Trip to Huelva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm I know it's a theory but in my humble opinion it's not a very valid one because if you read the quote below from the Times a lot of backtracking seems to be happening over the forensic evidence supposedly found in the car.

[Source]
. . .
Thanks for the link and the update.

Yes, I see your point but since the theory has come up and at least seems plausible I think the possibility needs to be looked at carefully just to be sure. Being sure can't hurt the parents if they are innocent and if they are guilty it might result in recovery of body.

However, I am interested to hear of the evidence seeming to be melting away, especially that about the labs complaining that their results are being misused.

Thanks for the link and the update.

Yes, I see your point but since the theory has come up and at least seems plausible I think the possibility needs to be looked at carefully just to be sure. Being sure can't hurt the parents if they are innocent and if they are guilty it might result in recovery of body.

However, I am interested to hear of the evidence seeming to be melting away, especially that about the labs complaining that their results are being misused.

Hello docwho3, thanks for replying.

I can't tell you how much it bothers me that the Portuguese LE did not take the initiative & investigate the family first, if only for the purposes of eliminating them from the investigation.

It also bothers me that a fellow Enropean country is now being perceived so negatively for their handling of such a dreadful event & that when the 'fit hits the shan' that everyone seems to be too busy ducking and diving for cover & that the search for Madeleine gets pushed to the background by all the brouhaha.

Where did you read "dig up her remains"???? That is exactly what infuriates me to no end....

I was talking about removing evidence...clothes, a duffel bag...etc.

I am trying to be nice.....:furious: :furious:

i should have said "dig up her remains...and move her....I just wanted to make it clear that I never meant move her...

Actually, here's exactly what you said, colomom:

"IF, as some have thought, Madeleine was killed and hastily buried close by the resort on the night of May 3rd and after hearing that the sniffer dogs were coming, someone panicked and realized that she had been buried with "something" that could be traced back to "someone". So maybe that someone might have thought it a good idea to remove this traceable evidence and maybe put it in the back of a car and drive it far away to bury it somewhere. That way if a body was found it would be easier to say someone else had left her there."

In order to get the "evidence" you're talking about (which was obviously by your own post) buried with her, they would have HAD to dig up the remains. No one said MOVE the REMAINS, just remove the evidence you referenced.

Sorry you're having a bad day.

Can someone tell me what the cadaver jeans are?
Are you all referring to the jeans Kate wore in the link above?
Did she wear those the night Maddie disappeared?
Did the cadaver dog(s) alert to the jeans?
TIA

Actually, here's exactly what you said, colomom:

"IF, as some have thought, Madeleine was killed and hastily buried close by the resort on the night of May 3rd and after hearing that the sniffer dogs were coming, someone panicked and realized that she had been buried with "something" that could be traced back to "someone". So maybe that someone might have thought it a good idea to remove this traceable evidence and maybe put it in the back of a car and drive it far away to bury it somewhere. That way if a body was found it would be easier to say someone else had left her there."

In order to get the "evidence" you're talking about (which was obviously by your own post) buried with her, they would have HAD to dig up the remains. No one said MOVE the REMAINS, just remove the evidence you referenced.

Sorry you're having a bad day.

From Irish Mist's post: "But to dig up the remains, load her in a car, take her out of the car and bury her"

We got this all clarified yesterday...the bad day was yesterday....

Thanks anyway....

Thanks for these fascinating articles from Paulo Reis.

They show that there were a few opportune moments when Gerry was NOT being hounded by the press, and he COULD HAVE removed remains or articles from one place to another.

Tiny little Maddie most certainly could have fit into a dufflebag.

Gerry is going to have quite a few more "upset stomachs" before all is said and done.

From Irish Mist's post: "But to dig up the remains, load her in a car, take her out of the car and bury her"

We got this all clarified yesterday...the bad day was yesterday....

Thanks anyway....

Utterly amazing, 'cause this is the first time this has come up on my computer. How strange is that?

Anyway, hope you're having a better day, although it sounds like your nerves are frayed. I believe this case does that to you.

Colomom,

I believe your nerves are right as rain so don't let all these little "digs" get to you. This case has frustrated many of us. I appreciate your dedication to Maddie's forum and I look forward to reading your posts daily. I also appreciate that you keep your cool rather well! YOU are a very good example of the best of Websleuths, imho.

Funny thing is...my nerves are fine.

As I was telling a friend in a PM today....I know it is slow, news wise, and I know we are all hungry for something to happen in this case, and I know that hungry people are grumpy people....most of the time.

I would describe myself as being a little frustrated. I am frustrated with people's lack of tolerance for each other and for each other's feelings. For the life of me, I cannot understand why some people need to use sarcasm in their posts. To me that just seems mean-spirited. I really wish we could just appreciate what each of us brings to this forum and perhaps find just a little kindness in our hearts so that we can look past something that we don't agree with. But then again, we are just people, aren't we? Nobody's perfect.

Anyway....maybe what you are picking up in my rather "heated" posts of late is the fact that I have a cold...and I feel like death.

836.gif

Colomom,

I believe your nerves are right as rain so don't let all these little "digs" get to you. This case has frustrated many of us. I appreciate your dedication to Maddie's forum and I look forward to reading your posts daily. I also appreciate that you keep your cool rather well! YOU are a very good example of the best of Websleuths, imho.

:blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

I truly do love you guys....
608.png

As I was telling a friend in a PM today....I know it is slow, news wise, and I know we are all hungry for something to happen in this case, and I know that hungry people are grumpy people....most of the time.

I would describe myself as being a little frustrated. I am frustrated with people's lack of tolerance for each other and for each other's feelings. For the life of me, I cannot understand why some people need to use sarcasm in their posts. To me that just seems mean-spirited. I really wish we could just appreciate what each of us brings to this forum and perhaps find just a little kindness in our hearts so that we can look past something that we don't agree with. But then again, we are just people, aren't we? Nobody's perfect.

Anyway....maybe what you are picking up in my rather "heated" posts of late is the fact that I have a cold...and I feel like death.

836.gif

I was being a little snarky towards another poster in my post. I apologize for that.
1.gif

How's that old saying go?

Why can't we all just get a bong?

... get along... I mean get along!!

16.gif

836.gif

When I said "you", I didn't mean you, colomom, I meant the plural you, as in all of us, me included. Sorry if you and others took it the wrong way.

When I said "you", I didn't mean you, colomom, I meant the plural you, as in all of us, me included. Sorry if you and others took it the wrong way.

No harm done AfterMidnight...I was just responding to this part anyway:

"Anyway, hope you're having a better day, although it sounds like your nerves are frayed."

Peace...seriously....
surrender.gif

It would seem that if the PJ did what they claimed they did- use GPS and satellite tracking of the McCanns, they should be able to pull up detailed pictures of them in all sorts of activities. So if they went somewhere and dug up Madeleine's body and then drove to Huelva and pulled off the road to rebury her, you'd figure they would find out.

It would seem that if the PJ did what they claimed they did- use GPS and satellite tracking of the McCanns, they should be able to pull up detailed pictures of them in all sorts of activities. So if they went somewhere and dug up Madeleine's body and then drove to Huelva and pulled off the road to rebury her, you'd figure they would find out.

This is truly what I cannot figure out. IF they have all of this stuff on the parents - ARREST THEM ALREADY!!

Does anyone know why they have not? That's a genuine question, asked without malice or sarcasm and open to all input regardless of whether we agree or not in general.

This is truly what I cannot figure out. IF they have all of this stuff on the parents - ARREST THEM ALREADY!!

Does anyone know why they have not? That's a genuine question, asked without malice or sarcasm and open to all input regardless of whether we agree or not in general.

Here's a site I go to regularly:

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/newsfeed/?name=Madeleine+McCann

From the articles there, I've gathered that the PJ simply don't have enough evidence. They've done their best to 'scare' the McCann's into confessing, but that didn't work. I think they're going on four rather thin threads:

1) the abduction investigation didn't find anything.
2) parents kill children more often than strangers do.
3) the cadaver dogs alerted to McCanns' space & belongings; not to Murat's.
4) DNA evidence is suggestive (but not conclusive).

Altogether it's enough to give them a strong hunch (we all know how that is!) but not enough to cross the legal threshold for charging or convicting someone (I guess you basically don't charge unless you believe you can convict, so those are the same threshold).

I think their announcement that Murat is no longer a suspect is just another way they are using to try to scare the McCanns into giving away something new. Also the reports about digging up church yards. It's not plausible. You could probably take an earth mover to the entire country of Portugal, and still not find her.

So, they're kind of desperate. To be fair, PJ have been under intense pressure. I'm waiting for a PJ spokesman to say how "hurtful" it's all been. <- Ok, that is sarcasm, but not toward anyone here! :)

Love you all.

I also think that there is intense pressure from above to bury this case. If the McCanns are as politically well-connected as they appear to be, I imagine that there are people in high places who do NOT want them to be guilty of harming Madeleine. I think it's entirely plausible for the UK government to have "asked" the Portuguese government to let the charges just die on the vine. The magistrate can hem and haw all he likes for the next 8 months about not having enough evidence to charge the parents, and it will just go away.

I also think that there is intense pressure from above to bury this case. If the McCanns are as politically well-connected as they appear to be, I imagine that there are people in high places who do NOT want them to be guilty of harming Madeleine. I think it's entirely plausible for the UK government to have "asked" the Portuguese government to let the charges just die on the vine. The magistrate can hem and haw all he likes for the next 8 months about not having enough evidence to charge the parents, and it will just go away.

I must respectfully completely disagree with this. I would think that having 'egg on face' would pale in comparison to letting child murderers go free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member