GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I'd put this all in one place:

Amber Rene Hagerman:
Abducted January 13, 1996
Age 9, but tiny for her age
Abducted in Arlington, Texas by a man in a black pickup truck
Four days after the abduction, a man walking his dog found her in a drainage ditch next to the road.
Cause of death = cuts to the throat
Her killer was never found, and her homicide remains unsolved.

Opal Jo Jennings:
Abducted March 26, 1999, around 5:30pm
6 years old
Abducted while playing in front of her grandmother’s home in the 200 block of N. Hampshire St. in Saginaw.
Found In late December of 2003, in a field in Northwest Fort Worth, about 10 miles from Saginaw.
The cause of death was blunt force trauma to the head.
Nobody was ever charged with the murder, but Ricky Lee Franks was convicted of her kidnapping (many feel this was a wrongful conviction)

Alanna Gallagher:
Abducted July 1, 2013 (late afternoon)
6 years old
Abducted in Saginaw while out playing, exact site unknown
Found the evening of July 1, 2013 at the intersection of Roundrock & Cindy Dr.
Cause of death unknown
Killer remains at large

Ashley Estell:
Abducted September 4, 1993
7 years old
Abducted at Carpenter Park soccer field, Plano TX
Found the next day "beside a secluded dirt road six miles from the park" (anyone know more specifics?)
Cause of death: strangled
Michael Blair convicted in 1994, exonerated by DNA in 2008.

Worth noting that September 4 1993 was a Monday (like Alanna) and was Labor Day.

Alanna was killed during the week of another national holiday (4th of July). Does the killer work a normal M-F job?

ETA: Opal was a Friday, a bit over a week before Easter 1999.

Amber was a Saturday. For some schools and businesses, it would have been a three-day weekend due to MLK day on Monday, Jan 15.

Final edit: I hope someone will put a map together, but for those like me with no good visualization of Texas, is it safe to say that all four abductions occurred in suburbs of the Dallas-Fort Worth area?

I had thought this before. Perhaps the perp knows this area notoriously gets later than usual pick-up either on their weekly garbage, or their monthly yard debris pick-up. Or had made note the night before that people had yard debris out on the street, therefore, this would be a good street to come back to for disposal.

Side note, I know many smarter than me have explained why physics-wise, Alanna could not have rolled/slid from the back of a truck. But yesterday, my side-lying (in a not round, but not boxy plastic container) gallon of milk slid approx. 2 feet from the front of my carpeted cargo area to up against the back hatch. Less than two mile drive, no steep hills, no speedy tire burning accelerations, no corners on two wheels.

I realize a side-lying gallon of milk in the back of my SUV is not the same as a cylindrical/mildly bumpy 45-50 pound person. And I'm currently leaning towards the body being purposefully dumped. But I think when it comes to the 'could it happen?', that it's more of a 'not probable, but possible'. We don't know other variables (if she was placed in the back of a truck.) I think we're all presuming placed on her back, middle of bed or towards cab, no other objects in the back of the truck. We can't know how she was placed (not laying flat? Upright, on rump, top-heavy head up) with other junk in front of her? and where she was placed (at edge with no hatch or pressed against gate w/faulty latch.) or what was possibly placed near her that could have rolled, slid or otherwise forced her body to get nudged out. So considering all that, I'd say not probable, but not impossible. :twocents:

My hubby says that if a person cannot explain something complex in simple trems to someone, that person has no understanding of the complex issue. That would be me.

Anyway, in spite of the dinner conversations at my home being about things such as torque and whatever else, my eyes would glaze over. So, when the issues of physics come up, I can only scream in my mind.

If anyone has the understanding, maybe this has something to do with why liquids move around?

http://www.physics.umn.edu/outreach/pforce/circus/Bernoulli.html

don't want to entirely derail the thread, but I came across some interesting things on the internet while researching Amber Hagerman. In short, the publisher of the paper in Ennis county believes her murder may have been related to a child sex ring that was busted in 2011 in Ennis, TX with close ties to one particular family.

From US DOJ: http://www.justice.gov/usao/txn/PressRel11/anderson_buddy_PSC_sen_pr.html

From D Magazine: http://frontburner.dmagazine.com/2011/03/08/the-amber-hagerman-story/
* oddly, the link in this story and several others appears to have been "assumed" by LE

From Dallas Morning News: http://www.dallasnews.com/news/comm...ngton-police-say-hagerman-tip-one-of-many.ece

I'm having a really hard time finding MSM links on this story, but you can google and figure out the back story. What is most unsettling to me is that I can no longer find MSM stories about the sex ring (there were once stories including that many children, including their own, were drugged and taken to a ranch/barn where "parties", incl adults, were held). If anyone can find any of this I'd appreciate it. Very odd that the DOJ and ICE statements can be found re: Anderson's arrest, but little else now.

Also odd, the journalist who tied this all together and sent leads to Arlington PD and was publishing stories (that are now inaccessible - lead to same black LE screen), was accused of child molestation himself in late 2011 and has been found guilty & sentenced.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Smal...r-accused-of-child-sex-assault-135964108.html

All very odd, and very off the radar. Google away.....

Very very strange. It would be interesting if people read this link and had any comments?????

http://frontburner.dmagazine.com/2011/03/08/the-amber-hagerman-story/

Quite often it seems with these sex rings, the children in the ring are the people's relatives , children of friends who are involved in the ring, and the the people's own children.

Because of privacy, the victim's names are not released. Unless one knows the situation, it is hard to know the details of it. Did the Anderson family have their own smaller children?

There was a sex ring in my state a few years ago, but the people got off. I forget why.

People who lived in the area said it included all kinds of people including the mailman.

A relative of mine was in a group of oarents who had adopted children . It was to deal with adoption issues.

One of the parents in the group had taken children from that situation. She said that in the home, there was no working toilet, So, when that got filled up, they used the bath tub.

I imagine these sicko families have signs. Although this obviously does not apply to everyone, one of the signs is a very unkempt home.

In older women, a sign of previous sexual abuse is cat hoarding,

I'm having a really hard time finding MSM links on this story, but you can google and figure out the back story. What is most unsettling to me is that I can no longer find MSM stories about the sex ring (there were once stories including that many children, including their own, were drugged and taken to a ranch/barn where "parties", incl adults, were held). If anyone can find any of this I'd appreciate it. Very odd that the DOJ and ICE statements can be found re: Anderson's arrest, but little else now.

Also odd, the journalist who tied this all together and sent leads to Arlington PD and was publishing stories (that are now inaccessible - lead to same black LE screen), was accused of child molestation himself in late 2011 and has been found guilty & sentenced.

Found this - don't know if it helps.
Tarrant county wordpress

Gingerz, sometimes you can find deleted webpages at the Wayback Machine, but have you have to know pretty specifically what page you are looking for:

http://archive.org/web/web.php

Thanks! I can find absolutely no way to get to this article, however:

See Also: How Child *advertiser censored* Rings Flourish on Facebook: http://www.elliscountyobserver.com/...ensored*-ring-flourishes-on-facebook/(source: FBI)

Very, very weird. Please, anyone who cares to bother, let me know if you can somehow access this.

Quite often it seems with these sex rings, the children in the ring are the people's relatives , children of friends who are involved in the ring, and the the people's own children.

Because of privacy, the victim's names are not released. Unless one knows the situation, it is hard to know the details of it. Did the Anderson family have their own smaller children?

There was a sex ring in my state a few years ago, but the people got off. I forget why.

People who lived in the area said it included all kinds of people including the mailman.

A relative of mine was in a group of oarents who had adopted children . It was to deal with adoption issues.

One of the parents in the group had taken children from that situation. She said that in the home, there was no working toilet, So, when that got filled up, they used the bath tub.

I imagine these sicko families have signs. Although this obviously does not apply to everyone, one of the signs is a very unkempt home.

In older women, a sign of previous sexual abuse is cat hoarding,

Agree w/ all the above.

Yes, the pics of the 5 year old were her daughter: http://www.ennisdailynews.com/news/buddy-anderson-indicted/

There was lots more of other children found in their apartment.

I cannot promise this but I watched the Amber Hagerman case very closely because I'm local and had small kids at that time. Everyone watched it though. Now keep in mind in those days there was not 24 hr news, internet, twitter, etc., so it's not the same as watching a case closely today. There was nowhere near the wealth of information. But I am ALMOST positive that Amber was found wrapped in something like plastic. I don't know if it can be found anywhere or not. I searched a few minutes the other day and found nothing but my memory says it is true.

Hmmm....Well I have access to an newspaper archive database that has about 4300 articles about Amber including 1300 from the local Dallas, Arlington, and Fort Worth newspapers. I can't find anything about Amber being wrapped in anything. The articles just say she was found nude, except for a sock, in a creek bed. It also says that heavy rains washed away a lot of evidence, so it's unfortunate, in a way that Amber wasn't wrapped in something, because maybe more evidence would have been preserved.

Also, there were lots of articles about how they thought Amber's case might be connected to Laura Smither's case because Laura was also found nude, wearing just a sock, and close to water. The Amber task force even traveled to Friendswood, TX (where Laura was from) to compare notes with detectives. It's interesting to me that the media got word of it back in '97 but we've heard nothing about them trying to compare Alanna's case to any others. Of course I think they might be trying to keep that under wraps if they are.

Well, I am looking at other cases now, I am not convinced this is an "isolated incident".

A good post by Firefox on Lyric and Elizabeth's thread is worth repeating.

Cold and callous, indeed. Evil personified.

Regarding the recover location of Alanna's precious being:

The statement made by Drew about the person that dumped L & L's remains at the 7 bridges location like a bag of trash, was very telling, imo.. Imo, this narrows down the suspect pool in L & L's abduction tremendously..

Ask yourself, what are the personality traits of a person(being generous) that could accomplish this level of evil/darkness? What are the probabilities of there being another active child predator/murderer, with no human emotions, only a few counties away?

Read More at: http://www.cbs2iowa.com/news/feature...ins-1463.shtml

Was looking at the SW wondering why it might have listed Walmart receipt on it.
Ozark Trail tarps are sold at Walmart I wonder if that might have been the brand she was wrapped in? I know they are sold other places as well, but something made them specifically ask for a Wallmart receipt.

If you're following the breadcrumbs, here is an interesting piece from the MSM that supports what you're probably finding on other sites:

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Tip-leads-to-hope-in-solving-Amber-Hagermans-murder-117561839.html

"Neither police department is discussing the exact nature of the evidence, but Ennis investigators confirm they've contacted police in Arizona, trying to reach a man who used to work in Arlington in the mid 90s."

The article does also support that in addition to working this lead based on the Ennis sex ring case, that they "stumbled upon" an additional witness in Arlington. Oddly, the short piece that I linked earlier where they said lead(s) were "false" also says there never was an Arlington lead. If you're looking at non-MSM sites for info, it sounds like there was and she's another relative.

This is messed up. I don't even know what to say, but I can't help but wonder why so many links (including some on the Websleuths thread I linked to re: Dunn) are inaccessible/nonexistent. Very, very odd.

First, be warned this complaint is pretty graphic. The references regarding relative in Prescott, AZ start on p. 6.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/53362002/Sharon-Lee-Anderson-complaint

Again, sorry if this seems OT......but to come full circle there was *advertiser censored* found in Dunn home, there seems to be a lot of this activity in areas E/SE of metroplex incl this, Mineola Sex Ring which was busted around same time. And, there have been rumored links to Amber Hagerman.

Not to say this has anything to do with Alanna, OJ, or any of these other angels.....but......shudder.......

First, be warned this complaint is pretty graphic. The references regarding relative in Prescott, AZ start on p. 6.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/53362002/Sharon-Lee-Anderson-complaint

Again, sorry if this seems OT......but to come full circle there was *advertiser censored* found in Dunn home, there seems to be a lot of this activity in areas E/SE of metroplex incl this, Mineola Sex Ring which was busted around same time. And, there have been rumored links to Amber Hagerman.

Not to say this has anything to do with Alanna, OJ, or any of these other angels.....but......shudder.......

Interesting.
are these people in prison at this time?
I wonder if they had a visitor...
surely LE would be checking out their AZ relative.

I've been looking into this a little bit but I wasn't actually planning on posting anything about it bc I am missing too much info. but here's what I've thought about (forewarning: I do not make any conclusions).

Seems like nowadays, there are 40ish, maybe as many as 50ish (if you include children never recovered), stranger abduction+murders of children under 14 a year on average in the U.S. (it used to be somewhat higher in previous recent decades).

Using the percentage of population of Texas of the US, statistically, we would expect about 4 stranger abduction murders per year in that state. These are presumably clustered geographically in the population centers. There are 4 major centers in TX, one being Dalls/Ft Worth (ranking 2nd of the 4), so we would statistically expect roughly about 1 of these crimes a year in that general area.

I don't know the actual statistics for the area. A significant deviation from baseline would be interesting.

The Opal Jennings case is very close to Alanna's geographically, with the same age and similar appearance, but the amount of time between them makes it less compelling. But there is possibly a good reason to account for a hiatus: a jail term. In crimes like these, "The suspect in the case had been arrested for prior offenses against children 53% of the time and the most common crime was sexual in nature." (http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/criminal_mind/psychology/child_abduction/3.html) so it's quite possible the criminal is an RSO who was in jail for most of those gap years.

Regarding Amber's case, once you open up the geography and age more broadly, you would probably expect to turn up cases over the years that were that similar. Brunettes are common.

But one thing I don't know, that is very relevant , is how many crimes, on average, a child abductor commits. Are serial killings the norm? That makes it more likely that any two cases are connected. Also, if we wanted to analyze these specific probabilities more closely, one needs to know the probabilities that each of these things remain constant for serial killers (appearance, age, geography, etc) as well as a likely time horizon.

In sum, I didn't get anywhere with this line of thought,
but I decided to throw it out there in case anyone else wants to go further.

BBM

Oh don't sell yourself so short!! THIS is the kind of thinking that moves everything forward. People simply have GOT TO think about everything involved.

Actually this morning I was wondering why I was thinking about all of this at all! I don't live in the state, I didn't know any of these girls and I myself cannot help with the investigation itself.

*sigh.

Does LE still think there's no need for community concern regarding this child's death, and if so, any idea why they think that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix