TX - Dr. Kendra Hatcher, 35, killed in parking garage, Dallas, 2 Sept 2015 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
CC family fighting to get custody of her child & they say BD is the one who should be in jail

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crim...mily-fighs-for-custody-of-her-child/72417172/

I just read the story you posted and I CANNOT BELIEVE Crystal Cortes' grandmother. Did she really say her family knew BD wanted somebody to get rid of her ex-boyfriend's new girlfriend - and was talking to Crystal about it?

Please tell me I'm stupid and did not read that, because you can't make this stuff up.

If indeed the family was aware that some girl was talking to Crystal about "getting rid" of somebody, I pray the judge doesn't release Crystal's son into their custody for any reason.

As a rule, though, one can almost never believe anything a family says when one of their own is implicated in a crime. Families never know as much about their individual parts as they believe they do.

I do feel sorry for that little boy though. It's heartbreaking how many lives this tragedy is affecting.

I think it's weird that no one else has been arrested besides CC. I thought from the get go her story sounded fishy.

I agree jamjam.

The grandmother must be talking to the media without a lawyer present because she has just implicated her grand-daughter in a Capital Felony Crime. If CC was knowingly the driver for a hit, there will be no wriggle room when it comes to negotiating charges and pleading. She can't argue that she was along for the ride on a 'robbery' when even the Grandma was witness to the scheming of bigger things. Madness.

From linked article above:
Fuentes says the family heard that woman planning something when she was with Cortes.

"She says she was messing with her husband, and she wanted somebody to get rid of her," the grandmother said.

I agree jamjam.

The grandmother must be talking to the media without a lawyer present because she has just implicated her grand-daughter in a Capital Felony Crime. If CC was knowingly the driver for a hit, there will be no wriggle room when it comes to negotiating charges and pleading. She can't argue that she was along for the ride on a 'robbery' when even the Grandma was witness to the scheming of bigger things. Madness.

From linked article above:

How incredibly dumb some people are. Not only is she incriminating her granddaughter but she is possibly opening her own self up to not taking action to notify authorities of a pending murder. I'm sure there must be some culpability for that.

How incredibly dumb some people are. Not only is she incriminating her granddaughter but she is possibly opening her own self up to not taking action to notify authorities of a pending murder. I'm sure there must be some culpability for that.

The grandmother is so intent on making sure BD gets blamed that she can't see beyond that to the consequences of her words. Very stupid and shortsighted. It may not even be true!
JMO

I just read the story you posted and I CANNOT BELIEVE Crystal Cortes' grandmother. Did she really say her family knew BD wanted somebody to get rid of her ex-boyfriend's new girlfriend - and was talking to Crystal about it?

Please tell me I'm stupid and did not read that, because you can't make this stuff up.

If indeed the family was aware that some girl was talking to Crystal about "getting rid" of somebody, I pray the judge doesn't release Crystal's son into their custody for any reason.

As a rule, though, one can almost never believe anything a family says when one of their own is implicated in a crime. Families never know as much about their individual parts as they believe they do.

BBM The great grandmother actually says she heard BD say someone was messing with her "husband". If that's really what BD said, it might speak to her state of mind.

And you're right, you can't make this carp up. It's jaw-dropping.

BBM The great grandmother actually says she heard BD say someone was messing with her "husband". If that's really what BD said, it might speak to her state of mind.

And you're right, you can't make this carp up. It's jaw-dropping.

Texas is a common-law state. I know someone who has been with their husband for years. their oldest daughter is 35 and they have several grandchildren. I had no idea they were common-law until they had an actual wedding about 4 years ago. She told me that they had never married in a civil ceremony, so they decided they wanted to have an actual wedding. I think you have to live together a certain amount of time, and conduct business as a couple. Things like having a joint bank account, both names on a lease, referring to each other as husband or wife used to constitute common-law. This may have changed in recent years, so I'm just not sure about it. So maybe in her mind this was her husband, but it's still not an excuse to murder. Just move on Lady! There are a lot of fish in the sea!

Also , upon reading the way it is worded:

"She says she was messing with her husband, and she wanted somebody to get rid of her," the grandmother said.

To me, that wording makes it sound like she was asking CC for help in 'getting rid of her' or help in finding someone to do so.

It does not sound like XGF had a solid plan and just needed CC as a driver. JMO :cow:

Also , upon reading the way it is worded:

To me, that wording makes it sound like she was asking CC for help in 'getting rid of her' or help in finding someone to do so.

It does not sound like XGF had a solid plan and just needed CC as a driver. JMO :cow:

I know, right? It makes it sound like XGF was just throwing this idea out there to see who would bite. CC and Granny could have reported her. We've all seen those crime shows where undercover cops disguise themselves as hit men to apprehend someone who is planning a murder-for-hire. I wish this had happened in KH's case.

Strange she would refer to the boyfriend as "my husband ".

I wonder if those were xgf 's words or Grandma 's words?

Texas is a common-law state. I know someone who has been with their husband for years. their oldest daughter is 35 and they have several grandchildren. I had no idea they were common-law until they had an actual wedding about 4 years ago. She told me that they had never married in a civil ceremony, so they decided they wanted to have an actual wedding. I think you have to live together a certain amount of time, and conduct business as a couple. Things like having a joint bank account, both names on a lease, referring to each other as husband or wife used to constitute common-law. This may have changed in recent years, so I'm just not sure about it. So maybe in her mind this was her husband, but it's still not an excuse to murder. Just move on Lady! There are a lot of fish in the sea!
A run down on common law marriage in Texas for anyone who is interested.

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/texas-law/common-law-marriage-in-texas.html

I think a plan would have to go a lot further before LE would be interested in someone saying they want to "get rid of her". Even after the fact, look who is walking free? I don't think EGF will be arrested. She is way smarter than CC. Sounds to me like CC's son is being used as a pawn to try and make her talk, unless CC has told LE things the family is not aware of.

Brenda Delgado is obviously involved in the murder of Kendra Hatcher - she procured the vehicle that was used in the slaying. And she has an obvious connection to the victim - being the ex-girlfriend of Ricardo Paniagua. I feel certain when police first spoke to her that she must have quickly lawyered up. She obviously didn't voluntarily allow a search of her apartment. It was reported police had to get a judge to sign a warrant for the search. She is probably not cooperating with police and they have to still try and gather evidence & tie all the pieces together to arrest her. Here's hoping police find everything they need swiftly.

What is the possibility?

CC committed this crime entirely on her own? She was the driver and shooter? Of course, she did this at the request of XGF.

:jawdrop:

What is the possibility?

CC committed this crime entirely on her own? She was the driver and shooter? Of course, she did this at the request of XGF.

Weeelllll CC is the only one sitting in the C L I N K!

What is the possibility?

That would be dumber that dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members