TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, If a person was in a struggle, he wouldn't be able to take a steady level picture or send it. I think he was outside waiting, and took that photo to show the foggy weather. I'm not 21 anymore, so I don't understand sending a picture at 3am or sending the doggy video to his sister at 245am. The only people I would send a message to at that hour would be the fire department.
To be clear I don't necessarily think it is a clue Caleb meant to send like an SOS. I am just saying it is important because that is his last known location while barefoot.

MISSING PERSON CALEB HARRIS UPDATE​

MARCH 28, 2024 SENIOR OFFICER JENNIFER COLLIER
March 28, 2024
The one thing that jumps out at me from this statement is...

"At approximately 3:12 AM Harris’s cell phone last shared location data with the nearest cell phone tower."

There's got to be a reason why LE is not sharing his location at this 3:12am ping data. Wouldn't it behoove them, as far as sharing info with the public in case someone saw something in that area, to say where his phone was last located?

March 28, 2024
In the timeline, which is given chronologically, it goes from the

2:44 Snapchat video sent to his sister, to the
3:03 Snapchat of the bridge to a San Antonio friend, to
“3:12 AM Harris’s cell phone last shared location data with the nearest cell phone tower.”

I note that it does not mention the 2:58AM phone turning off or running out of battery life.
Are we to disregard the earlier reports on this?

I'm just trying to find the simplest explanation for what happened in this particular case - not all missing person cases, just this one.

The bridge picture he took looks like it was from the sidewalk and not the road. His apartment complex off Ennis Jones Rd and those fields seems like there probably isn't much traffic on that road at that time of night.

I just can't at all buy it that he was hit by a car or got abducted. If you remove those two possibilities, what else does that leave? I'm genuinely curious.

And I don't think anything we know thus far points to a car accident or abduction.

I don't think there's any evidence that points away from abduction. But even if there were, there are alternative possibilities than self harm, such as voluntary run away.

In the timeline, which is given chronologically, it goes from the

2:44 Snapchat video sent to his sister, to the
3:03 Snapchat of the bridge to a San Antonio friend, to
“3:12 AM Harris’s cell phone last shared location data with the nearest cell phone tower.”

I note that it does not mention the 2:58AM phone turning off or running out of battery life.
Are we to disregard the earlier reports on this?
I noticed the missing 2:58 phone silence thing too.

per the update: Police release detailed timeline of Caleb Harris disappearance

2:20 – Caleb did tell roommate he was going to place UberEats order, so it was him doing it

3:03 – reiterates it was Caleb who sent the bridge pic to a friend.

3:12 – now says the final cell phone ping was real, not a glitch, not an error (was it a mile away or not?)

3:20 – UberEats order was left on doorstep, AS CALEB REQUESTED !!!

I noticed the missing 2:58 phone silence thing too.

per the update: Police release detailed timeline of Caleb Harris disappearance

2:20 – Caleb did tell roommate he was going to place UberEats order, so it was him doing it

3:03 – reiterates it was Caleb who sent the bridge pic to a friend.

3:12 – now says the final cell phone ping was real, not a glitch, not an error (was it a mile away or not?)

3:20 – UberEats order was left on doorstep, AS CALEB REQUESTED !!!
So if he wanted his food order left at the doorstep, why did he leave his apartment?

Hey folks,

Some posts have been removed. A couple of reminders:

Do NOT bring rumors or information over from sources that are not MSM, LE, or otherwise approved sources. Please review WS social media rules (all rules are linked in my signature line).

If you are going to talk technical information (specifically cell phones, pings, transmission delays, towers, etc), you MUST provide links to technical sites or scholarly articles to support what you say. We need factual information instead of just guesses or maybes.

Thanks !!

I guess he asked for his order to be left on his doorstep BECAUSE he was leaving his apartment. So he knew at the time he placed the order that he wouldn't be right there to accept it. So what did he have planned?

I often request things to be left at my door even though I'm home. I think I started doing so during Covid... just because I didn't need/want contact with the delivery driver. (I do, however, request a text message to notify me of the arrival). It's convenient if I'm in my back yard, etc. To me this just means whatever he was doing he didn't intend to be away for any great length of time.

jmo

So if he wanted his food order left at the doorstep, why did he leave his apartment?
It is the default. ETA - it is the default on the app. That is how mine is set. Sometimes I will pop out if I see them and feel like it, but I usually just like to let them leave it. I even wait until they are totally gone.

Last edited:
I often request things to be left at my door even though I'm home. I think I started doing so during Covid... just because I didn't need/want contact with the delivery driver. (I do, however, request a text message to notify me of the arrival). It's convenient if I'm in my back yard, etc. To me this just means whatever he was doing he didn't intend to be away for any great length of time.

jmo
Same, I think this is pretty normal. I do doordash/ue on the side sometimes to make guilt free money outside of my full time office job, and almost all people want it left at the door, no knocking/no doorbell. Especially if it's late and you don't want a bunch of noise. The apps track your driver, so you know where they are and know when it's dropped off. No need to have a whole handoff situation with the late night Taco Bell craving.

"We're not able to be completely transparent and share everything we know, but we can very confidently say we have ruled out the roommates as having anything to do with this disappearance. Hs friends that he was communicating with that night over social media, we've ruled them out. We've ruled out the Uber driver that made the delivery.

"We have investigated very thoroughly all of those individuals, we wouldn't be doing our job if we didn't look at that possibility that they could have been involved, but we've done that, and we've put a lot of work into initially and we've crossed them off the list. so, our next step is to continue forward and see what exactly happened to Caleb."
(According to Corpus Christi Assistant Police Chief Todd Green)

I'm so glad the police publicly cleared the roommates and the delivery driver! Also, appreciate that they gave some insight into why his roommates called him in as missing so early.

The article states that LE has gone through a massive amount of video. Surely they would have captured, a car, suspicious activity, something. I did take note that they didn't confirm anything ...just that they reviewed video footage.

JMO ofcourse. There's been some unclear information about if the phone turned off or ran out of battery. While coincidences do happen, I don't think Caleb's phone ran out of battery at the exact time he went missing. I am leaning towards the phone either being manually turned off or destroyed.

Just some thoughts as I think through where Caleb could be.

To be clear I don't necessarily think it is a clue Caleb meant to send like an SOS. I am just saying it is important because that is his last known location while barefoot.

The way this is written it's hard to tell if after Caleb sent that picture of the bridge at 3:03am, whether he stayed in that same spot for another 9 mins until 3:12am or walked somewhere else. You can walk a good distance in almost 10 mins...depending on how fast you're walking of course.

"At approximately 3:03 AM, Harris sent another SnapChat photo to a high school friend currently residing in San Antonio. The photo depicted a small bridge over a drainage ditch on the 1900 block of Ennis Joslin, within a few hundred feet of the entrance to his apartment complex. At approximately 3:12 AM Harris’s cell phone last shared location data with the nearest cell phone tower."

"We're not able to be completely transparent and share everything we know, but we can very confidently say we have ruled out the roommates as having anything to do with this disappearance. Hs friends that he was communicating with that night over social media, we've ruled them out. We've ruled out the Uber driver that made the delivery.

"We have investigated very thoroughly all of those individuals, we wouldn't be doing our job if we didn't look at that possibility that they could have been involved, but we've done that, and we've put a lot of work into initially and we've crossed them off the list. so, our next step is to continue forward and see what exactly happened to Caleb."
(According to Corpus Christi Assistant Police Chief Todd Green)

This is a gold mine. :) Finally, some solid information! MOO

March 3​

Evening hours: Caleb Harris played video games at his off-campus apartment ... with his two roommates and a mutual friend. They played for more than an hour with another former classmate who currently lives in Colorado.

March 4​

12:56 a.m.: A Ring doorbell camera at a nearby apartment shows Harris, his friend, and one of Harris' roommates in the apartment complex parking lot playing with a puppy that belongs to the girlfriend of one of Harris' roommates. ...

[...]

3:03 a.m.: Harris sent a Snapchat photo to a high school friend who lives in San Antonio. That photo showed "a small bridge over a drainage ditch on the 1900 block of Ennis Joslin, within a few hundred feet of the entrance to his apartment complex."

3:12 a.m.: Harris' cell phone last shared its location data with the nearest cell phone tower.

3:20 a.m.: The UberEats driver delivered Harris' order to his apartment. The order was left outside the front door as Harris had requested.

[...]

March 28, 2024
Noting:
  • A preliminary search of the apartment complex and surrounding area revealed no signs of a struggle or violence, nor any indicia of a hit and run accident.
  • Caleb’s roommates, friends and family members have been extremely cooperative and have been completely excluded as having anything to do with Caleb’s disappearance.
  • Detectives confirmed the Uber Eats driver was alone by reviewing surveillance video from the convenience store where she picked up Caleb’s order. She also has been eliminated as a suspect.
  • Thus far, investigators have retrieved video from twenty-seven different locations, including city owned traffic cameras.
  • Detectives have written 16 search electronic search warrants, submitted over 70 preservation requests, and issued 14 subpoenas for electronic data related to this investigation.
  • Forensic Computer Examiners have already reviewed over 600 GB of electronic data and continue to pour over data as it arrives on an almost daily basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500