TX TX - Elizabeth Campbell, 20, Copperas Cove, 25 April 1988

Welcome Sugie:). Thank you for offering to look into this and perhaps find a way to see the records. I am thinking we may very well need the help, but please stand by for Moonbug's thoughts.

Lion

Thank you for the warm welcomes. I will definitely wait on Moonbug to do anything on this end.

I keep telling myself that I cannot possibly take on any more cases to follow, be interested in, or help out with, and then I get interested in another one and find connections...you guys here on WS are magnetic, and it always floors me at how warm and generous everyone is. And also that so many of you are from TEXAS!! Lots of MP there, unfortunately.

Well, MoonBug...I, too, offer my support in any way that I can. As you can see, there are many others awaiting your replies and will at the very LEAST offer guidance and support...and it seems much more.

Please keep in touch!

MoonBug,
Would you mind sharing with us, if you know, how Elizabeth's info. came to be posted on the TX Missing Persons' Clearinghouse site? Do you know if your family was able to submit it, or did the LE?

Thanks for your help, warmly,

MoonBug-
Just want to let you know I have been thinking about your sister's case and would like to assist if I could, and I think several others here on WS feel the same way. :innocent: Could you reply to some of our questions when you are ready? I couldn't help but notice that once we started asking questions, you fell silent. I hope we are not intruding...we merely want to offer support and resources if we can help.

waiting to hear back from you,

At the beginning, the family had written many letters to the main headquarter of Texas Missing Clearinghouse in Corpus Christi, Texas, before it was moved to Austin, Texas and so has the detective in charged of Elizabeth's case. Also letters were written to every senator, representatives, congress, state and local polices, county sheriffs, and a personal letter to the first lady at the time, Nancy Reagan. Making a bunch of noises and with Nancy Reagan help, some good handful of law officials office did give some help for both the family and Elizabeth. As for as specific information to details of Elizabeth to be given, I will first have to have both the investigator in charge of the case and the entire family's approval. So far, some are at disapproval while some are ok with it. I will not be answering all questions right away or without 100% by all party members.

From post #1
. . .was carrying a yellow jacket, a 7-11 smock with her name tag, . . .

Seems I remember reading on some websleuths case of
an UnID'd body that had a smock similar to a 7-11 type. Can't remember which section it was in though, maybe the cold case section or something like that. It might be worth doing some forum searches on it to find the thread where it was mentioned.

I did some forum searching on the word smock and did find a couple of mentions of a 7-11 smock although it was written as 7/11 in one of them so it was a good idea that I just ran the search on the word smock.

One of the instances was only referring to a head that they thought might be related to this existing case (although the head had no teeth fillings) but the other was referring to a slightly older case from 1982 where a an UNId's woman was found in AL wearing part of a 7-11 smock.

The case thread was here
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45474&highlight=smock

And the doe net address is below. (The old link in the thread does not work unless you change the .us part to read .org so I just changed it and added it here for convenience.)

While it seems certain that the dates and skin color rule out this UNID'd person as being our missing person in this thread it would seem prudent to keep our eyes open incase someone has made a habit of collecting victims who work at 7-11's (Seven Eleven) such as a trucker or traveling sales person might do.

http://doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase404.html

MoonBug-
I am so sorry you didn't receive the proper assistance when this first started. It sounds like your family is united and firm and resourceful in their efforts to searh for Elizabeth. We will wait for word from you and will not overload you with questions...hope you didn't feel like we were being nosy or voyeurs. If I may speak for "everyone", we merely want to offer support first, and assistance if possible. The fact that you posted originally made us realize you wanted exposure for her, and gained our interest. We apologize if it was too much...
warmly,

As it states on the site, Missing Pieces "Is a program designed to raise public awareness and encourage communications of information between people who can help locate or identify individuals in cases that have been classified as Unsolved, Missing, Murdered & Undentified."

Please help out the victims and the families by visiting the Missing Pieces and clicking on the Episodes in the archives. One person can make a difference in another's lives.

Elizabeth's Story will air on Missing Pieces on 18 September 2007, Episode 58. Please take the time to hear each stories on there. Thank you.

http://www.missingpieces.info/

This case is 20 years old now. No posts on it for about two years. Any new information?

Hello, I am the sister of Elizabeth Campbell. I do appologize that I haven't posted in awhile. There has been no new development on her case. My family and I are still actively searching for her. There's no way we can give up until we find out where she is, what happened to her..

Hi Moonbug! I feel for you and your family and am sorry for what you all have been through.

Does the family have any "feeling" as to what might have happened to her? What about the ex boyfriend, what was his story of what happened that night?

Hi Moonbug! I feel for you and your family and am sorry for what you all have been through.

Does the family have any "feeling" as to what might have happened to her? What about the ex boyfriend, what was his story of what happened that night?

I second that question. What is his alibi?

Wow! She was beautiful!

I find it interesting that she was half Asian and she was seen in the company of an Asian male. That indicates to me that she knew the person. It seems like to much of a coincidence that she would have been picked up or abducted by an unknown man who happens to be Asian too.

I'm sorry I've not been posting or occasionally letting anyone know of my sister's, Elizabeth A Campbell, case has been going. So far, there's been no new development, but on a morning show, my mom seen a lady from Kanasas, who is an anthropologist, talking about many unidentified bodies, who has no name to. I have sent information to them, and also, I have gotten the investigator handling my sister's case to be in contact with them. The name is National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs), and their site is http://www.namus.gov/

There are different people handling different regional areas in the USA. I do know they ask for all informations along with if there's dental work and DNA available. They put all of this onto their site.

It's hard waiting and wonder if possible one of the unidentified bodies is my sister. I do know that there is a possiblity she is no longer with my family and I in this world, but we hope she is still with us... I know as do many families and friends does too... :)

Oh, for the boyfriend's involvement, he had an alibi and was cleared. Even though, he was cleared. He knew my sister was out in this dangerous world alone and never contacted us to let us know of this nor called the next morning to find out if she made it home safe. My mother had gotten me around 9:15 am to 9:30 am to call him to find out where she was... Then begins our nightmare... If anyone is wondering if we are in contact with him, still, the answer is no. He oddly gave up on my sister... his love... somewhat shortly afterwards... Yes, we do have anger towards him, but we do not dwell on it. The most important thing in all of our lives is finding the whereabout of Elizabeth.

Ruled out by Dentals
Elizabeth Ann CAMPBELL

Dentals: Missing: #14, #19, #30. Fillings: #2, #3, #15, #18, #20, #31

Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse Online Bulletin

Missing Person Details

Date Picture Updated: 10/17/2001
m8804006_2.jpg

Additional Pictures
Campbell.jpg

Date Picture Updated: 10/25/2006

Name: Elizabeth Ann Campbell
Case Number: M8804006
Case Type: Involuntary
Last Seen in: Copperas Cove (Coryell County)
Last Seen on: 4/25/1988
Height: 5' 2 "
Weight: 97 lbs.
Age Missing: 20
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Black
Date of Birth: 5/31/1967
Race: Other
Sex: Female
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA
Circumstances: Ms. Campbell has scars on her forehead, elbow, under her chin and on her right eyebrow. She has a mole on her back between her shoulder blades and a small birthmark on her right buttock. Ms. Campbell wears glasses and has pierced ears. She was last seen at the 7-11 store on Highway 190. Ms. Campbell was wearing a white T-shirt with a design on the front, blue jeans, and white tennis shoes. She also wore a diamond Romance Wittnauer watch and a 10 karat gold ring with 3 sapphire stones in the center and one diamond on each side. Ms. Campbell was carrying a yellow jacket, a 7-11 smock with her name tag, a maroon-colored purse, and college books. Her purse was later found and turned into the Crocket County Sheriff's Department in Ozona, Texas.
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mp...3:32:53PM'

I'm sorry I've not been posting or occasionally letting anyone know of my sister's, Elizabeth A Campbell, case has been going. So far, there's been no new development, but on a morning show, my mom seen a lady from Kanasas, who is an anthropologist, talking about many unidentified bodies, who has no name to. I have sent information to them, and also, I have gotten the investigator handling my sister's case to be in contact with them. The name is National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs), and their site is http://www.namus.gov/

There are different people handling different regional areas in the USA. I do know they ask for all informations along with if there's dental work and DNA available. They put all of this onto their site.

It's hard waiting and wonder if possible one of the unidentified bodies is my sister. I do know that there is a possiblity she is no longer with my family and I in this world, but we hope she is still with us... I know as do many families and friends does too...

Oh, for the boyfriend's involvement, he had an alibi and was cleared. Even though, he was cleared. He knew my sister was out in this dangerous world alone and never contacted us to let us know of this nor called the next morning to find out if she made it home safe. My mother had gotten me around 9:15 am to 9:30 am to call him to find out where she was... Then begins our nightmare... If anyone is wondering if we are in contact with him, still, the answer is no. He oddly gave up on my sister... his love... somewhat shortly afterwards... Yes, we do have anger towards him, but we do not dwell on it. The most important thing in all of our lives is finding the whereabout of Elizabeth. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back