TX - Abigail “Abby” Young, Up for Parole on a Yearly Basis

Rep. Riddle certainly did her "homework" re the facts of the Emma Thompson case as to why Lucas Coe was tried under Jessica's Law vs. murder

Laurie Thompson (Emma's paternal grandmother) now speaking!

Laurie Thompson, as expected, did an awesome job of testifying in front of the Corrections Committee.

Rep. Parker, the Chairman of the Corrections Committee, told Mrs. Thompson that they will move the bill forward!

That is HB 431! Yes!

HB 431 is left in Pending status with the Corrections Committee for further discussion. It will be moving forward!

I am so happy this bill has such wonderful support. Without a doubt, I think Emma's Law will become a reality during this Legislative 2013 Session!

One State Rep on the committee asked Rep. Riddle why the bill could not be made a 5 year (parole review) mandatory for the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles when considering parole for felons who have committed felonies against children.

He asked Rep. Riddle if she thought it would not pass as a mandatory. Rep. Riddle said she did not think so.

Then he said maybe it should be made 10 years before felons (crimes against children) become eligible for parole review.

The committee will be considering various things and may make the HB 431 stronger before it moves forward.

This was an awesome public meeting and Rep. Riddle, Laurie Thompson, Andy Kahan (Victims' Rights Advocate for the City of Houston, TX), a Harris County District Attorney, etc. did a great job of testifying.

<!-- div class="online2"></div--><DL><DT>I will continue to monitor HB 431 daily!</DT></DL>

Many may remember that Andy Kahan was a guest on Tricia's True Crime radio in 2012.

He has been an advocate for children for many, many years. He is currently the Victims' Rights Advocate for the City of Houston, TX.

Kahan works closely with many families of the victims.

Another case that some of you may be familiar with that Kahan has worked closely with the family is the Jonathan Foster case in Houston, TX.

The trial of Mona Yvette Nelson is tentatively scheduled for May, 2013 in Houston, Tx.

Sorry for the brief off-topic regarding Jonathan Foster's case!

For those who may have missed the Texas House of Representatives Corrections Committee's Public Meeting today which was held at the State Capitol in Austin, TX, you can view the entire meeting in Archives:

http://www.house.state.tx.us/video-...yer/?session=83&committee=200&ram=13022714200
State of Texas - House of Representatives - 2013 Legislative Session -- Corrections Committee Meeting 2/27/13: Video

Committee on Corrections

Meeting: 02/27/13

2:00p.m. - 3:44p.m. (approximate time)
or Upon Adjournment
~~~~~

Corrections Committee Members:

Parker, Tan–Chair
White, James–Vice Chair
Allen, Alma A.
Riddle, Debbie
Rose, Toni
Sheffield, J. D.
Toth, Steve

Clerk:

Lesley French

Address:

EXT E2.110

Phone:

(512)463-0796

Ann-TX, I am following your lead. You let us know what you need us to do for you to get this out there...I am your footsoldier on this case.

In case you have limited time but would like to view the Corrections Committee Public Meeting presentation, testimony and discussion of HB 431 (Emma's Law) which was held on Wednesday, 2/27/13, I have noted the video time as to where various speakers can be seen/heard.

If you were unable to watch the "Live" stream of the meeting, you can view it in the Texas House of Representatives Corrections Committee - Archives.

http://www.house.state.tx.us/video-...yer/?session=83&committee=200&ram=13022714200
Texas House of Reps - Video - Archives

Committee on Corrections

Meeting:

02/27/13

2:00p.m. - 3:44p.m

For your info, the presentation of HB 431 (Emma's Law) by Rep. Debbie Riddle starts at the 55:11 (55 minutes:11 seconds) mark on the Real Player Video. You can advance the video to 55:11 by moving the "icon" on the bar below the video box. There were two other bills discussed prior to HB 431.

Laurie Thompson, Emma Thompson's paternal grandmother, testified before the Committee starting at the 1:02:45 (1 Hour: 02 Minutes: 45 Seconds) mark. Wow! She did an outstanding job! She is truly an excellent and impressive speaker. Emma was very lucky to have Laurie Thompson for a grandmother.

Rep. Tan Parker (Chair) told Mrs. Thompson that the bill will move forward.

Others testified after Laurie Thompson.

At 1:30:28, Rep. Riddle closes.

At 1:35:45, Rep. Tan Parker, Chair of the Corrections Committee speaks regarding HB 431 (Emma's Law). Very impressive!

There is strong support for HB 431.

HB 431 is in Pending status in the Corrections Committee for further discussion. It is a possibility HB 431 will be made "stronger" prior to moving forward per Committee discussions during the meeting on 2/27/13.

This was an awesome experience to be able to see the meeting via "live" stream.

Personally, I think HB 431 (Emma's Law) will become a reality during the 2013 Legislative session.

I assure you, it is worth your time to listen to the presentation, testimony and discussion regarding HB 431.

~ ~ ~ Justice for precious Emma Thompson ~ ~ ~

If you do Facebook, please "like" the facebook page for Emma Thompson.

This is the Facebook page that LCoastMom set up for Emma in 2012 to encourage folks to write letters to the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles protesting Abigail Young's parole.

It was a huge success in 2012! I know if LCoastMom was able to be here, she would encourage all to "like" Justice for Emma Thompson facebook.

There are currently 1,650 "likes". It would be awesome to have 1,700 likes and ultimately at least 2,000 "likes."

Please ask your "Friends" to "Like" Justice For Emma Thompson facebook page. Thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-For-Emma-Thompson/203731323059815
Facebook - Justice For Emma Thompson

427595_203736713059276_1252906824_n.jpg

Special thanks to Tricia for the "Banner" regarding the Texas House of Representatives - Corrections Committee public meeting and other Links/info on 2/27/13!

It was awesome to see the Banner when clicking on Websleuths! Way to go, Tricia!

For Tricia:
803492.gif

March 2, 2012 was one year that LCoastMom "founded" the Facebook page, Justice For Emma Thompson.

I know LCM is ill but I know how passionate she was about seeking justice for Emma and hoping that the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles (TBPP) would deny Abigail Young's parole.

LCM did an awesome job regarding Justice For Emma Thompson facebook page. She welcomed everyone and encouraged all who "liked" the page to please write a letter to TBPP requesting that Young's parole be denied.

We miss you immensely, LCoastMom!

Special thoughts and prayers are with you as we all continue to support and seek justice for precious Emma Thompson!

Hopefully, the Texas Legislatures will pass HB 431 during this (2013) Legislative session which will be called Emma's Law in honor of Emma Thompson!

I just spoke to a lady at Texas Department of Criminal Justice regarding Abigail Young.

I told her last year, Abigail Young's parole review date was 2/21/12 with a decision being rendered by the Texas Department of Pardons & Paroles (TDPP) the latter part of August, 2012. TDPP denied Young's parole.

Per the lady I spoke to, Abigail Young is now scheduled for parole review again on 8/16/13. She said that means Abigail Young's file will be pulled on 8/16/13 and Young will be placed on parole review status.

After I inquired further, the lady did acknowledge that there is a possibility that Abigail Young's file could be pulled sooner and she be placed on "parole review status."

Like many, I will monitor Abigail Young's status closely and the letter campaign to protest Young's parole will start promptly . . . as soon as she is placed on "parole review status - 2013."

It will take the efforts of many folks to write letters protesting Abigail Young's parole with the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles. We were successful in 2012 and I hope we will be successful in 2013.

Abigail Young was sentenced to 20 years and she needs to serve all 20 years.

Abigail Young has not even served 4 years . . . the age of Emma Thompson when she was brutally raped and murdered by Lucas Coe, Abigail Young's then live-in boyfriend!

"No parole for Abigail Young!"

I just spoke to a lady at Texas Department of Criminal Justice regarding Abigail Young.

I told her last year, Abigail Young's parole review date was 2/21/12 with a decision being rendered by the Texas Department of Pardons & Paroles (TDPP) the latter part of August, 2012. TDPP denied Young's parole.

Per the lady I spoke to, Abigail Young is now scheduled for parole review again on 8/16/13. She said that means Abigail Young's file will be pulled on 8/16/13 and Young will be placed on parole review status.

After I inquired further, the lady did acknowledge that there is a possibility that Abigail Young's file could be pulled sooner and she be placed on "parole review status."

Like many, I will monitor Abigail Young's status closely and the letter campaign to protest Young's parole will start promptly . . . as soon as she is placed on "parole review status - 2013."

It will take the efforts of many folks to write letters protesting Abigail Young's parole with the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles. We were successful in 2012 and I hope we will be successful in 2013.

Abigail Young was sentenced to 20 years and she needs to serve all 20 years.

Abigail Young has not even served 4 years . . . the age of Emma Thompson when she was brutally raped and murdered by Lucas Coe, Abigail Young's then live-in boyfriend!

"No parole for Abigail Young!"
Ann you are amazing! I followed you on another board and always hoped you'd find your way over here! God bless you for your passion and dedication to Emma Catherine Grace! I am ready to send my letter just let me know when. Abigail got off light with 20 years but we have to ensure she does the whole 20 years. God forbid that woman be allowed to breed again, she should not have that right after what she ALLOWED to happen to her precious baby Emma! Thanks again for your commitment to Justice for Emma!! You rock!:rocker:

I'll be keeping an eye out. I was thinking that she would be up for review real soon.

And Ann - I agree! :yourock:

Emma was such a beautiful child. It breaks my heart everytime I look at her picture and see that shining little face.

Salem

There was activity regarding HB 431 (Emma's Law) on Wednesday, 3/13/13. Please see below:

Bill: HB 431

Legislative Session: 83(R)
Author: Riddle

Actions: (descending date order)

Description Comment Date Time Journal Page

H Reported favorably as substituted 03/13/2013
H Committee substitute considered in committee 03/13/2013
H Considered in public hearing 03/13/2013

H Left pending in committee 02/27/2013
H Testimony taken/registration(s) recorded in committee 02/27/2013
H Committee substitute considered in committee 02/27/2013
H Considered in public hearing 02/27/2013
H Scheduled for public hearing on . . . 02/27/2013
H Referred to Corrections 02/11/2013 307
H Read first time 02/11/2013 307
H Filed 01/10/2013

Source:

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup/Actions.aspx?LegSess=83R&Bill=HB431&Sort=D#Actions

<TABLE width="98%"><TBODY><TR><TD width="19%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 bgColor=yellow border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Bill: </TD><TD>HB 431 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD>Legislative Session: 83(R) </TD><TD align=left>Author: Riddle </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Stage 1
Filed

1/10/2013
pass.gif

Stage 2
Out of House Committee

Stage 3
Voted on by House

Stage 4
Out of Senate Committee

Stage 5
Voted on by Senate

Stage 6
Governor Action

Stage 7
Bill Becomes Law

Legend

• <NOBR>Indicates bill passed stage</NOBR>
  • <NOBR>Indicates bill has not reached stage</NOBR>
  • <NOBR>Indicates bill failed to complete stage</NOBR>
Stage 1
Bill filed by Riddle on 1/10/2013.

Stage 2
Not reached.

Stage 3
Not reached.

Stage 4
Not reached.

Stage 5
Not reached.

Stage 6
Not reached.

Stage 7
Not reached.

Source: http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup/BillStages.aspx?LegSess=83R&Bill=HB431
~~~~~~~

The above are stages of HB 431.

The Legend color codes would not print. Please click on the above Link (Source) to see the Legend colors. Thanks.

There was activity regarding HB 431 (Emma's Law) on Wednesday, 3/20/13, and today, 3/21/13. Please see below:

Actions: (descending date order)

Description Comment Date Time Journal Page

<TABLE borderColor=#d0d0d0 cellSpacing=1 rules=rows borderColorLight=white border=1 frame=hsides><TBODY><TR><TD>H </TD><TD>Committee report sent to Calendars </TD><TD></TD><TD>03/21/2013 </TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
H Committee report distributed 03/21/2013 07:59 AM
H Comte report filed with Committee Coordinator 03/20/2013
~~~~~

For your info, HB 431 is moving along nicely! The Corrections Committee has sent it to Calendars which means it will be scheduled for presentation on the House floor for all House members to debate and vote on!

HB 431 (Emma's Law) is slowly moving forward. Hoping it will become law in a few months!

Source:

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup/Actions.aspx?LegSess=83R&Bill=HB431
State of Texas - House of Representatives - 2013 Legislative Session -- Corrections Committee

If Emma was alive, she would be 8 years old today, March 29, 2013.

happy_birthday_in_heaven.png

784626588_2039846.gif

birthday+balloons.gif
2mpidrt.jpg

"Happy Birthday" in Heaven, precious Emma! I know you and all of the angels are celebrating your birthday
. . . in Heaven!

((hugs)) to all who loved and lost Emma.

Abby, what were your thoughts yesterday? Did you think of the beautiful light you brought into the world or did you think of how you destroyed it mercilessly?

Amanda Young Mathews, Emma Thompson's maternal aunt, posted the following on her Facebook page yesterday (3-29-13) to honor Emma's 8th birthday.

541315_10200933159195449_1895731912_n.jpg

Amanda Young Mathews
Yesterday via mobile.

Today would of been Emma's 8th Birthday! Every year that goes by
makes me really wonder what she would look like! How she would sound! What her
interests would of been! Today I will celebrate her birthday and remember the good
memories! She may be gone but never forgotten!

Emma, Aunt Am and Lillie will be sending you balloons to heaven on this special day!
I miss you baby girl but you are here with me everyday in my heart! Hope you have a
beautiful day in Heaven dancing amongst the flowers! Know that we on Earth will be
dancing along thankful that we got you for the 4 years we did! Miss and Love you
BIG MUCH! Happy Birthday! XOXO -Aunt Am

Source:
https://www.facebook.com/amanda.youngmathews
Facebook - Amanda Young Mathews

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads