GUILTY TX - Dr. Kendra Hatcher, 35, killed in parking garage, Dallas, 2 Sept 2015 - #4

I am pretty sure they have to know where she is in order to even ask for an extradition.

How long does it take for Mexico LE to review the paperwork and agree to extradite ?

I don't believe you are interpreting it correctly. US is asking to extradite her. Mexican citizens can be extradited. We don't want her to be tried in Mexico. All the witnesses are here in US. She can not be deported but she can be extradited. US will have to agree to take death penalty off the table (and this was a potential death penalty case).
I am trying to understand this, so please bare with me. I should of said I believe she will not be extradited, but prosecuted in Mexico, instead of saying it is what will happen. I agree a Mexican citizen can be extradited back to the US. From my link it says it is an exception not the norm. Page three: However, like most extradition agreements, the treaty between the United States and Mexico does not obligate either party to hand over its own nationals . In recent years, extraditions of Mexican nationals to face trial in the United States have been the exception rather than the norm . Thus, if it is determined that a suspect is a citizen of that country, an Article 4 prosecution is generally the best way to proceed .
This is from the introduction of the link I posted:
When a Mexican national commits a crime in the United States and then flees to Mexico, Texas prosecutors have two realistic options: 1) if the fugitive is an American citizen1 the prosecutor can file a request for extradition under a treaty that exists between the United States and Mexico; or 2) The prosecutor may seek prosecution of the offender in Mexico by Mexican authorities under Article 4 of the Mexican Federal Penal Code.
Also on page 17: When Mexican or other foreign nationals commit crimes in the United States and flee to their native country, they, too, should be brought to justice by the most effective legal means currently available: prosecution under Article 4 of the Mexican Federal Penal Code .
I do understand that the US is trying to have her extradited according to MSM. What I am not so sure about is if they will be successful in that or if they will have no other choice but to go with Article 4, and have her tried in Mexico.

I sure hope it doesn't take that long.

I think it's a fair guess we all hope so. But it's up to Mexico at this point. It would have been so much easier if BD was arrested and kept in custody. Unfortunately BD being a citizen of Mexico makes this whole process very difficult.

You know LE knew she was guilty when they questioned her.
I just wonder if they thought she was a flight risk.

I suspect they felt their hands were tied at that point. If they charged her to keep her from fleeing when they questioned her, the clock starts ticking on when they have to present evidence at a hearing. If they don't have enough and the judge let her go, then she knows they're onto her--making her more likely to flee or, at the very least, much more cautious about everything she does.

That has to be tough for LE when they are faced with these challenges.
I sure hope Mexico agrees to send her butt back here !

Do you think she is under constant surveillance while in Mexico, or will she be able to change her location however many times it's necessary so that she will not be arrested?

I would think that now LE knows a family member put her on the bus to Mexico that DPD has told this person they have to give information as to where she is.

I wonder if RP is still in touch with KH's family.
I bet he is still in shock.

Probably best to resign ourselves to a long wait, i.e a few years, before Kendra's case comes to trial. Even if one of the suspects had not fled, capital cases can take a few years. LE may still decide to pursue the harshest penalty against the shooter, even if they have to back off the DP for the ex. Imo, this was never going to come togethe for a trial quickly, in any event.

Seems like Mexican LE would at least arrest her and hold her while either extradition takes place or they try her there. Has she been arrested in Mexico?

Seems like Mexican LE would at least arrest her and hold her while either extradition takes place or they try her there. Has she been arrested in Mexico?

Why would they arrest her in Mexico? She hasn't committed any crimes in that country. She's a Mexican citizen. It is the U.S. that wants her for a crime committed here. There have been several links posted that explain the extradition process and how hard LE has to work here to prove a case for extradition for Mexico to step in, and it looks like they are working diligently to do just that. It's frustrating, I know, but it is my belief that in time it will happen.

Seems so unfair for KH's family.
This insecure, jealous, crazy person has an innocent person killed and she is still freely walking around living her life.

I still don't understand why BD didn't have RP killed.....
He is the one who dumped her and even after having KH killed, RP will eventually move on and meet someone else.
Is BD going to have the person killed as well ?

It is bizarre given that it doesn't sound like he immediately started dating Kendra.
But perhaps she thought it would be more painful to him to kill the one he loved? Otherwise, he's not alive to feel the pain.
Or maybe she was delusional enough to think that by doing this, he'd see how much she truly loved him and come back to her.
What really blows my mind is how she talked anyone into going along with this.

I agree....9 times out of 10, ALL murderers get caught, especially ones like these amateur clowns !

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6
Back