TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think people get hung up on the warrant/previous drug issues etc. I've never felt that stuff had a bearing on this.

As far as I'm concerned he's a victim here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
His criminal history and outstanding warrant mean nothing to me in my desire as a stranger to find him. I only see the criminal elements of it as avenues to look into as to what may have happened to him. Unfortunately, not everyone thinks that way.
Where are you, Brandon?

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise stated. *

Still catching myself up by reading past threads (spent yesterday catching up on FB posts. Ugh.), but wondering if the misperception that BL's arrest warrant for possession of a controlled substance w/intent to deliver dates back to 2005 has been discussed.

Johnson County would have issued an arrest warrant in late September 2012 as a result of the following indictment:

http://www.cleburnetimesreview.com/...cle_947d2b06-1dd4-5b2c-9ee9-fd942627190c.html

This kind of bad information hurts the chances of public trust/sympathy.

A more honest picture of who BL is/was could only help at this point, IMO.

Expect me to believe it was only his "distant past?"

Nice try, but no cigar.

Damage to public trust already done from the beginning. Have to say that I am not seeing much to improve that from my perspective, but I am going to continue reading through the past.

I agree. A very close friend of his went to jail just after BL went missing for very similar charges and is still serving, I think until 2020. It definitely wasn't from an old issue, from WAAAYYYY back in 2005 as the story has been told. Thanks for that reminder.

Yeah I think people get hung up on the warrant/previous drug issues etc. I've never felt that stuff had a bearing on this.

As far as I'm concerned he's a victim here.

I don't think it was about not helping him because of his past, at least never was for me, but, instead a lack of transparency to those trying to help find him. I can't say that someone involved in that life style, associating with the people who do/sell drugs, isn't at higher risk for violent crimes to be part of their life. When you involve yourself in that life style you're putting yourself at risk. That being said, I dont think it matters when it comes to searching for him etc what he was into or not, just gives other avenues to explore.

I remember reading a post on a local yard sale site from BEFORE he came home and the fight took place where she was looking for him since he wasn't working due to rain. I think I have a screenshot of it, but per rules it can't be shared?

I agree. A very close friend of his went to jail just after BLU went missing for very similar charges and is still serving, I think until 2020. It definitely wasn't from an old issue, from WAAAYYYY back in 2005 as the story has been told. Thanks for that reminder.

You are correct. BL was a no show for his court appearance for these charges in Johnson County on July 29, 2013. A warrant was issued that day.

I agree. A very close friend of his went to jail just after BLU went missing for very similar charges and is still serving, I think until 2020. It definitely wasn't from an old issue, from WAAAYYYY back in 2005 as the story has been told. Thanks for that reminder.

Don't know if it is correct or not...I need to do some searching...but didn't BL serve time previously for drug charges and this was the second case? Maybe the first was 2005? This old brain isn't working too well tonight!

Well I went searching in Johnson County....let's just say Brandon was not a stranger to the court system, but I can't find anything in Johnson County after 2008 and that was not a drug charge. I am wondering if the drug case he was saving for has been dropped? Just speculating.

Well I went searching in Johnson County....let's just say Brandon was not a stranger to the court system, but I can't find anything in Johnson County after 2008 and that was not a drug charge. I am wondering if the drug case he was saving for has been dropped? Just speculating.

This latest charge where the warrant was issued, would have made him a habitual offender, or 3rd strike, which means automatically MORE jail time. I'll see if I can find the links to previous charges. As I mentioned earlier one of his best buddies went to jail not long after he disappeared, on Meth charges and still has quite awhile left on his bid.

I remember seeing the drug charge from later....I just don't see it now! Wondering what happened to it. I think it was while living in Cleburne (which is very close to Joshua).

I remember seeing the drug charge from later....I just don't see it now! Wondering what happened to it. I think it was while living in Cleburne (which is very close to Joshua).

The charge in Joshua from 2012 is gone! I just checked as well. At one point it showed the charges and where the warrant was ordered, then underneath that, said something about a missing person issued with a Texas code beside it. I guess they were dropped????

The charge in Joshua from 2012 is gone! I just checked as well. At one point it showed the charges and where the warrant was ordered, then underneath that, said something about a missing person issued with a Texas code beside it. I guess they were dropped????

Whaaat?????

This latest charge where the warrant was issued, would have made him a habitual offender, or 3rd strike, which means automatically MORE jail time. I'll see if I can find the links to previous charges. As I mentioned earlier one of his best buddies went to jail not long after he disappeared, on Meth charges and still has quite awhile left on his bid.

So he has one charge from 2005 and one from 2012 (the warrant/most recent charge that has now disappeared). When/where was the other charge?

So he has one charge from 2005 and one from 2012 (the warrant/most recent charge that has now disappeared). When/where was the other charge?
He has a lengthy criminal record. I can list the charges and dates independently, but it will be up to each individual to go to the respective county and look. I don't have links for each one on hand. How should that be handled? It can be argued that it doesn't have anything to do with his disappearance. Or it can be argued that it does. Meaning his background.

So... if he were to suddenly show up, would the charge be reinstated? Does anyone know? I didn't know charges would be dropped as long as someone is considered missing??

I didn't think charges were dropped like that either. Maybe they've just been archived online to keep the county website up to date. Maybe I will call Johnson County tomorrow and find out. I'll let y'all know.

He has a lengthy criminal record. I can list the charges and dates independently, but it will be up to each individual to go to the respective county and look. I don't have links for each one on hand. How should that be handled? It can be argued that it doesn't have anything to do with his disappearance. Or it can be argued that it does. Meaning his background.

If he truly had 2 felonies prior to the pending 2012 charge (pending at the time of disappearance), the 3 strikes law would have applied if convicted on the 2012 charge. If true, that would open up new possibilities to me.

I just am curious if he had 2 felony convictions, the rest of his record is irrelevant to me. (REMOVED BY ME, INCORRECT)

Well, it's a theory about his disappearance. What's the rule for repeat offenders in TX? Is there a 3 strikes rule?

Yes they have a 3 strikes rule in TX. The prison sentence you face on the 3rd felony will range from 15 years up to 25-to-life. The felonies also don't need to be violent felonies in Texas unlike other states that have 3 strikes rules.

ETA: After another look, his 2005 charge was a class A misdemeanor and not a felony. I see zero felonies on his record from Johnson County.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner