Trial - Week 2 - What To Expect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully, Amy will be allowed to testify to the theft. Otherwise the surveillance videos really don't have an explanation other than showing that KC wasn't "doing her own investigation", but busy shopping.

Don't I remember that Tony ask ICA why she stole money from Amy and she told him she needed a back up plan... or am I imagining that ?

Has anyone seen a copy of the hearing of the Anthony's lawyer that he is going to argue in the morning? is the motion online somewhere?? I am dying to know what he is going to say. I wonder if he is going to try and block the defense from bringing up child abuse by GA as a defense since there is no proof of that?

http://www.wftv.com/news/28074159/detail.html

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey Anthony will be back in an Orange County courtroom for day 17 of her murder trial on Tuesday and her brother is asking the judge for permission to be in court.
A motion was filed over the weekend by Casey's brother, Lee Anthony, who is also a witness in the case. Lee Anthony’s attorney, Mark Lippman, who is also representing George and Cindy Anthony, will petition the judge on Tuesday to allow Lee Anthony to sit in on the trial and hear testimony from other witnesses. Typically witnesses aren't allowed to be in court to hear other testimony.

I may be crazy but I thought I heard that the SA won't be able to get the check theft in because ICA has plead guilty to it already and it would be considered prejudical? I can't remember where I heard this...probably NG, JVM, Geraldo, one of those.

That is my understanding too but it can be mentioned when Amy goes and talks to TL because her check book was there.

bbm
Does anyone have an idea as to why Baez would ask this question?
So she didn't steal from Will...she didn't know him long enough IMO but she does a criminal record regarding something far worse IMO than stealing a laptop.

Didn't Will ask her to keep an eye on things to "make sure nothing walked out the door" because there were a lot of people he didn't know well (including her)

Especially the...I could not believe the mother of a missing child would lie to me about her whereabouts when we were there to help her find her child.

The I hope the prosecutors play the Universal tape..

The Universal tape is THE best ever. If I were a cop during that time I would have slapped her stupid and then been fired lol They were so professional and I totally enjoyed the good cop/bad cop interviewing.

That showed the true KC too. I believe she has lied so much in her life that she actually believes herself. Then again, I think her plan was to kill her parents and thus get the house (would save them signing it over).

Don't really know 'where' to post this, but a few people were asking during testimony - how many 'sidebars' - soooo, I took the time and went back, yes I did :crazy: and here's my count:

5/24 Day One: 6 (all of these occurred during JB's questioning of GA; a few of them HHJP teaching Law 101 to JB!) :floorlaugh: also QUITE a few "Objection", "Sustained" - at least 16 to 18!!

5/25 Day Two: 9

5/26 Day Three: 15
(per Wise Old Owl, so I didn't count them!)

5/27 Day Four: 7

5/28 Day Five: 4

Total first week: 41

Editted to add: I will continue to count them...

Thanks Niner! That's why I said that this week could take as long as two weeks. Considering how many witnesses there are, the sidebars are going to stretch this trial out to at least the full 8 weeks, if not more.

I've wondered about that too. I thought that the money and checks that KC stole from Amy would come in as they're pertinent in part to what KC did during those 31 days - shopping at Target, cashing a check at the bank, and shopping, when she didn't have a job or any source of income.

But so far, the financial aspects have only been alluded to in the questions LDB has asked Cindy. In particular, she asked Cindy if she went to Universal Studios on July 3rd due to a financial issue that had come up, and Cindy confirmed that was the reason in addition to wanting to see Caylee.

I suspect we're going to see a lengthy sidebar about whether or not the fact that KC stole money and checks from Amy can come in.

BBM
Since the state showed the Jury this video I have thought they are going to have to explain something about why show ICA at a bank...kwim?

OT for a second . Sorry ..but mentioning Amy . ICA really did a number on her .
Was she jealous of Amy ? I figure the money part was because she didn't have access to her parents cash anymore but even stringing Amy along about the house or even the house Casey said she was going to buy herself .
It wouldn't have taken long for the money she stole from her to come out either as she's know something was up the first time she tried to use her ATM . Oh wait ! Or the $400 Amy 'lost' when Casey saw her sleepwalking !
Amy comes across to me as the anti- Casey.
Very sweet and nice .

Won't it be the best when Lee Anthony can be in the court room and the three of them have a hug fest in front of Casey... That will be the best show yet... getting popcorn ready for that.

I thought I had heard that Lee may not be allowed to sit in because he is not what they consider "next" of kin??? Something about since the grandparents are still amongst the living.

Has anyone seen a copy of the hearing of the Anthony's lawyer that he is going to argue in the morning? is the motion online somewhere?? I am dying to know what he is going to say. I wonder if he is going to try and block the defense from bringing up child abuse by GA as a defense since there is no proof of that?

He did file the motion for Lee to attend the trial. I was thinking that, that was it and that we were just thinking it was a seperate motion.

You all have me very excited for the week to come so I am going to bed ...Goodnight.

I'm jealous of everyone who can watch the trial "live" this week. I'll be lucky to catch the last 30 minutes of each day.....

I don't get to watch it live either... but PattyG puts the whole thing up so I get to watch it that way.

All trial footage:

http://www.youtube.com/Sierra1947#g/u

When Yuri takes the stand, it is over. He comes across as a caring, caring man who left nothing unturned and Lord can he hold his own.

Oh... Baez "cross examining" Yuri is going to be good...
:floorlaugh:

Can anyone direct me to the SA and DT Witness lists please? I'm sure they are right in front of me, but I can't seem to find them.

TIA

Can anyone direct me to the SA and DT Witness lists please? I'm sure they are right in front of me, but I can't seem to find them.

TIA

As I understand it - only the State and Defense have that - and it is NOT published anywhere! As you probably know, the Defense wanted the list of witnesses to be called each and everyday from the State, but all the State has to do is furnish the Defense the actual list... I guess their "Digit Man" Baez doesn't have all that on their computers to pull up 'see' what a particular witness has said before when the State calls them up.

Danny Knight, the guy who did KC's tattoo, tweeted that he's scheduled to testify on Friday so we should see that tattoo evidence brought in this week.

This is my first thread so if I messed up, Mods please move :)
I had predicted this trial to take at least 8 weeks just for Guilt phase. But I'm wondering if it will go a bit faster now since her family has taken the stand. What are your predictions?

Wishful thinking on my part but I wish she would cop a plea and take lwop but I doubt seriously if that would ever happen....I don't think even if she is found guilty she will get the DP!

I do think as of right now the SA is moving along faster than expected and if the DT would stop their antics they would have been much further along by now. :)

I live for the day the verdict is read, Martini in hand....LOL!!!

Wishful thinking on my part but I wish she would cop a plea and take lwop but I doubt seriously if that would ever happen....I don't think even if she is found guilty she will get the DP!

I do think as of right now the SA is moving along faster than expected and if the DT would stop their antics they would have been much further along by now. :)

I live for the day the verdict is read, Martini in hand....LOL!!!

bbm
Cheers to that Bon :toastred:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members