TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #6

Never stop believing in hope because miracles happen every day.

https://twitter.com/akahancrimesto1
@akahancrimesto1

Meeting Reminder: Parents of Murdered Children and Surviving Family Members of Homicide Monthly Meeting Tonight at Crime Stoppers starting at 7:00 PM. All are welcome to join us to show support for surviving family members of homicide See you there!

1710540246631.png2:50 PM · Mar 12, 2024

Curious about the name of the source mentioned as "a commercial retail video."

Timeline of events​

January 25, 2019 - February 6, 2019​

* Updated on 12/10/2023 by Robert Nuelle, Jr. The arrival and departure times at the scene for Robert & Rosemary Nuelle were updated based on newly released dash cam footage. Sergio Barraza's arrival time was also updated based on the dash cam footage.

• FYI: The events listed here are critical points in the incident timeline. These times were gathered from 4 sources: the Bozeman Video, a commercial retail video; the Barraza Nest doorbell video, and the call slip from the incident. The timeline entries by Sergeant Michael Ritchie are shown in red. Discrepancies may be due to the cameras not all having the correct time. Entries marked “approximately” are according to our memories and may not be accurate. Timeline
Could it be video footage from the Starbucks we know Liz visited before returning home to start her garage sale?

It's possible that one of the women SB'S father was having an affair with thought he lived at SB and EB's home. Maybe he didn't want the women he was having affairs with to know where he actually lived and told them that was his house or the person tried to find out online and got the wrong address.

It's possible that one of the women SB'S father was having an affair with thought he lived at SB and EB's home. Maybe he didn't want the women he was having affairs with to know where he actually lived and told them that was his house or the person tried to find out online and got the wrong address.
But they shoot Liz though?

She would obviously not be SBs fathers wife, right?

Very creative and interesting, but I’m just not seeing how that correlates to Liz being shot.

Is there something I am not thinking about?

But they shoot Liz though?

She would obviously not be SBs fathers wife, right?

Very creative and interesting, but I’m just not seeing how that correlates to Liz being shot.

Is there something I am not thinking about?
The scenario is that the killer was a woman who was told by SB's father that he lived in that home (maybe because their house was nicer than his), so when they saw a woman setting up for a garage sale they assumed it was his wife. Maybe SB's father even had her over at that home instead of paying for hotel rooms. Does anyone know if he had his own key?

The scenario is that the killer was a woman who was told by SB's father that he lived in that home (maybe because their house was nicer than his), so when they saw a woman setting up for a garage sale they assumed it was his wife. Maybe SB's father even had her over at that home instead of paying for hotel rooms. Does anyone know if he had his own key?
Some interpret the garage sale audio to have the shooter ask "Liz Barraza?' Could it be "Ms. Barraza?"

I've read in some places that Sergio's mom stayed at their house some times, so I don't think mistaken identity is an impossible theory.

Some interpret the garage sale audio to have the shooter ask "Liz Barraza?' Could it be "Ms. Barraza?"

I've read in some places that Sergio's mom stayed at their house some times, so I don't think mistaken identity is an impossible theory.
I don’t think it’s impossible either, but, this shooter walked with a strong sense of purpose and wasted no time killing Liz.

I would imagine the shooter would be a little confused about why SBs father had such a young wife. I would picture the shooter being at least slightly hesitant.

I also imagine if this was one of SBs mistresses, she would have at least been aware of Sergio and Sergio being married.

Mistaken identity has happened many, many times. The Mary Morris’s, Daniel Ott, a journalist attached to the Chuck Morgan case, and a case of two women named Janet (forget their last name) which I highly suspect was a modern retelling of the Mary Morris case with different names (would be VERY bizarre if it wasn’t but cannot find any more info that that case besides a true crime show).

I feel like with so many cameras this case should should have been solved by now. What I don't get is why aren't the police saying where the final place the truck was captured on camera was. At some point it should have been seen on camera in a place they were expecting it to, but wasn't. The truck probably went off road again at some point during that time to avoid cameras. It most likely wasn't seen on camera that long after the murder either or police would have been certain of the color because there was only about 20 more minutes until the sun came up. It seems like it was someone familiar with the area and I believe someone who must have lived close by, so why haven't the police been able to connect a person to that truck yet? I've never seen a case that seems so solvable take so long to figure out.

I don’t think it’s impossible either, but, this shooter walked with a strong sense of purpose and wasted no time killing Liz.

I would imagine the shooter would be a little confused about why SBs father had such a young wife. I would picture the shooter being at least slightly hesitant.

I also imagine if this was one of SBs mistresses, she would have at least been aware of Sergio and Sergio being married.

Mistaken identity has happened many, many times. The Mary Morris’s, Daniel Ott, a journalist attached to the Chuck Morgan case, and a case of two women named Janet (forget their last name) which I highly suspect was a modern retelling of the Mary Morris case with different names (would be VERY bizarre if it wasn’t but cannot find any more info that that case besides a true crime show).
I think, IF it at all had to do with the mistresses, it was a hitman, sent by one or the other. Maybe, what the killer seemed to show Liz, was a notice asking "Is it you, Mrs. Sergio Barraza?" or "Is it you, the d-i-l of Oscar Barraza?" or "Is it you?" showing her a photo of herself besides Sergio/Oscar. No mistaken identity, I believe. Maybe, Liz was an emphatic d-i-l to Sergio's mother and had persuaded her, not to put up with cheating, and with this she helped starting the filing for divorce. MOO

I'm astounded and saddened that this case isn't closed. And ashamed to say I forgot all about it. I remember watching the videos, maybe a ring audio... it didn't strike me as any kind of accident or random thing. It looked like a targeted hit job to me.
I won't forget Liz again. :(

I think, IF it at all had to do with the mistresses, it was a hitman, sent by one or the other. Maybe, what the killer seemed to show Liz, was a notice asking "Is it you, Mrs. Sergio Barraza?" or "Is it you, the d-i-l of Oscar Barraza?" or "Is it you?" showing her a photo of herself besides Sergio/Oscar. No mistaken identity, I believe. Maybe, Liz was an emphatic d-i-l to Sergio's mother and had persuaded her, not to put up with cheating, and with this she helped starting the filing for divorce. MOO

There is one person who I believe is mostly likely the trigger woman, but I digress. I learned more about her and it just doesn't quite fit.

One motive I had for this person was that Liz was planning to turn her in, had directly confronted her about something she did and had planned to turn her in, or was just super paranoid and reasoned that Liz was planning to turn her in (when in reality Liz may or may have not know about anything she was doing at all).

I could see the same logic applying to Sergio's father's dilemma concerning his infidelity.

There is one person who I believe is mostly likely the trigger woman, but I digress. I learned more about her and it just doesn't quite fit.

One motive I had for this person was that Liz was planning to turn her in, had directly confronted her about something she did and had planned to turn her in, or was just super paranoid and reasoned that Liz was planning to turn her in (when in reality Liz may or may have not know about anything she was doing at all).

I could see the same logic applying to Sergio's father's dilemma concerning his infidelity.
I know next to nothing about this case so I should keep my mouth shut. But as a general observation I'm struck by the similarities to the murder of Jeff German.

Eta: I think you're on the right track, it seems like a grudge.

Definitively, it can be said that not all surveillance footage has been released of the following:

-- events of what transpired that day, setting up the garage sale, moving of items, Liz going to Starbucks, S going to Lowes/driving van
-- (another) video of the horrific murder
-- the truck's movement going in and out of the Barraza's neighborhood

Curious about how it was determined the type of vehicle... cameras are placed all over recording driver's license plates. However, it's difficult to see a plate on the truck. It even appears that the tailgate may have been pulled down.

moo, at this time.

I have not been on in a while and am reading through the posts. Has LE checked with any self storage facilities near Elizabeth and Sergio’s house? Due to the APB yielding nothing, they could have hidden the truck in one of these. Plenty of room in some of the larger ones and as long as they pay rent - no questions asked

what does d-i-l mean?

I have not been on in a while and am reading through the posts. Has LE checked with any self storage facilities near Elizabeth and Sergio’s house? Due to the APB yielding nothing, they could have hidden the truck in one of these. Plenty of room in some of the larger ones and as long as they pay rent - no questions asked
That’s one way they could hide it…but I would imagine paying the monthly payment on it with storage unit rent included would get mighty taxing. It’s been 5 years now, too. So I’m sure if they did that temporarily, it’s out of storage by now.

My hunch is that this truck is from out of state and was “borrowed” either with or without the actual owners knowledge.

The shooter either nagged them to death about it (I imagine them to be extremely manipulative if they were willing to shoot Liz at point blank like that), made a really compelling excuse (babies out of formula, need feminine items NOW) or just straight up took it while the owner was sleeping.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back