Deceased/Not Found TX - Candice Shields, 20, pregnant, Graham, 10 Dec 2011 *J. Thornburg guilty*

It did. Thanks! So a walk seems very unlikely to me.

To me too....
I wonder if she smokes. I know she's pregnant, but sometimes people still smoke, and it would explain a trip out the back door and leaving it unlocked. Maybe someone was out there when she went out? Grasping at straws, but the way she was dressed for as cold as it was that night seems like just enough to go outside, but not for any length of time.....

Grandparents last see Candice between 9:30-10:00 PM-
Grandfather wakes up, checks on her and she is gone between 2:30-3:00 AM-
The last post she made on facebook at 10:30 PM, sounds like she is worried or conflicted about something-

I'm thinking she was communicating with someone and went out to meet them. She must not have thought she would be gone long or she would have taken her phone with her. That post about a car bugs me. Did someone bring a car over for her to look at and they went for a ride? Has anyone determined who she last spoke to and when?

As for JT, he was married. The photo's are dated 8/2009. I think the baby on his FB Page is from that marriage? Candice lists herself in a relationship with JT on 09/29/11.

Not even a month prior, she was in a relationship with another young man. Then there was her baby daddy. Her relationships become serious very quickly. Seems like the norm for youngsters these days, not criticizing her.

Mom's open fb page says:

"Please past word around about my daughter candice shields she is still missing last seen in mineral wells , tx at a bar call dog house Monday night , she was seen with a guy named Spencer this is all we have as of yet."
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001500037017&sk=wall
She's given her name to news outlets, so I don't think this is in violation. Please remove if I am incorrect. Thanks!

Mom's open fb page says:

"Please past word around about my daughter candice shields she is still missing last seen in mineral wells , tx at a bar call dog house Monday night , she was seen with a guy named Spencer this is all we have as of yet."
She's given her name to news outlets, so I don't think this is in violation. Please remove if I am incorrect. Thanks!

I didn't see this? Is it referring to this last Monday...1/2? Thx. The first link on her FB to MSM, I can't bring up... I keep getting some kind of error msg. ?? IDK?

It's all so strange, because we are hearing nothing of her last few days before, just that night, etc. KWIM? Just not enough info. It bothers me she didn't take her phone...and besides the one msg about her missing on bf's FB...there's nothing more from him...silence. If she communicated with and then met them outside..there would be info on her phone or puter. ? Did something happen in her relationship with JT? Could she have just walked off to harm herself?

I didn't see this? Is it referring to this last Monday...1/2? Thx. The first link on her FB to MSM, I can't bring up... I keep getting some kind of error msg. ?? IDK?

It's all so strange, because we are hearing nothing of her last few days before, just that night, etc. KWIM? Just not enough info. It bothers me she didn't take her phone...and besides the one msg about her missing on bf's FB...there's nothing more from him...silence. If she communicated with and then met them outside..there would be info on her phone or puter. ? Did something happen in her relationship with JT? Could she have just walked off to harm herself?

Looks like the info about the bar and Spencer was posted by her mother on her own fb page on 12/16...that was a Friday, and she says she was seen there "last Monday"....which was the 12th??? I am confused. I thought she was last seen at her gp's house on 12/10. Maybe this was a sighting that turned out to be false?

I used to live in Graham many years ago. I pray this young woman is found safe. My heart goes out to her family.

“She just mysteriously left her grandparents’ house in the middle of the night. She didn’t take any of her things — no clothes, personal belongings, no personal hygiene things, nothing,” said her stepfather Ronnie Quillin.“There are so many rumors going around that Candice is with somebody or that she has been found. We, as the parents through the media, will let you know when she’s been found,” Michelle (Candice's Mother) said.

“Everything is adding up to something is wrong, and we hope to God we’re wrong. We’d love nothing more than for her to pop up and go, ‘Ha, ha, the jokes on you,’ but it’s not looking like that,” said Ronnie.

The worst possible outcome is very real for the Quillins because the family has seen firsthand what can happen in a situation like this. They were close to Bridget Herard, the teenage girl who disappeared in December 2009 and whose body was found six weeks later.

“She was a friend of my daughter. She spent the night at our house two weeks prior to her disappearing. We don’t want this to end up like another Bridget case,” said Michelle. “This does not need to be taken lightly. We can’t let this go that far. Hailey Dunn, the girl from Colorado City, Dec. 18 is a year for her and nobody’s heard anything. We don’t want her to go this far. This is just something that ... Graham does not need this to happen again.”

http://www.grahamleader.com/index.asp?Story=24059

I read somewhere that the sightings of Candice have all been checked out, were not her.

Someone quoted another snippet from this article about JT's girlfriend threatening Candice. But it seems like LE has looked into it already?

It does say she smokes on her myspace page http://www.myspace.com/2hottobeture

She talks about her new boyfriend so it seems current.

I'd love to know if her cigarettes or lighter were among the belongings left with her phone, etc., and if she was allowed to smoke in their house or not. If no to both, seems even more plausible that she either slipped out the back door to smoke or perhaps to meet someone right outside...especially since the back door was unlocked according to her grandfather. I personally don't lock my door if I'm just going right outside and expect to remain in sight of that door, but always lock it behind me and take keys if I expect to be where I won't be able to see the door....obviously everybody is different, though.

jmo

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002460535214&sk=wall

Hadn't really noticed this before either, but the last post to her fb was made @ 1:38 am on 12/11 via her phone which was left behind. That narrows the timeline of when she disappeared to between 1:38 am and approx 3:00 am that same morning when her grandfather was up and noticed she was not in the house.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002460535214&sk=wall

Hadn't really noticed this before either, but the last post to her fb was made @ 1:38 am on 12/11 via her phone which was left behind. That narrows the timeline of when she disappeared to between 1:38 am and approx 3:00 am that same morning when her grandfather was up and noticed she was not in the house.

Are you in the same time zone as Candice ? Her last post shows to me as 6:38am but i am in the uk ?

Are you in the same time zone as Candice ? Her last post shows to me as 6:38am but i am in the uk ?

Good point! I am on the East Coast - 1 hour ahead of TX, so she would have posted that at 12:38 her time.

Mom's open fb page says:

On the FB page dedicated to Shonda, a friend I think of the family says she talked to the mom and the sighting wasn't her. I hope LE checked it out just to be safe.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/131168740252745/

I really wish police would release whether or not she talked to anyone that night privately via email or FB or if there were any calls. I like the idea Knox had about the car. A friend of a friend lured her out to see a car. I just wish there was more info from LE. Bdawk20's point about the unlock door is another good point. If I am running out to the car or to grab the mail, I am not locking the door. I doubt she'd leave it unlocked for a long period of time for the safety of her grandparents. I wonder if her grandparents live in the countryside or in regular neighborhood?

With her grandparents not living in the country, makes me think she was just going out for a short time, not expecting to be gone long. Plus, according to her FB she was due to start a new job the following day. And she's pregnant.

I am not sure what we can post with FB. On her page, there is a girl really angry at her on her brother's behalf. I hope LE looked at her just to be safe. It was quite a while ago but who knows. May not be anything significant. Wish there was more to go on.

I read somewhere that the sightings of Candice have all been checked out, were not her.

Someone quoted another snippet from this article about JT's girlfriend threatening Candice. But it seems like LE has looked into it already?

Ok this is bizarre. I realize at times a cigar is just a cigar but what are the odds of someone close to another missing and dead gir,l disappearing herself? Not only knowing her but spent the night at the same grandparents house two weeks before she went missing..and now Candice.

Same time of year as well, December. A two year cooling off period..could be? Maybe Candice was worried because she suspected someone.

I have no idea if they caught the person of the first girls disappearance and death but it just seems so odd.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back