Tulsa exorcist facing increasing 'demonic activity'; Black Mass Sunday in OKC

Thank you.

I thought it was the way I was explaining, turns out it was the way I was reading :blushing:
I do understand that there are no physical records, so an opinion can be there was no such person.
Everyone has their own belief system - I believe there was such a person.

My niece should of went with just the calendar. It's world wide and still used today.
Never mentioning the fact the inventor/creator based his item on the life/times of Christ.
The teacher would have given her credit.
And that's the part I think is so sad, there could be no mention of His name.
Even in a non-religious way.
Oh well :therethere: on me.
All's good :seeya:

Thank you.

I thought it was the way I was explaining, turns out it was the way I was reading :blushing:
I do understand that there are no physical records, so an opinion can be there was no such person.
Everyone has their own belief system - I believe there was such a person.

My niece should of went with just the calendar. It's world wide and still used today.
Never mentioning the fact the inventor/creator based his item on the life/times of Christ.
The teacher would have given her credit.
And that's the part I think is so sad, there could be no mention of His name.
Even in a non-religious way.
Oh well :therethere: on me.
All's good :seeya:

I assume it's obvious I'm not a Christian. I was raised a devout evangelical and I still have great respect for the millions of people who use Christianity in a positive way. But I'm not an "anything" because I don't believe there is any one path to truth.

But I with you on this one, Ruby. It is absurd to expect young people to learn history (or any subject in the Humanities) with no reference to religious beliefs and movements. Trying to do so completely distorts every student's view of the past.

For years I taught a course entitled "Theater and Religious Ritual" that covered the way secular theater arose from various religious traditions. To teach the class, I had to teach college juniors Christianity, Greek and Roman religions, Hinduism, Buddhism and various African religions, which made it a tough class but a very necessary one.

To me, the problem isn't that kids won't hear of Jesus (they have other sources for that), but that they won't become educated people, with or without religious faith.

To learn other religions (even to question ones own) IMO only makes a person stronger for their decisions/choice of belief.
The world is large with many different cultures. Your course sounds very interesting.

I'm not opposed at keeping state and church separate - or if an aspect of one is allowed, then allow others.
Kind of like this Satanic Civic Center doing (felt I needed to mention - keep it on topic)

I guess I had/have a bur under my saddle, couple of years ago the school district (my nieces) took out Christmas and Easter on the schools calendar. No mention of these "holidays" on the actual dates. But they did add in other religious types of holidays. When my sister questioned, their reply was, kids are not in school at those times and they added in the other holidays as to not offend. It does not make sense to me, but hey, I have no children in that district.

I think I out winded my quick short post I started with at the beginning of this thread :hilarious:

:peace:

Well, children may not be in school on Easter, but six out of seven Christmas Days falls on a school day. It's obviously a cultural holiday in Western countries as well as a religious one. You'd better believe my atheist children and grandchildren celebrate it. (BTW, they aren't non-believers because of me. My wonderful (no sarcasm) son-in-law imigrated from Soviet Russia.)

I think a whole lot of children and adults alike celebrate it - maybe all for different reasons :santahat:

Believers, non-believers, or anti-believers, if anyone sneezes - I'm going to say God Bless You.

I still have a little rebel left in me, and not always PC :cool::freakedout::cool2::tomato:

:peace:

P.S. I really like the smileycons :blushing:

Oklahoma City archbishop worries showdown over satanic 'black mass' may loom (Daily Oklahoman)

---
“Even though our city leaders apparently do not take this threat seriously, I do,” Roman Catholic Archbishop Paul S. Coakley wrote Thursday in his column posted on the Archdiocese of Oklahoma City’s website. “As a Catholic priest and bishop I have witnessed in my ministry the battle between forces of good and evil in both ordinary and extraordinary ways.”
---
the rest at link above

Satanic black mass seeks to free people from influence of God, organizer says (Tulsa World)
• The organizer says it is “very serious” and is not a publicity stunt.

Sunday’s upcoming Satanic black mass in the Oklahoma City Civic Center may be attracting national media attention, but it is not a publicity stunt, says Adam Daniels, the self-avowed devil worshipper who organized it.

“This is not a game. It’s very serious to us,” Daniels said in a phone conversation this week.

“This will be held as a real black mass, altered to follow state laws,” he said.
---
rhe rest, w/video, at link above

“Even though our city leaders apparently do not take this threat seriously, I do,” Roman Catholic Archbishop Paul S. Coakley wrote Thursday in his column posted on the Archdiocese of Oklahoma City’s website. “As a Catholic priest and bishop I have witnessed in my ministry the battle between forces of good and evil in both ordinary and extraordinary ways.”

(Emphasis added.)

The Catholic clergy simply have no sense of irony, do they?

Hundreds gather in Oklahoma City to pray, protest 'black mass' (Sunday Oklahoman)

---
“Your presence here today is a powerful witness of your faith in the midst of a challenging time for our community,” Archbishop Paul S. Coakley said.

Coakley, spiritual leader for the Archdiocese of Oklahoma City, then shared the reason for the afternoon gathering — a war being waged against the devil.

“Our city has been targeted by dark forces,” he told the crowd.
---

OKC's 'black mass' thrills, disgusts area Christians (Daily Oklahoman, with links to other articles as well re: events)

---
About 42 people sat in the audience, although 88 tickets were sold. A band played four songs before (leader Adam) Daniels appeared again, this time dressed in a black robe typically worn by priests. He promised to be as authentic as possible to the original black mass events that he said were rumored to have started in the 1300s by Catholic priests and nuns involved in illicit encounters together. He said the Eucharist ritual that the Catholic Church uses today stems from pagan rituals.
---
the rest at link above

Ire-drawn Christians gather to protest 'black mass' (Daily Oklahoman)

---
Albert Storz, 44, of Tulsa, walked with determination through the crowd, sermonizing and holding up his Bible.

“Shame, shame on Oklahoma City,” he yelled, his voice hoarse and cracking and his forehead dripping with sweat.
---
“The Bible says evil prevails if good men do nothing,” Storz said, his breath short from yelling.

“We may be provoking the Satanists, but it’s a whole lot better than standing by and doing nothing,” Storz said. “I’m going to be a light, a voice in the darkness.”
---
the rest at link above

Two arrested in connection with protests of 'black mass' in Oklahoma City (Daily Oklahoman)

---
Joan Andrews, 66, who police think is from Pennsylvania, was arrested on complaints of trespassing and interfering with official process, which are misdemeanor municipal charges.
---
Police said Andrews told authorities her name was Joan Bell, but she would not give them any additional information. She said her religion would not allow her to cooperate with a city that allowed Satan to be worshipped, police said.

Police said they think Andrews is a habitual protester who has been arrested more than 200 times.
---
the rest at the link above

I know we have a number of devout, righteous Christians on this board, so I want to reiterate that my skepticism in this thread is based on two factors: (1) so-called Satanism is a construction of (a minority of) Christians and not a separate belief system; and (2) the overreaction in Oklahoma City in response to an event that attracted fewer than 4 dozen participants!

Nothing I've posted here was meant to denigrate the faith or good works of the millions of fine Christians who show us the face of Christ Himself in their daily words and deeds.

Well, gosh, I'm hearing Oklahoma's still extant and didn't disappear into a fiery cauldron of wailing souls. And gas prices are plummeting, but -- no sir and no ma'am -- I won't credit this last to the Power of Darkness and Sunday's little bout of in-state Satan-worship.

So I gather Oklahoma City and the Civic Center are all still there. Nothing sinister has happened, we can all breathe a sigh of relief...
It was all attention seeking, they got a little bit of attention, they ruffed a few feathers, and we all got a little bit of entertainment...

It's all so very 14th century.

Even -- or maybe especially -- as a Christian, the Church's histrionic reaction to this folly disgusts me greatly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back