GUILTY TX - Amora Carson, 13 mos, brutally murdered, Henderson, 2 Dec 2008

Rusk County Sheriff's Office - 210 Charlevoix Street - Henderson, Texas 75652 - Non-Emergency #: 903.657.3581 - www.rcsotx.org

per Officer Martin - Jessica Bain Carson is currently housed there in the jail as 10/21/10 at 7:32pm

Rusk County Sheriff's Office - 210 Charlevoix Street - Henderson, Texas 75652 - Non-Emergency #: 903.657.3581 - www.rcsotx.org

per Officer Martin - Jessica Bain Carson is currently housed there in the jail as 10/21/10 at 7:32pm

Thanks for calling them and letting us know. Do you know if a trial date has been set or what's next in her case?

per Annette, court coordinator's office, jury selection in Jessica Bain Carson's trial is set for March 2011

(903)657-0358

per Annette, court coordinator's office, jury selection in Jessica Bain Carson's trial is set for March 2011

(903)657-0358

I checked online for trial info and I didn't see anything.

I read about this story awhile ago and believe me I was mortified, but after reading the thread I couldn't help but feel sick to my stomach. Just to think of that baby being abused and her "mom" not doing a darn thing about it! :sick:

http://www.news-journal.com/news/police/article_52f5022c-cf12-50f6-bf38-bcfa3f07ac2a.html

I wasn't sure if we needed a new thread or just edit the title of this thread to show that the mother, Jessica Carson, is now on trial for the killing of Amora. RIP little angel.

From the link above:

Carson said that she relied on Milam to tell her the child was “really Amora” or a demon on any given day. Milam was not the baby’s father, but Carson and the child lived with him.

Rusk County woman to spend life in prison after toddler's exorcism death

http://www.news-journal.com/news/police/article_4fa9e621-5e9e-5fb8-83e0-a9b77e28b829.html

I am glad the jury didn't take pity on Jesseca. I can't imagine....I seriously just can't imagine how she did nothing to save her baby.

snipped from article

Texas Attorney General Prosecutor Lisa Tanner asked the jury why, if she really thought the baby had demons in her, Carson didn’t attempt to take her to a church or a doctor.

“If you think there is a demon in your child you take her to the doctor; you don’t rely on your fourth-grade educated, meth head, sex offender boyfriend to take care of it,” Tanner said

On the ID channel now show ON DEATH ROW. Looks like an older show. Says it is showing to talk about the case and impending execution. This is the first I had heard about this case.

What they did to baby Amora is awful. The ME was talking about the horrific injuries she endured.

RIP Baby Amora!

On the ID channel now show ON DEATH ROW. Looks like an older show. Says it is showing to talk about the case and impending execution. This is the first I had heard about this case.

What they did to baby Amora is awful. The ME was talking about the horrific injuries she endured.

RIP Baby Amora!

ID channel just ran the show again on this case. What they did to that poor baby...there are no words.

http://amora-bain-carson.gonetoosoon.org/

Last-Minute Appeals Aim to Stop First Texas Execution of 2019
Drugs, mental illness, disability factors in 2008 infant murder

JAN. 11, 2019

"Blaine Milam, a young man from Rusk County, is scheduled to be the state's first execution of 2019. Unlike many death row inmates, Milam's case has moved relatively quickly through the court system; he was sentenced to death in 2011 for the brutal killing of Amora Carson – the 13-month-old daughter of Milam's girlfriend Jessica Carson – during an alleged exorcism in 2008. (Carson was given life in prison without parole, though Milam's trial counsel argued she was responsible for the murder.) The usual appeals were filed, but in September, a month before the U.S. Supreme Court refused to hear Milam's final federal appeal, the state scheduled his execution for Tuesday, Jan. 15.

As his death date nears, Milam's recently appointed lawyer Jennae Swiergula with Texas Defender Services filed an appeal and a stay request in the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals on Jan. 7 and 8, respectively. In an email statement, Swiergula accused the state of relying on "now discredited bite mark junk science" to obtain Milam's capital murder sentence while not possessing "any meaningful evidence that Mr. Milam played any role in causing" Amora's death. She also noted that the prosecution relied on Texas' law of parties, which allows a jury to convict a person based on the conduct of another, to convict Milam despite unpresented evidence that Carson had been experiencing a "psychotic illness involving delusions that her child was possessed by a demon." Swiergula concluded: "Mr. Milam's conviction is unreliable, and his death sentence is arbitrary."...

Unless his stay request is approved – or the governor's office intervenes – Milam will be the first man put to death by the state's hand this year, and the 559th inmate executed in Texas since the death penalty was reinstated in 1976."

Last-Minute Appeals Aim to Stop First Texas Execution of 2019

hqdefault.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Texas court stops first execution of 2019, citing changes in intellectual disability law and bite-mark science

JAN. 14, 2019

"The Texas Court of Criminal Appeals has stopped the state’s first execution of the year, calling for a lower court to take another look at the case following changes in bite-mark science and laws regarding intellectual disability and the death penalty.

Blaine Milam received a stay from the court on Monday, a day before his death was scheduled. Milam, 29, was convicted in the brutal death of his girlfriend’s 13-month-old baby girl in 2008 in East Texas.

In a late appeal, Milam's lawyers argued against the state’s reliance on bite-mark testimony, which was a key part of his trial. His lawyers also claimed he was intellectually disabled and therefore ineligible for execution....

Rusk County prosecutors, meanwhile, argued to the court that the questions over bite-mark science were settled at Milam’s trial in 2010. And they said the state had enough other evidence that it wouldn’t have affected the jury's decision at the time. ..."

Texas court stops first execution of 2019, citing changes in intellectual disability law and bite-mark science
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JAN. 14, 2019

"The Texas Court of Criminal Appeals has stopped the state’s first execution of the year, calling for a lower court to take another look at the case following changes in bite-mark science and laws regarding intellectual disability and the death penalty.

Blaine Milam received a stay from the court on Monday, a day before his death was scheduled. Milam, 29, was convicted in the brutal death of his girlfriend’s 13-month-old baby girl in 2008 in East Texas.

In a late appeal, Milam's lawyers argued against the state’s reliance on bite-mark testimony, which was a key part of his trial. His lawyers also claimed he was intellectually disabled and therefore ineligible for execution....

Rusk County prosecutors, meanwhile, argued to the court that the questions over bite-mark science were settled at Milam’s trial in 2010. And they said the state had enough other evidence that it wouldn’t have affected the jury's decision at the time. ..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can't believe this monster is still alive! Seems like the death penalty was created for forces of nature like him. I'm embarrased my state hasn't put this sorry excuse of a human to death yet! Why does the bite mark even matter at this point? He killed an innocent baby with a freaking hammer! Come on Texas take care of business already and stop prolonging it! Makes me furious!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back