TX - David Stevens, 53, killed in random machete attack, Dallas, 12 Oct 2015

Maybe the Zodiac killer? He attacked couples usually in public parks I think? He had a lot more going on than this guy..

Yeah, at least one couple? I'm probably mixing up a few in my mind - Night Stalker, Zodiac, Israel Keyes, and maybe even the Central Park Jogger case. Or maybe just the Hillside Strangler.

Maybe they caught this guy after his first time and have saved a few lives. At least there's that.

(I have read too much about these killers, and my google history must be setting off alarms somewhere.)

Why woukd he wait for LE and confess like that?

Have you ever heard of that?

Wow This guy is definitely mentally ill. If he does that when he gets mad then he needs to be locked up and isolated.

This is the type of person that will be a danger to other inmates. I am very concerned that he will be sent to a normal jail and get a cellmate. One day he will get mad at his cellmate and bad things will happen.

I hope LE realizes he cannot be with other cellmates. He is a real danger.

Too bad we can't pick his cellmate. There are a few from other threads I would love to pair him up with ;)

Victim still unidentified. Guessing the victim was a good law-abiding citizen with no arrest record.

Police say he stabbed the man, who remains unidentified, multiple times in the head.
Johnson’s arrest affidavit shows he then approached another man, borrowed his cell phone and called 911.

Johnson told the operator there was a jogger on the trail lying “with a sword in his head and not moving.”

---

In January, he was convicted of breaking into his aunt’s home in Duncanville. According to a police report, the aunt told police there that her nephew had “mental issues.”

More at link...once the first cop arrived to check out the scene (he did not know TJ was the killer) he called the cop over and told him he had committed "Capital Murder".

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/10/13/new-details-on-man-accused-of-murder-on-white-rock-creek-trail/

I am distressed that this tragic victim has not been identified yet. Do you believe they have not been able to determine yet who he is? Surely they have by now, but I suppose it is possible this poor person was single, lived alone, worked from home, did not socialize much, etc. that would make it a challenge to track down who he is. That just bothers me, because it feels like it compounds an already horrific tragedy to not know who he was. Am I being unreasonable or unrealistic? This case just chills me to the bone.

A man told KXAS-TV (NBC5) that he called 911 about 30 minutes before the attack on Stevens to report a large, crazed man on the trail. The caller did not know the man had a weapon.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...come-to-light-in-spate-of-dallas-slayings.ece

I remember this guy from when he played at A&M (my alma mater) and then went missing. He was very talented. I imagine he is very disturbed - who kills a random person so violently then tells police he did it? He had a college football career ahead of him, at the least, and threw that away.

Apparently this guy was severely disturbed and it was evident for quite some time:

What Perine is saying is that it should have been apparent to all who came into contact with Johnson, particularly after he abruptly left the Texas A&M football team in 2012, that Johnson was losing his mind. And that he obviously needed help.

Johnson even confessed that he was “the son of god.” There is no better sign of psychosis than someone taking you into his confidence to reveal his “divinity.” And yet, as far as I can tell, the psychiatric care he so clearly needed was never made available.

http://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/l...-johnsons-descent-into-murderous-insanity.ece

:cry:

Rest in Peace, Mrs. Patti Stevens.
:rose:

Her death came a week after she told The Dallas Morning News about her love for her husband of 25 years, and her overwhelming grief.

“Dave was the love of my life and I’m lost without him,” she said through tears Oct. 19. “People need to know that this was a wonderful person going out and doing what he loved to do.”

Patti Stevens said then that she had trouble with sleeping, eating and even thinking clearly after her husband’s death.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...ock-runner-took-her-own-life-police-say.html/

Damn. I wish people could see all the tertiary damage they do when they murder.

Very sad. I know when my mom passed away I made sure my dad wasn't alone.

Rest in peace Mrs. Patti Stevens.

Jennifer Lindgren ‏@JLindgrenCBS11 [video=twitter;654406620689010688]https://twitter.com/JLindgrenCBS11/status/654406620689010688[/video]
Stevens' widow, Patti, shared this statement. He was a talented, long-time engineer for GE. @CBSDFW

For all intents and purposes, Thomas Johnson killed two people that fateful day at White Rock. I pray Patti is reunited with her beloved husband, Steven.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back