GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier, I remember seeing a link that mentioned the size of the investigation, or how many investigators were assigned to this case. I don't remember how many LE but it seemed to be unusually large. I think that suggests LE is not sure of what they have here, or are not at all zeroed in on a theory, or a suspect. IMHO...

There are 300 LE working on the case. That is extremely large for a case. For example, when JonBenet was killed, there were 30 officers assigned to her case, and LE suspected the parents from the start. In Jessica Ridgeway's case, there were 200 or 300 LE working on her case, and a predator was arrested for her murder. I could see hundreds of LE if the child was still missing, but once they are found murdered, I don't see why they would need 300 LE if their only suspects were the parents.

Rest in Peace, pretty girl.

7efi.jpg

Alanna Gallagher

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/07/03/...rl-identified-as-6-year-old-alanna-gallagher/

Breaks my heart... :cry:

This has prob already been posted but jic channel 5 news just threw out a short timeline:

5:00 last seen
7:30 body found (wow that's fast)
9:00 parents "call" police (per newscast)

Sorry no link but wanted to emphasize the very tight timeline

BBM: LE stated today in the presser, that they have not been able to verify when and by whom Alanna was last seen (we have to be picky with this).

The 5:00 pm reference comes from the REPORTER at the presser who stated that the NEIGHBOUR who talked directly to Alanna's father when he came and knocked on his door at 9:15 pm, told him that Alanna's father last seen her at 5 pm. FWIW

There's over 300 law enforcement personnel involved in the investigation.

From a tweet:

Tarrant County Major Case Investigative Team includes officers from Arlington, Benbrook, Euless, Grand Prairie & Parker, Tarrant, Wise SOs.

I watched the father and felt that he projected nothing but sadness and I have no hinky meter going off towards him.

It is a very tight timeline and I am sure that they have a good idea who they are looking for and where he (I am going with a he) is.

eta Ok, you guys are posting too quick for me to keep up! I should say that IF that timeline is correct....

Sorry to add to the confusion. The news had it posted as a scripted timeline on their newscast as apparent " fact". Teach me to assume ;)

Eta: is this "camping trip" just being brought up or have I been missing it?

ME information on Alanna's Death:

1308297 Tarrant Gallagher Alanna 6/12/2007 6 7/1/2013 D White F

Police Department: Saginaw Police Department Police Svc #: 1300011904

Deceased Address: Time Of Death 7:33 PM

Occurred Location: 1027 Round Rock Drive , Saginaw, Texas 76179

Place Of Death: Public roadway Prosector: Susan Roe, M.D.

Place Of Death Address: 1027 Round Rock Drive , Saginaw, Texas

Manner Of Death: PENDING

http://mepublic.tarrantcounty.com/mepublic/Default.aspx

ME information on Alanna's Death:

1308297 Tarrant Gallagher Alanna 6/12/2007 6 7/1/2013 D White F

Police Department: Saginaw Police Department Police Svc #: 1300011904

Deceased Address: Time Of Death 7:33 PM

Occurred Location: 1027 Round Rock Drive , Saginaw, Texas 76179

Place Of Death: Public roadway Prosector: Susan Roe, M.D.

Place Of Death Address: 1027 Round Rock Drive , Saginaw, Texas

Manner Of Death: PENDING

http://mepublic.tarrantcounty.com/mepublic/Default.aspx

Earlier in a post I said a reporter said a witness saw red tape at the scene. I did not have a link it was in a broadcast. I do not have a link now, but on channel 4 evening news. that's www.myfoxdfw.com they were talking to the boy who found the baby , the 17 yr old who first found and he said himself on camera that he saw red tape around the garbage bag inside the tarp. Credible? That's for each to decide. I'm sure soon, if not already , there will be a link to that video on the link.

I wish we had more information on the truck. I took a little walk with that Google guy and while there are a couple of red tucks in the neighborhood, I did see an older model red truck on Parkview--don't know the address, but an older model IMO would be more likely to have damage such as a paint splotch than a newer one, and don't a couple of RSOs live on Parkview?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 87
I just hate that LE stated that "everyone is a suspect" yet this is an isolated incident. The body of a child was dropped onto a residential road. That is so messed up.

By the way the "everyone is considered a suspect" quote is GONE from CBSlocal news. It was here and now it is not: http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/07/03/...rl-identified-as-6-year-old-alanna-gallagher/

I wonder what's up with that? Too terrifying for the community to make a statement like that? Does LE KNOW who the perp is? JMO

Because they cannot say everyone is a suspect and the community is safe in the same breath and NOT raise eyebrows. It has to be one or the other. moooo

Despite the public plea for help solving the case, Ing said,
“I can assure the community of Saginaw and all surrounding areas that you are perfectly safe. I believe this is going to be an isolated case.”
At the family home about a mile from where Alanna’s body was dumped, her father read a brief statement.
“I’m Karl Gallagher, the father of Alanna Gallagher, who the medical examiner has determined … has died,” he said. “We urge anyone with information about her to contact police. We thank the Saginaw police, the FBI and any other agencies for their hard work on this. Please respect our privacy during this time.”
Gallagher declined to answer any questions.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...red-in-slaying-of-6-year-old-saginaw-girl.ece

I really do understand why people are pinging on the red tape, but if the family was involved it would mean they 1) intentionally used an obvious and memorable tape color that came from their own car/home, 2) drove 1.5 miles and intentionally dumped their child's body (remember the family has no truck, it would have to be intentional) at that location.

Also wondering if the teen was seeing the red plastic handles that are attached to black lawn bags.

I know the tape isn't going to stop coming up until an arrest is made, though, so I'm going to let it go for now, last post on the subject till more info.

There are 300 LE working on the case. That is extremely large for a case. For example, when JonBenet was killed, there were 30 officers assigned to her case, and LE suspected the parents from the start. In Jessica Ridgeway's case, there were 200 or 300 LE working on her case, and a predator was arrested for her murder. I could see hundreds of LE if the child was still missing, but once they are found murdered, I don't see why they would need 300 LE if their only suspects were the parents.

I think to chase down every lead and eliminate every possibity as quickly as possible.

I wish we had more information on the truck. I took a little walk with that Google guy and while there are a couple of red tucks in the neighborhood, I did see an older model red truck on Parkview--don't know the address, but an older model IMO would be more likely to have damage such as a paint splotch than a newer one, and don't a couple of RSOs live on Parkview?

Do you mean Parkview or Parkwest? I seem to remember there were three at one address on ParkWEST.

Interesting info from a case study of 175 solved missing and abducted children who were found murdered:

Child murder victims were more likely to be killed by family member (67%) than by a friend-acquaintance (28%) or a stranger (5%).

10% percent of child murderers were considered to be model citizens.
30% were described as “strange” by others who knew them.
20% were on probation or parole for some other offense when the murder occurred.

26% of the killers abused alcohol.
21% abused illegal drugs

The time span between when the victim was last seen and the initial contact with the killer was < than 30 minutes in 3/4 of the child-abduction murder investigations in this study.

The distance between where the victim was last seen and the murder site was as follows:
1-199 feet (26.6%)
199 feet-1/4 mile (19.2%)
1/4-1.5 miles (13.7%)
1/2-12 miles (24.5)
>12 miles (15%)

http://www.missingkids.com/en_US/archive/documents/homicide_missing.pdf

Earlier in a post I said a reporter said a witness saw red tape at the scene. I did not have a link it was in a broadcast. I do not have a link now, but on channel 4 evening news. that's www.myfoxdfw.com they were talking to the boy who found the baby , the 17 yr old who first found and he said himself on camera that he saw red tape around the garbage bag inside the tarp. Credible? That's for each to decide. I'm sure soon, if not already , there will be a link to that video on the link.

Witness describes verbally and physically about the red tape in this video, fwiw.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/22738162/childs-body-found-in-saginaw#ixzz2Y2iwENTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz