GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #37 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO
LE knew this GJ was meeting and are fearful he will get out so they needed
something that will keep him where he is.
I don't think this has anything at all to do with what happened to Christina and wont help to find her.

JMVOO

BBM - I agree completely.

Insinuating their relationship was like one you've been in in the past or that she had the emotional maturity that you had (at 16) is assuming things about this victim and there is no basis for these allegations. Plain and simple, he had illegal sex (in Tx) with this minor 15-20x's and he's being charged with second degree felony.

Do we know that she hasn't been living the last 2 yrs with traumatic symptoms? We don't, let's not assume she's not effected by having a relationship with a compulsive liar, who at the age of 16 sexually preyed upon her whether she was aware of what was happening then or not. She might have enjoyed the sex, 16 is prime age for that, but its not uncommon for sexual abuse victims to feel ashamed and traumatized after the perp is gone.

<Mod Snip>

IMO there's no chance EA doesn't get indicted for AK....1 in 69 quadrillion.... Completely unrealistic to act like the SA charge is stronger than the AK charge and is a safety net to keep EA in jail.

If they were just looking for charges to pile on EA (with or without a strong chance of conviction), they missed a few: possession of drug paraphernalia, drinking & driving, & obstruction of justice (who knows what else they found at his house)

I wonder what the reaction would be if LE had found evidence & charged HF w/ SA of a 16 yr old. 100% sure it would be different.

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. The fact that he lied & told his parents she was 17 tells me he knew what the legal age of consent is. He thought he wouldn't get caught but he did.

JMO

Even if something belonging to Christina is found in a landfill, that would not prove she too was there. Her belongings could have ended up in a dumpster in a number of ways, i.e via EA, or a passerby who found and tossed them. And having no idea which dumpster may have been used would make it impossible to search a landfill-if automated, the location of contents of dumpsters are recorded by dumpster/neighborhood. And that info simply is not known.

Searching a landfill is a huge and dangerous undertaking...not to be undertaken just because a missing person has not been found elsewhere. Otherwise, landfills around the country would be search sites constantly. Jmo

Is there a reason to believe she is in a landfill? Is it because she hasn't been found? Or is that what you would do if you were in the situation (serious question...I've tried to imagine what I would do).

What's holding me back on the dumpster theory is the damage to EA's car. I don't see him damaging his car by just driving up to an isolated dumpster. What about if more evidence was released & there was mud clumped on his car or scratches to the paint that looked like he had gone through brush? What if EA himself had scratches to his legs and arms (I know I do after searching). Just throwing out ideas, not facts

I'm not sure what to think about where Christina can be found. I waver between landfill or some out of the way place. The car damage is puzzling which makes me think she's likely in wooded area. The family needs answers . I can't imagine the horrible limbo they are in.

The brilliance of Plano LE really shows with this child sexual charge.

1. It appears to be thorough detective work. It appears they followed one text from EA to put together the case.

2. They don't have a case without the victim's testimony. It appears they've got that plus corroborating testimony from a friend and an admission from EA. There will be others called, too. If that is the case, they've got a pretty easy conviction. It's illegal to have sex with a 16 year old when you're 22.

3. They are rushing this to the grand jury because they want this to go first. Here's where their brilliance shows through. The star witnesses for the prosecution will be EA's Mom and Dad to answer some uncomfortable questions about EA and what was happening in their house. Let me be clear, they are also victims of EA and it is unfortunate but remains a great strategy. Other prosecution witnesses aside from those mentioned above will be his brother and most recent girlfriend.

4. They'll get a conviction on this and it will put him away for at least 7 years. Then they'll get to the AK case and perhaps to the murder.

It really increases the pressure on EA to take a plea.

This is really interesting thinking on LE's legal strategizing in several ways ...
* the idea that they may try to pull the rape charge 1st and head to trial relatively quickly
* the idea that they might use this rape charge as the vehicle to keep EA in jail, thus allowing them to strategically delay the AK indictment even further
* the idea of how this charge might be able to shift the dynamic between EA and his parents, brother, his (current?) gf R, and others (including his willingness to work a deal with LE)
* although you didn't note it, the actions in the rape mean that EA (assuming he's convicted of the rape) has been a sexual predator since at least 2012 (and maybe longer), which both legally and logically impact the way we look at his actions with CM that night
...I think that LE is showing to be super-smart here. They looked at the actions with CM, saw evidence of an experienced predator rather than a novice, and perceptively started looking closer to see if they could find evidence of other predatory acts that came before. I wouldn't be surprised if there are more.

Is there a reason to believe she is in a landfill? Is it because she hasn't been found? Or is that what you would do if you were in the situation (serious question...I've tried to imagine what I would do).

What's holding me back on the dumpster theory is the damage to EA's car. I don't see him damaging his car by just driving up to an isolated dumpster. What about if more evidence was released & there was mud clumped on his car or scratches to the paint that looked like he had gone through brush? What if EA himself had scratches to his legs and arms (I know I do after searching). Just throwing out ideas, not facts

I try to think of places that are not the norm. Especially if nothing has been found of the victim. I get a very strong gut feeling. I always try to go with my gut since it is rarely wrong. My next choice would be dismemberment and burnt.

The "story" doesn't matter, does it? It's very illegal. There's not some sort of circumstance that is going to make it legal for EA to have had sex at 22 with a 16-year-old. That's predatory behavior, and a felony in Texas which is punishable by up to 20 years.

This is a general observation, not to excuse EA in any way but ime affairs of the heart aren't as black and white as this.

I can't agree that every instance of underage sexual contact involves predatory behaviour, it's not always that simple. I'd really like to know if Jennifer is on board with this charge.

I'm not disagreeing with you on the law Steve but as someone who was once a 16 year old girl I think we have a differing viewpoint.

IMO there's no chance EA doesn't get indicted for AK....1 in 69 quadrillion.... Completely unrealistic to act like the SA charge is stronger than the AK charge and is a safety net to keep EA in jail.

If they were just looking for charges to pile on EA (with or without a strong chance of conviction), they missed a few: possession of drug paraphernalia, drinking & driving, & obstruction of justice (who knows what else they found at his house)

I wonder what the reaction would be if LE had found evidence & charged HF w/ SA of a 16 yr old. 100% sure it would be different.

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. The fact that he lied & told his parents she was 17 tells me he knew what the legal age of consent is. He thought he wouldn't get caught but he did.

JMO

That's a very good point, why hasn't he been charged with any of the drug offences I wonder, didn't he admit to smoking a bowl (I have no idea what that means btw)

I think he took her someplace off road, maybe Lake Lavon area. Lots of dirt roads, wooded/brushy areas around there.

IMO

Exactly! I've mentioned the odd car damage a few times, with not much response & I think it is important. The problem I have with dumpsters is somebody could see him doing that, businesses close by, CCTV, cops patrolling alleys, decomp odor (EA wouldn't know when the dumpster would be emptied), a dark Camaro with dark tinted windows-near a dumpster (seems suspicious to me).. Maybe the forensics they did on the car will show something that is indigenous to a certain area..

Maybe deep-down, I just don't want it to be a dumpster, because I do want her found....

All of the above: JMO

1 This is a general observation, not to excuse EA in any way but ime affairs of the heart aren't as black and white as this.

2 I'm not disagreeing with you on the law Steve but as someone who was once a 16 year old girl I think we have a differing viewpoint.

1 You assume that, to him at 22, dating a 16 year old was "an affair of the heart" and some sort of true-ish love, rather than simply a ploy to get in her pants. I find it far more likely to have been perceived as "deep" and "caring" and "heart-felt" to her at 16, than to him at 22.

More important. Because of the disparity in age and potential maturity, the law doesn't allow the older to prey on the younger in making such decisions. Period.

2 The issue isn't what she felt or thought. It's about him and his actions. He lied to her about his age, so that she would let down her guard. He preyed on a much younger girl.

I don't question that perhaps SHE was sincerely swept up in a love affair (or so she thought), just like you were at 16. She may have even thought he was madly in love with her. But that doesn't alter who HE was (a 22 year old man preying on a much younger, impressionable teen) and what HE was doing (committing rape of a child who was too young to legally be considered wise enough to give sexual consent to a much older man).

Christina, where ever you are, you are missed and will not be forgotten...awesome picture by the way.
54b8853d198ae.image.jpg

Photo courtesy of Taylor Shelton;
Company head shot of
Christina Morris, taken two weeks
before her disappearance.

http://starlocalmedia.com/allenamer...cle_87ae063c-c1fd-11e4-b3e8-7773ec0915c3.html

1 You assume that, to him at 22, dating a 16 year old was "an affair of the heart" and some sort of true-ish love, rather than simply a ploy to get in her pants. I find it far more likely to have been perceived as "deep" and "caring" and "heart-felt" to her at 16, than to him at 22.

More important. Because of the disparity in age and potential maturity, the law doesn't allow the older to prey on the younger in making such decisions. Period.

2 The issue isn't what she felt or thought. It's about him and his actions. He lied to her about his age, so that she would let down her guard. He preyed on a much younger girl.

I don't question that perhaps SHE was sincerely swept up in a love affair (or so she thought), just like you were at 16. She may have even thought he was madly in love with her. But that doesn't alter who HE was (a 22 year old man preying on a much younger, impressionable teen) and what HE was doing (committing rape of a child who was too young to legally be considered wise enough to give sexual consent to a much older man).

Still not disagreeing with you about the legalities of the situation but for me that's only one facet of any crime.

As you know I'm not an American, I know only what helpful posters contribute about the laws in TX but my main interest is in human nature and trying to understand why people act as they do and then trying to use that to come up with ideas for where we might find Christina.

Room for both types of posters, the more brains we have working on this the better imo.

Why, though, does the law deem a 16 year old to be a Child? That's where I get hung up on this issue. Drivers' licenses are issued to 16 Y.O.s. I understand it's the law and EA, probably knowingly, broke it and LE busted him. To me, though, it's a technicality and not a true sexual assualt of a child, which to me carries a similar weight as murder. JMO.

Like you I've tried to imagine what I would do and I also don't lean towards the dumpster. I think Christina left the garage alive and in the passenger seat and that after whatever went down she was left somewhere secluded (explaining the car damage) and so far the vastness of the area involved has been EA's friend

JMO

Is rape and SA the same charge in TX? I have seen the word "rape" used here several times. I am abit confused. If EA raped her, would he not be charged with rape? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125