse Grund will fit in this presentation? I would have thought he might go after TonE, so I don't know how they will fit him in to their story.

I have wondered about that as well.

I think that after the state gets through the events of July 15 and 16, and the law enforcement that were present during those two days, they will launch into all the supporting witness testimony and the forensic evidence.

bbm
So she didn't steal from Will...she didn't know him long enough IMO but she does a criminal record regarding something far worse IMO than stealing a laptop.

I kind of thought it was an unconsidered mocking question in response to being rankled by all the tapes of KC stealing others' money in her sprees in Target and JCP, etc. The amusing thing is that I thought when I heard that that JB also saw the irony in someone asking KC to guard valuables and in the moment, that's what popped out of his mouth.

Hopefully, Amy will be allowed to testify to the theft. Otherwise the surveillance videos really don't have an explanation other than showing that KC wasn't "doing her own investigation", but busy shopping.

The Anthony's were so busy trying to protect Casey before and I believe that was alot of their attitudes and then the media hounding them etc.

They did not want to believe that Casey was at fault for Caylee being missing and obviously gave in to the lying little vixen. They protected her as their daughter and most likely did think there was a Zanny the Nanny. Or they were hoping.

This time around all they have to do is tell the truth!

Which I now think they have seen the light and will.

I really want to see Casey's head explode this time around.

bbm

Maybe Baez just wanted to point out (since he expects her stealing to come out later) it would have been easy to steal in the party atmosphere yet she did not, so it shows you she's not a person who steals habitually. What do you mean by "far worse than stealing a laptop"? A laptop might have been more valuable than the checks she stole from Amy.

Don't really know 'where' to post this, but a few people were asking during testimony - how many 'sidebars' - soooo, I took the time and went back, yes I did :crazy: and here's my count:

5/24 Day One: 6 (all of these occurred during JB's questioning of GA; a few of them HHJP teaching Law 101 to JB!) :floorlaugh: also QUITE a few "Objection", "Sustained" - at least 16 to 18!!

5/25 Day Two: 9

5/26 Day Three: 15
(per Wise Old Owl, so I didn't count them!)

5/27 Day Four: 7

5/28 Day Five: 4

Total first week: 41

Editted to add: I will continue to count them...

I'm jealous of everyone who can watch the trial "live" this week. I'll be lucky to catch the last 30 minutes of each day.....

Hopefully, Amy will be allowed to testify to the theft. Otherwise the surveillance videos really don't have an explanation other than showing that KC wasn't "doing her own investigation", but busy shopping.

I may be crazy but I thought I heard that the SA won't be able to get the check theft in because ICA has plead guilty to it already and it would be considered prejudical? I can't remember where I heard this...probably NG, JVM, Geraldo, one of those.

I'm hoping the "MY CAYLEE IS MISSING" will be allowed first thing!

Imagine the ICA daggers for that!

When the DT made the decision to move their table to be facing the jury, was a HUGE mistake! The jury has no choice but to see ICA glare, stare down, frown, and grimace at every single thing that ICA KNOWS to be true.... it doesn't get any better than that! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member